Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

R2 vs xp deus

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
R2 vs xp deus
March 24, 2016 01:35PM
Has anyone done a comparison between the two?, i had the chance to buy a 2 week old deus lite for the same money as the R2 i had just pre ordered, but the R2 deal has now fell through so thinking about the deus again! !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2016 01:39PM by ghound.
Re: R2 vs xp deus
March 24, 2016 02:52PM
What do you want compared? I have a customer looking at a Deus and R2 Saturday and will pick one.
March 24, 2016 03:33PM
I have made videos of the deus and racer 1 and they both find the same targets when hunting I think the racer is deeper and it has better coils...Go with the racer

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 24, 2016 06:25PM
Im thinking along the lines of the information that they give on targets, the R2 at depth gives no Tid and i believe the deus may be the same, is there enough info coming back in the 2 tone audio for a dig don't dig etc?
I've loads of ground available to detect going back to the 12th century or older, much of it is virgin to a detector and what has been done has been with minelab fbs machines, so no modern parks but there's several hundred years of iron and other rubbish still to get through! so a machine with good separation and user feed back.?..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2016 07:15PM by ghound.
March 24, 2016 07:29PM
I have noticed the gain setting on the R2 is more proportional to TID depth than it is to raw detection depth. Even more so in 2 tone.
March 24, 2016 09:12PM
For me if I get a tone but no id it makes the digging more fun...so not a big deal

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 25, 2016 12:57AM
The R2 offers better I.D. at depth over the DEUS..

But for unmasking in thick iron stock coil to stock coil the nod would lean to the DEUS..

But for modern trash I like the R2 ..

YET the R2 with small DD installed can see things the DEUS cant in trash also ..No secret just common occurrence.

Yet I find the DEUS to be the best at Buttons at depth..the smaller and rounder the better it reports over the R2 to create an edge..

One thing I also see is the DEUS is a Round lover..it can decipher round in a jambalaya of iron...even small round items.. this is where the hammered coin hunters in Europe and The relic hunters after Cuff buttons in iron love it...

YET the R1 and R2 and FR like to report things in iron round for sure but also like to hit on those weird shaped items of non ferrous nature too us relic hunters love..LIke toe taps...Suspender clips...Watch keys......Carved lead.ETC..even My think Gold Pen Nib...that's tough...

If Relics in thick iron is your craving ..You'll be hard to outdo a FR with a couple extra coils.And common Knowledge of what to expect in Iron infestation concerning target interaction and behavior...Its more head to head with the DEUS in terms of flat out relic getter ..

Anyone who's dissected iron for the last 15-20 years or so and really has a Good understanding of how to get the most out of such sites will appreciate the FR over any of the other Makro/Nokta units..

Hand on Heart on that one.

I have a lot of Pride in the FR though so I am a bit I'm ashamed to say sort of Giddy over it..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 25, 2016 04:11AM
Brilliant info guys thanks.
March 25, 2016 08:52AM
detectingMO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have noticed the gain setting on the R2 is more
> proportional to TID depth than it is to raw
> detection depth. Even more so in 2 tone.

Agree, if your running a low gain setting and not getting an ID, temporarily raise it to max.

Tom