Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"There's nothing valuable in X-town dumb-ass"(my 2nd hunt of the year)

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
"There's nothing valuable in X-town dumb-ass"(my 2nd hunt of the year)
March 14, 2016 05:16PM
After doing some research and studying some old maps, I planned a trip with my dad to "x-town" which was about 30 mins away. Our first stop, was to grab a bite to eat. After, while driving in my small car, my father began to kick and the garbage around on the floor of the passenger seat claiming, "I can't move in here". Already frustrated, I gather the junk of the front seat and pulled into a near-by park(nothing good there) and went to a garbage can to throw the stuff from the passenger seat away.

Looking in the can, I noticed two beautiful solid wood with fancy gold painted trim, picture frames(On the back, they were listed at $10.00 a piece). Score! We then drove right to "x-town" and when we got there, we noticed that it was an old, BAD part of town(a bit dangerous). With my CTX in hand, I started swinging and my first target was a choppy 1-44. digging 8 inches down I popped out a dull grey disc that turned out to be a 1954 ben half!

We pressed on. After a while, there were scores of teenage hooligans smoking cursing worst than any sailor would in the park. My second target, a 12-43 turned out to be a 6 inch 1964 rosie. The, walking along the fence of a ball field with my dad, I spot a dollar bill pressed against the bottom of the fence mixed with leaves. Score!

Then, a guy pulls up in a $90,000 BMW about 40 feet from where we are at. Now I am thinking, this guy is going to throw us out. He then looks at us. I stop and look at him. he goes to his trunk and gets something. At this point, im thinking he is a couch getting the kids ready for baseball practice or something. I detect on. A few wheaties later, I look over at him and he is swinging away with what looks like a bounty hunter with a small coil. I laughed(COULDNT HELP IT) and pointed the guy out to my father. His coil was bent at a 45 degree angel, it was 3-6 inches above the ground, and he was swinging 100 miles and hour. I headed to him slowly because I so wanted to know what a guy with a $90,000 BMW, swinging a bounty hunter incorrectly was doing in such a poor part of town. As soon as the guy saw me heading in his direction, he packed up and left(seems odd doesn't it).

The swinging continued and 2 more wheats later, I dug my 3rd silver of the day, a 1930 merc dime. I turned around and my father vanished. I went into panic mode searching for him when I see him coming out of the woods unscathed.

While waiting for him, I decided to swing(I had headphones on) where I got the half, and there were about 6, 15ish year olds sitting at a table, the top dog teen yelled, "There is nothing valuable in x-town dumb-ass". At that point I stopped, turned my machine off, took of my headphones and starred right at him. Slowly, all the other teens but him left the table. Still starring at him, he put his head down, got up and walked away. My father said this was a dangerous thing to do, and I understand ALL the possible outcomes, but sometimes my anger gets the best of me.

Anyway, it was a great day. My research paid off and I got three silvers. I guess there was something valuable in x-town, DUMB-ASS! LOL
Re: "There's nothing valuable in X-town dumb-ass"(my 2nd hunt of the year)
March 14, 2016 05:40PM
Ha Ha Ha, good story Bey...good bluff...be careful.
March 14, 2016 05:48PM
Great story Beyonder---my wife & I enjoyed reading it & got a good laugh out of it also.-----After going through all that--I don"t think I would have enjoyed being there though.winking smiley-------Nice finds, congrats---and you deserve every one of 'em!!!
March 14, 2016 06:06PM
OBOLABOTS when confronted will back down.
March 14, 2016 06:21PM
The guy with the Beemer Hunter probably put them up to it for laughing at him...lol
March 14, 2016 06:28PM
Great story, and congrats on the finds. Has to be a good feeling to be able to share a hobby with your dad.

Glad the stare down worked out like it did. Had it been a gang or even a "wannabe" gang it might have gone differently.
March 14, 2016 10:48PM
"Has to be a good feeling to be able to share a hobby with your dad."

It is, but man he can be a pain lol. But, we have a great time together! He's the best hunting partner ever, he gives me all his finds LOL
March 15, 2016 12:00AM
Nice hunt. What detector does your dad use?
The only way I would detect in that neighborhood was If Im packin heat!
March 15, 2016 12:14AM
Yea it panned out this time thank the Lord but you carry a under $300.00 unit in places like that.
Don't wanna wrap a CTX around their punk ass heads.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
March 15, 2016 12:17AM
Good story and good finds. Having your dad with you is the best. Be careful out there....Stuart
March 15, 2016 12:21AM
"What detector does your dad use? "

He loves his Deus, but the 9 inch coil and the charger is broke(He is just getting it sent in). So he used his E-trac with a 5 inch coil. Thats heavy for him so he didnt do well.

Thanks for the good cheer guys, you are the best!
March 15, 2016 12:42AM
Cool because not only does your dad detect but he's apparently deep into it.
Can't get better than that.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
March 15, 2016 01:37AM
The guy in the BMW was swinging a Bounty Hunter in case he had to wrap it around somebody's head. smileys with beer

A lot of places I hunt are like that. I carry a pretty gnarly and scary sharp homemade shovel........and the laziest Australian Cattle Dog you've ever seen hahaha. He does keep an eye out for me while I'm detecting.

In my town, it seems like the "good part of town" and the "bad part of town" have swapped locations exactly since about the 40s. Strange how that works.