Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Impact impacting on r2 ??

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Impact impacting on r2 ??
March 15, 2016 05:26PM
Not noticed the same rush to pre-order the R2 compared to the original racer, is everyone holding off for the Impact??
I didn't buy the original racer but have ordered the R2, but im hoping the Impact will be such a different beast to the R2 that I'll need it too lol
If it has minelab style multi frequency, and deus style selectable frequency at the right price point it will be on my want list!
Re: Impact impacting on r2 ??
March 15, 2016 05:48PM
I ordered the original Racer, Gold Racer and now the R2 all on the first run.
I'm not sure what I will do when the impact comes out.
My main coin hunting detector is the CTX but I will replace it in a split second if something comes out that is lighter and can ID coins at depth
like the CTX in bad ground.
Bryan
March 15, 2016 05:49PM
I disagree. I've sold more Racer 2 than Racer all of last year. Now I'm just a small timer though.
March 15, 2016 06:11PM
Just an observation but where i ordered my R2, the seller has i think 192 available and around 8 sold, thats why i wondering if the R2 is not enough of an upgrade for R1 owners in the UK and there holding out for the Impact??
March 15, 2016 07:12PM
Is that on ebay? If so those numbers can be made up.

FYI, Pro Packs are now sold out in the USA.
March 15, 2016 07:33PM
does anyone know when the impact is due out ? ( Im not on facebook.)
March 15, 2016 08:21PM
ghound
Not noticed the same rush to pre-order the R2 compared to the original racer, is everyone holding off for the Impact??
The 'original' Racer was a totally new model release and something quite different from Makro Detectors. The rush was on, and for good reason. The Racer 2, a 3rd 'Racer' series model after the very unique-in-the-industry Gold Racer, I know has definitely drawn attention from many consumers. I have three friends who ordered one immediately after they saw the official announcement by Dilek, and I know many more who have sice ordered a Racer 2 or are planning on doing so.

The Nokta Impact, a model not close to release yet has been a long-rumored model since Kellyco made a very improper mention and reference on a forum just about the time the original Racer was to be released. Dilek, the only one at Nokta and Makro to be authorized to discuss model progression and releases, has very clearly informed people on many 'Impact' discussions, that this mode is something that is in the planning and development stage, hasn't even been sent out to reviewers, and there is still more work to do on that project.

I am sure there are a few people who are awaiting some new news, but I appreciate those who realize that while it might be okay to wait a model release, it isn't all that okay to sit idly by and not be out finding good targets with new and improved or enhanced detector models. I think people should look into getting a new racer 2, or a new Nokta release, the FORS Relic, because there ARE models that have been through R&D and evaluated and finalized and put into production.

Realize, too, that from what has been shown or commented on since the photos from a show in Paris, I am sure the Nokta Impact (with whatever they finally decide on should everything work out well in R&D to the point of going into production), could very well be more detector than many average consumers could afford, or maybe to understand. No sense holding out for the unknown when a known and proven detector model is currently available and has some very functional new features and target ID reference.

ghound
I didn't buy the original racer but have ordered the R2, but im hoping the Impact will be such a different beast to the R2 that I'll need it too lol
I am certain that you will enjoy the Racer 2. It is one of my favorite detector models of all-time, and that is saying a lot! The Racer 2 and Relic are my primary two models to use, but they are supported by an excellent cast of other proven favorite models, two of which are the FORS Gold + and Gold Racer.

There is no doubt in my mind that the pending 'Impact,' if it is a finalized model to go to production, will offer some different performance and/or features than found on the Racer 2 ... or other Makro/Nokta models. There is also no doubt in my mind, seeing how the 'team' at Makro and Nokta can design a detector, that an Impact will be a model I will want to have in my personal arsenal, but that doesn't mean I am going to ignore the excellent models they are providing us today.

ghound
If it has minelab style multi frequency, and deus style selectable frequency at the right price point it will be on my want list!
I am not sure what you meant by "Minelab style," unless you were referring to the awkward feel and heavy, unbalanced design ?? I have owned several BBS and FBS models and all of them were tiring for me to use, and not very efficient when Relic Hunting the old sites I usually search where I usually deal with a dense amount of discarded trash, and the bulk of it is ferrous-based junk.

Today, the Racer 2, Gold Racer, Gold Plus and Relic models are handling all of my needs, and doing so quite well, but I am comfortable with the feeling that the 'Team' will get things right with whatever they are working on.

ghound
Just an observation but where i ordered my R2, the seller has i think 192 available and around 8 sold, thats why i wondering if the R2 is not enough of an upgrade for R1 owners in the UK and there holding out for the Impact??
Ohhh, here might be another consideration. The detector market for different locations or countries.

I kind of wish the Forums would require the poster, whether they used their own name, as I do, or some gimmicky name, would show the poster's Country by their name. That would help when answering many questions.

For example, I don't think the UK has nearly as many public schools and parks and easements and other places where many 'average' hobbyists can go out Coin Hunting on a daily basis like that have been doing for over five decades here in the USA. Some contrived do have quite a few people who get involved in Coin Hunting, and for them some adjustment functions, such as Notch Filter Discrimination on the Racer 2, can be a valuable and useable feature.

That might be one reason why there are so many Racer 2 buyers announcing their purchase on the Forums here in the USA, and other locations as well. Then, too, you might have a lot of Racer 2 buyers in the UK, but just aren't aware of it. The Racer 2 was "officially announced" by Dilek about four weeks ago and it might simply be a matter of time for there to be increased sale in many parts of the globe.

Regardless of some apparent observations, I believe the Racer 2 is selling well, and will continue to sell well. This will be especially true after more people have a chance to see it and hold it and appreciate the very improved grip angle, the vastly improved and better balanced standard 7X11 DD coil, and get to understand all the added features it offers us.

Monte
March 15, 2016 08:40PM
Certainly not doubting the sales of the R2 in the US, maybe the updated features are more desirable in the US than in the UK like notch etc?
The etrac/ctx3030 might not suit everyone, it's horses for courses, very desirble in the UK!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2016 08:45PM by ghound.
March 16, 2016 01:32AM
The racer 1 opened the door to a new machine that works great but a lot of hunters were on the fence and for those that waited the racer 2 has everything some of us wanted on the racer 1 and now have it. I will stick with the racer 1 because for me it's almost all I need and can keep up with the deus and I think is deeper. But the impact may be a game changer and give the deus a big run for the money and do some cool things we have wanted. I'm thinking if you have any racer and the impact it maybe all you need?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 16, 2016 02:09AM
I'm not one who would spend $800 for an upgraded model that might be "a little bit better" after I already spent $800 on the first model less than a year before. I've found plenty with my original Racer and the Racer 2 doesn't make it obsolete. I guess it might eek out another coin or two that I can't get with the original. If I didn't already own the Racer, I'd buy the Racer 2 in a heartbeat. And of course if I got one for free, I'd say keep 'em coming.
March 16, 2016 03:30PM
I still really am happy with the Racer1 no reason for me to get the 2

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 16, 2016 05:08PM
ghound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just an observation but where i ordered my R2, the
> seller has i think 192 available and around 8
> sold, thats why i wondering if the R2 is not
> enough of an upgrade for R1 owners in the UK and
> there holding out for the Impact??

Who is the seller if you do not mind sharing as we just started shipping to UK?
March 16, 2016 07:45PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ghound Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just an observation but where i ordered my R2,
> the
> > seller has i think 192 available and around 8
> > sold, thats why i wondering if the R2 is not
> > enough of an upgrade for R1 owners in the UK
> and
> > there holding out for the Impact??
>
>
> Who is the seller if you do not mind sharing as we
> just started shipping to UK?

Like I said, you can make up quantity available on Ebay. Sound like the person has sold 8 pre-orders.
March 16, 2016 09:48PM
It wasn't fleybay but another metal detecting auction site, though after talking to the seller today he said he had taken plenty of orders and said stock might arrive at start of next week.
March 16, 2016 10:39PM
I like my FBS ET and it serves me well as I am a coin hunter and rarely relic hunt. I have and it does well but there are others better suited. I have a RG on order for micro jewelry and if it goes well will give the R2 a shot. The weight and ergonomics of the ET is something I can't believe ML has not addressed. Seems they just don't listen and it will cost them in market share here. Just hard to beat it in the wet sand at the beaches. JR