Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

N-FR in a problematic house site today..

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
N-FR in a problematic house site today..
March 30, 2016 01:27AM
Had the FR in a civil War period house site today yet it was a Problematic site..

Lots of large deep iron that Well just reads good...and lots of tind pieces..and about 4-8 inches of pine straw..

After about an hour of 2 tone ...I dropped back to the 3 tone and Presto here comes the Non ferrous !!

Anyone whos used the R1 or R2 in 3 tone and saw the unmasking your going to love this 3 tone on the FR...Its there for a reason..its there for these PROBLEMATIC sites...it changes the whole unit..Its a different process..

Its DEADLY in the ear bashing falsing sites...

The FR is a 2 tone relic monster but its also adaptable..BY DESIGN..to handle what ever you can throw at it...

I tested the 3 tone in this site during proto testing and knew it was special...

back today to work on it some more and again the 3 tone changed the site to producing non ferrous. ..

This 19khz Relic unit can handle what gets thrown at it...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: N-FR in a problematic house site today..
March 30, 2016 02:03AM
cool report , thanks

Curantly own a Mirage P.I made by sven , and a silver Umax with ground balance mode, and a Tesoro Tejon
March 30, 2016 02:03AM
Sounds like a cool machine is it really better than the racer 1? Can you make a video on undug targets and compare the unmasking of iron with two tone and three tone on the racer and then on the Fr..I have never had that problem on my machine the racer 1 with two tone.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 30, 2016 03:08AM
Its the best relic machine they Make Lawrenzo..

The reason you don't have the same type responses with your R1 is its not as High Gain as these FR...There Hot for a reason..and they may not be for everyone...Its a Pure DNA site machine

Plus 19Khz inherently runs differently than a 14Khz in iron...

its sparkier on iron as a Plus ...More unmasking can ensue if you Get the Language..

But If you can appreciate What it brings to the table in terms of SPARK and Know when and where to use each mode You will be rewarded ..

The R1 and R2 make great relic units in their own right but there not exactly dedicated relic units...There more of middle of the road that unmask well..

If you look at what's available on the open market and see what it takes to unmask in iron on a world class level then go to a FR thats where its grounded...

Everyone may not like it and some may find it overly sensitive to targets that maybe they're not interested in..BUT if you're after site dissecting for Buttons and lead even iron implements of even buckle size..and such masked by iron this is the Apex relic unit form Nokta/Makro..

I know you're sincere when you ask me to do these Videos of Live digs lawrenzo against each of the units. and I have worked on some but to be honest what I hear and what ends up on the audio of the camera is not nuanced enough to allow any sort of intelligent instruction..ends up sounding like NOISE on both units instead of a DIG me on one and a Leave me alone on another...Its that edgy stuff that the FR pulls ahead when you're DIALED into the audio...

I know on the FR I can take it to another layer in unmasking verses the R1 or R2..Yet to hear it simply on a camera audio may not justify it..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 30, 2016 03:26AM
sounds like it will be awesome!! good post. got to give one a try.
March 30, 2016 05:44AM
I was hoping mine would be here this week. I have 5 off days coming but it doesn't look like Kellyco is gonna get them in time for that. I think this is a big reminder why I never liked preordering stuff. Haha.
March 30, 2016 07:30AM
Took some time to really see what you were talking about Keith on my R1. Didn't really sink in till I came out of the mind set of finding keepers and started to really listen, take a guess then digging...be it trash or a keeper. In doing this a few time it clicked one day and I thought to myself "that's a nonF" with trash around, over or on top. Hearing of the FR and the test your doing makes me think that unit would be another step in working a trash site. Intrigued to say the least.

Daniel I wish it would come tomorrow for ya. Would have been interesting to see it in action.
March 30, 2016 11:06AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was hoping mine would be here this week. I have
> 5 off days coming but it doesn't look like Kellyco
> is gonna get them in time for that. I think this
> is a big reminder why I never liked preordering
> stuff. Haha.

2xs that - waiting for mine too

it's just not fair = while Keith's out there playing with HIS and giving all these reports on it = all we can do is sit here salivating in anticipation anxious to get our hands on one thumbs up

grinning smiley
March 30, 2016 12:15PM
Keith,

Awesome!

Now I have to go re-hunt everything in 3 tone with the Racer 2. Dang weather has turned again but I aim to get out to that "frustrating field" I spoke of in the Omega post. Thanks for the reminder to try 3 tone as I had not given it a go yet.

Tom
March 30, 2016 02:21PM
Waiting for mine too. Haven't heard a thing on when it should be here. I sent Kellyco a message to see if they know. I'm anxious but I don't mind the wait. Nokta could be tweeking things to make it even better.
March 30, 2016 03:38PM
How would the Fr do up against the Deus??

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

March 30, 2016 05:41PM
Rick, N. MI Wrote:
> Waiting for mine too. Haven't heard a thing on
> when it should be here. I sent Kellyco a message
> to see if they know. I'm anxious but I don't mind
> the wait. Nokta could be tweeking things to make
> it even better.

i just called Kellyco and got on list to get one. they said maybe by the end of the week. they had 40 unites coming and more on back order. hope i get one first shipment and dont have to wait.
March 30, 2016 07:34PM
Not all fun and games Wayne ...

I was having fun...Till it got dark then remembered I had a half mile walk to the truck...That was no biggie...But I forgot about having to cross the creek..That was biggie!!!

Well I'm leaving for my second hunt today.

Hunted most of this morning..Me and My buddy are doing a Late nighter to tonight...... 6P.M. till Whenever... LOL..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
April 01, 2016 11:56PM
Keith,
I've ordered the FR as well and have a question if you don't mind.
I have been swinging the CoRe for about a year so I am very familiar with it. Fantastic machine.
Yesterday, a friend loaned me his Technetics G2+. I watched your video of it, read the manual and off I went.
The site is a post Civil War Calvary camp and certain areas are VERY iron infested. I've been over these areas with the CoRe and a XT705 with the 18.75 DD coil and both of these machines did better in the iron than the G2+. By "better" I mean that they identified the iron as iron. Not nearly as many false positives. I was able to hunt in three tones with both machines and not get fooled nearly as often as with the G2+.
The G2+ does not have a three tone mode- just that modulated tone- and it was calling flat pieces of rusted iron "non-ferrous" in both tone and VDI#. It would give really good #s (AND tone) in the high 80s to small dime or quarter sized pieces of flat rusty iron. The CoRe would give "iffy/grunty" tones or just a one way good tone but not all around "dig me" signal/#s like the G2+ did.
My question- did it do that because of the higher frequency (same as the FR) or the lack of a true three tone audio or both or what? I'm praying that the FR in DI2 is not the same! At least it has the three tone option.
On a bright note I did score an eagle button with the G2+ as well as a few three ringers.
I hunted with gain on 95, 0 discrimination, and tone break at 40, iron volume on 3 with the G2+.
Thanks!

Dean

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2016 12:58AM by bado1.
April 02, 2016 12:58AM
Adding an extra tone won't simply change the falsing issue on the G2+..

The Problems with HF rigs like 19Khz is that they love to resonate flat iron and tin and such as Good tone...Plus the DD coils amplify this as those coil design struggle with flat iron and Tin on any Freq...So Now we have a Double edged sword..

What the 3rd tone does for ME mostly is it allows ME to just concentrate on the mid tone more.....and ignore the more rolling low/High false type reports..

Not to say I ignore the High tone but i'm more selective in my hightone hit...Tight (ROUND)hightones are always investigated for sure...

Now if you're really trying to unmask 2 tone is the way to go..But like the title of this thread "Problematic site",,it can be a godsend at times to be able to corral up the mid conductors in a site that would otherwise be almost unhuntable time to finds ratio wise..

Here's the next thing though..

adding a 3rd tone to the G2 plus but leaving the gated audio reports would not be quite the same as the 3 tone we have on the FR..its non gated and Blendy and also uses a different Process...its slightly detuned and slightly more aligned to depth is equal to I.D. depth...unlike the 2 tone where tone depth is greater than I.D. depth.. the 3 tone is in unison with the I.D. depth..

There's a lot going on on the Nok/Mak machines than meets the eye.. It just makes the finds seem easy but processes are doing the work for us..

Alper is in tune with what it takes to get results in the programming...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
April 02, 2016 01:07AM
Thanks, Keith!
Perhaps it was the gated audio on the G2 that was getting me. I like the blendy tones of the Nokta and the XT705. Seems to tell me more about the target.
Thanks for your reviews of the FR. You and I hunt the same type of sites so your reviews are very relevant to me and my type of hunting.

Dean
April 02, 2016 01:24AM
You're most welcome..

Its almost like Sound Imaging is it not??

I've often wondered if there would be someway to say tap off audio report to an imaging device of sorts..

were looking at ways to make detector better what if there was a way through processing to use the open gate audio report to paint a screen pic..

Remember those computer programs that would strobe lines and lights to music by the octave..

[www.youtube.com]

Did you see the half dollar?LOL

Not that we can make anything out of that but it shows how it Breathes with the sound..Some processing could possibly help us paint a picture from Sound to maybe some sort of definable degree..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
April 02, 2016 04:02AM
It is indeed. Our brain can certainly associate sounds with images. I'm sure it's just a matter of time (and money) before detector technology will perform as you mention.
I do a lot of prospecting with a PI detector. There have been leaps and bounds made with PI detectors in just the last couple of years. There has been talk that the GPZ will have some respectable discrimination capabilities in a near future incarnation of that unit. Something detector prospectors have been dreaming about for years. Exciting times for us diggers!

Dean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2016 04:05AM by bado1.
April 03, 2016 09:02PM
Keith does the NR have the depth of the DTVG ? how does it hit on your test targets ?
Keith....Nokta Fors Relic
April 03, 2016 09:40PM
Keith posted Anyone who used the R1 or R2 in 3 tone and saw the unmasking

Keith I have not seen this on the racer 1 as of yet I hunt in two tone and use audio of 5 on a lot of my videos I switch back and forth on 2 tone and three tone and have not seen any unmasking difference...Can you go into more detail about this? I understand the new relic machine seems to have a difference but you found this to be true on the racer 1 and 2?

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

April 04, 2016 06:55PM
Nok/Mak units of late are not ground reactive in terms of power balancing for added depth in mineralized soil..

they behave like a F75 or T2 or F19 etc...

The DTVG can be offset/power balanced and gain some slight advantage over the NokMak's for sure ..but in more neutral sols that diminishes quickly to more equal. performance..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2016 11:52PM by Keith Southern.
April 04, 2016 07:23PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Nok/Mak units of late are not ground reactive in
> terms of power balancing for added depth in
> mineralized soil..
>
> they behave like a F75 or T2 or F19 etc...
>
> The DTVG can be offset/power balanced and gain
> some slight advantage over the Nok/Mak for sure
> ..but in more neutral sols that diminishes quickly
> to more equal. performance..
>
> Keith

Thank you for that Keith here in the UK our soil is mostly neutral so the offset GB/power balance that the DTVG can do is moot i am looking forward to using the NFR on some roman villa sites and medieval market grounds.
Re: Keith....Nokta Fors Relic
April 04, 2016 07:36PM
Those targets you are showing in those Videos Lawrenzo will never be better in one mode over the other..there too good of solid hits even one machine vs another...

The type places where a person will see advantages are in tin sites and large iron sites that you are wanting to chase the small tight squeak hits,,

You have to read a site to know how to hunt it and what modes to use..

Two tone is always the most sleuthiest on sites depleted and down to small nails left..no big iron and such..Looking for those non ferrous squeakers in a sea of small machine gun blubs.

On sites that are more mixed with larger iron and tin and have quit producing Finds of things were after like coins and buttons and such the smaller stuff that's left after the buckles and large coins and brass and such has been removed.. then a 3 tone NokMak machines does quite well amongst the larger iron and AWFUL Tin..

But NO you will not see any gain on those targets like in your videos ..I can see where the 3 tone would help you on that large iron though...it would tell you its iron Vs say large good non ferrous type hit the 2 tone gives on big iron..the 3 tone will Turkey gobble that big iron for you..

Its always nice to remove big iron but I only do it on sites that WARRANT DESERVE that type removal...

Hence that why i say three tone can be a lifesaver on CERTAIN sites...when Chasing after coin sized targets in a sea of small and large iron and abundance of tin type object's..

Lawrenzo if you ever get to Atlanta Ill take you to some awesome relic spots that has seemingly to targets in them besides nails....LOL..

Oh there's stuff there but it just sounds like a seas of nail burp's.Ive been lucky enough to hunt those sites for 4 decades and have seen the GREAT stuff come out of them ...there severely depleted yet still hold wonderful objects..BUT it takes CERTAIN units and CERTAIN thought processes to get the stuff left...You have to learn top listen for say a nail false from a fat headed nail or bent nail or fence staple and a legitimate hit of a one way squeak of a non ferrous targets in a non stop burp of iron....Very Very hard to too and has taken me and Some of my closer hunting buddies years upon years to even begin to understand the ways to get these targets..

It's things we have learned out of necessity..imagine hunting hallowed ground for years and years with passion.. then the finds slowly start to dwindle then one day they are gone...BUT you still have that passion for the relics...SO you have to adapt to feed the hunger..

Our generation will be the last generation to hunt theses sites..the old timers are dead and gone,, I knew where these sites were at through them and my own research...Sites that's obliterated now.. the new guys wont touch them..they laugh..or cant even find the site and they walk through them oblivious to the reverence that should be respected to the sites bloody past. sad in away...And to be honest not many New guys around anymore..used to be a lot of newcomers to the hobby years ago but it seem to have Shifted from artifacts to Sport hunters lately I call them.Guys who want instant gratification....Id rather work On a Louisiana sharpshooter camp for 2 years and find three targets to Quench my thirst worth 5 dollars than to get instant relief off of flash money equaling 100.00 dollars a week..

That's why I'm so adamant about finding unit's to unmask Just slightly better than one other machine can make or break a site..

Use whatever works the BEST in whatever situation your in ..That's where the 3 tone/process adds a dimension to the equation makes a relic machine that's really HOT be able to COPE and Make finds in CERTAIN SITES..

Oh well I rambled on again..LOL

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2016 11:53PM by Keith Southern.
April 04, 2016 07:40PM
Wish I could be there with you Sounds Awesome Sanjuro!!!

To have those type ancient sites with constant habitation for couple thousand years would be mind blowing for me..

All the best ..Hope you find the find of a lifetime..

Please let us Know how you like the FR

Keith

-Nikola Tesla