Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites DFX Anyone on here use one or has used one?

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whites DFX Anyone on here use one or has used one?
March 10, 2016 08:24AM
I'm thinking about getting one and thought I'd get your guys opinion if it's a good machine or not. I plan on using it primarily for coins and relics. My dirt is decent in some places but mild to heavy mineralized in some areas. I live just a little north of Keith Southern. This machine comes with the 6x10 DD and stock .950 and a 10x14 Excellarator DD coil.
Re: Whites DFX Anyone on here use one or has used one?
March 10, 2016 11:27AM
The DFX is a good detector. I have 2 of them that my brother and I use. I have no idea what detectors that you are use to, so I can't say how it will compare with them.
March 10, 2016 11:28AM
I use a Fisher F19 for relics and iron hunting and a Minelab Explorer XS for coins.
March 10, 2016 12:13PM
I have never used the F19 or any Minelab, so I have no idea how they compare.
wjs
March 10, 2016 12:22PM
I think there are better detectors out there. I had one, it was ok but to me nothing special other than you can customize it many different ways. Like a v3i lite.....;o)
March 10, 2016 12:26PM
Its nice that its can be either a dual or single freq. It doesnt have the depth of an explorer. good coin machine and on the beach switching to 15k found me some gold others missed. For relic hunting thou.......it wouldnt be my first choice. Got a lot of setting....... which if not done properly can work against you. HOWEVER, if you want to know how a machine really works the DFX is a good choice because a lot of setting you can do that most machines are pre set for. BUT dont get one without getting Jeff Fosters book..... digging deeper with the DFX. Best tech detector book ive read and a lot of the knowledge that can be related to any machine. Even if you dont get the machine.... id highly recommend this book as a real learning tool.

Dew
March 10, 2016 12:37PM
Would I be stepping down if I traded my F19 for it? I really wanted to trade my F19 for a CZ but got this trade offer and didn't know if I would be making the best decision.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2016 12:39PM by 88junior.
March 10, 2016 12:45PM
I bought one when they first came out. It found relics but I felt it didn't have good depth. Nothing over 7". I hunted basically in all metal. I've hunted along with my brother who was using the Silver Eagle. He found a deep bullet and when I tried it....nothing. I eventually sold it and got the Tejon. Now with that detector, my deepest find was a scabbard tip. The hole was every bit the length of my entrenching tool. The DFX just didn't do it for me. Good luck in your endeavor. Robert
March 10, 2016 02:14PM
The DFX's are nice detectors. They were Whites flagship for so long for a reason. Programables take a little while to learn to make them perform so you'll need to give it some time. The DFX isn't as hot on low conductors as the F19 but in all other respects it is definately stepping up.

The number one thing to remember is that after you ground balance, lock it.
Number two thing to remember is that it is permanently locked in salt mode in the multi-frequency Best Data and Corrolate modes.

Sounds like a good deal to me it is in good condition.
Good luck.

HH
Mike
March 10, 2016 04:31PM
I use to sell them was a dealer and it was not a good relic hunter was really good at parks and had lots of coils but it's time has come and gone in my mind maybe

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 10, 2016 10:34PM
I've had the F19 but it was replaced by the Racer (soon to be the R2). The DFX is my go to Coin and Jewelry detector using the BigFoot coil. The DFX came from the factory with pretty mild factory programs. I think White's did this so it would work for the majority of folks right out of the box in any soil and would remain stable. Many folks never took the time to learn it, and learn what it was capable of doing if setup properly. I also have the V3i but the DFX gets more park and school time.
March 10, 2016 10:47PM
DFX Bigfoot, best park and sports field jewelry combo ever made in my opinion. I tried the V3i several times but just went back to the DFX for the final time. I would not use it for relics however, would rather use the F19 for that personally.
March 11, 2016 12:30AM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DFX Bigfoot, best park and sports field jewelry
> combo ever made in my opinion. I tried the V3i
> several times but just went back to the DFX for
> the final time. I would not use it for relics
> however, would rather use the F19 for that
> personally.

The XL-PRO with the Tone I.D. Mod. and The Bigfoot Coil ain't too Shabby either!
March 11, 2016 06:23AM
If it's good on jewelry why wouldn't it be good on relics?
March 11, 2016 09:36AM
Most of the buttons and musket balls I have found, were found with the DFX. The settings that people use on any detector can make a big difference, on what they find.
March 11, 2016 03:17PM
Its an excellent unit for tweakers but certainly not user friendly usually a long learning period but many excel with them...
March 11, 2016 10:13PM
"I just did a trade and got one in part trade...good detector...if you know how to Program!"