Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Fors Relic....Video digs

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Nokta Fors Relic....Video digs
March 15, 2016 03:53AM
I think my main attraction of Makro and Nokta designs is summed up by Keith "Become comfortable with it..It's not hard to do..Not a lot of tweaking needed to get exceptional results..".

Great job to all testers and Nokta for the Relic, Racer 2, and anything else you might be working on.

Does anyone know where I can download a manual for the Relic? I only see a sales brochure on the Nokta site.

I know this is a relic unit. The name gives it away. But has anyone ventured into a typical city park to see how usable (or not) it might be for coin and jewelry hunting amongst the tabs and bottle caps?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2016 03:54AM by TabWhisperer.
March 15, 2016 11:51AM
Thanks Keith, that helps a lot. I sure would like to try one in some old camps i got to hunt. The ground is good up this way, Im in Va
March 15, 2016 01:36PM
I think I am going to get one as soon as they come available. I'm trying to decide between it and a MX Sport...leaning towards the Sport for water hunting BUT...I do it so little that I can't really justify having just a water machine.
March 15, 2016 05:00PM
Nice digs Keith. I like the the sound of that machine.
HH
Corey
March 16, 2016 07:24PM
Its first and foremost a relic unit..

BUT it can pull double duty on hunting coins in a say Pulltab area..

Use the three tone option assign the tone break at say pull tabs and use the disc to reject foil on the bottom if you like and you can coin shoot quite easily...

I like the three tone for old coin alert on fresh OLD sites myself!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 17, 2016 12:22PM
Just pre-ordered my Nokta Fors Relic. For $611 shipped that is a good price, especially since it comes with 2 coils.

I have an x-ray scheduled for my right foot, think I have a stress fracture. Have no idea how I will be metal detecting, but I just had to get one of these detectors. From what I have seen and heard, I expect this detector to be a game changer.
March 17, 2016 03:29PM
Good Job Keith thanks for the video...I love three ringers but in Calif only found one still in the casing that was a cool find. When I hunted in South Carolina found one but that was all I needed to make my day..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 17, 2016 05:13PM
Keith -- Sorry to keep bothering you about the machine. I was wondering how the machine fares in high EMI areas. With the higher khz over the Racer/Racer 2 is it any better or about the same?
March 17, 2016 06:31PM
Hungarian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just pre-ordered my Nokta Fors Relic. For $611
> shipped that is a good price, especially since it
> comes with 2 coils.
>
> I have an x-ray scheduled for my right foot, think
> I have a stress fracture. Have no idea how I will
> be metal detecting, but I just had to get one of
> these detectors. From what I have seen and heard,
> I expect this detector to be a game changer.

Just ordered mine too grinning smiley
March 17, 2016 09:12PM
I just pre ordered too. I didn't get mine for $611 though...that sounds like a good price. Mine was $679 with "free shipping".
March 18, 2016 12:49AM
Does pretty well Daniel in EMI areas..

Its is sparky when cranked up ...But I can run it under high lines quite well..compared to say a 14Khz or lower unit..

Its like a F19 in terms of EMI But way more power..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 18, 2016 02:18AM
where is a good place to order one? any idea when they will be out.
March 18, 2016 02:30AM
[noktadetectors.com]

not sure maybe end of month??

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2016 02:31AM by Keith Southern.
March 18, 2016 02:40AM
They said in an earlier post that they were shipping to the US distributor next week. So Keith is probably right. It will have to clear customs then ship to Kellyco. Then from there. I hope they send enough for the preorders. I am kinda excited about getting mine.
March 18, 2016 08:32AM
I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread. It's going to cost me $$$$$$/ lol
March 18, 2016 11:10AM
I put my Deus on Ebay so if it sells im going to order one. the hand full of bullets sold me. not that i did not find stuff with the deus but never had a lot of confidence with it.
March 18, 2016 06:23PM
I saw an air test with this machine. 19" on a U.S. Nickel!?!? Amazing, if true. Lots of potential. Looks like I'll be using it at my friend's property in Culpepper. Maybe in 2 months. Can't wait.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2016 06:28PM by Detectorist.
March 20, 2016 01:27PM
That same video shows a hammered silver coin at 16.5 inches (42cm). That is very good considering the high frequency of the detector. When I get mine I will
Be curious to see what depth it can air test a silver dime on edge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2016 01:30PM by Hungarian.
March 20, 2016 03:24PM
like to see a air test with a bullet, button, and a US plate.
March 26, 2016 01:02AM
Ill try and post some test stuff up..

I have a hunt video with it but I need to edit it some...

Yes it airtest a nickle way out there..19+..Deep mode

and a Zinc I notice does really well about 16+Deep mode

That was one of the goals ..get it hot on coins..Even though its on 19Khz..

sort of a Digital new age multi tone X5 ..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2016 02:09AM by Keith Southern.
March 26, 2016 02:03AM
Can't wait!!

Should be arriving soon according to what's been posted on the shipping status grinning smiley

But man - basically a souped up FG+ hot on coins with all the additional features added = gonna be a grand slam!

Heck = the FG+ is a grand slam in it's own right = the hottest 19kHz machine I've ever seen/used thumbs down