Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Keith, X-Terra 705 depth versus latest?

Posted by james1969 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Keith, X-Terra 705 depth versus latest?
March 30, 2016 11:16PM
Keith can you give your opinion on how the X-Terra stacks up against the latest machines on depth, mostly good ground, thanks for all your posts and vids! James
Re: Keith, X-Terra 705 depth versus latest?
March 31, 2016 03:46PM
The Xterra is deeper for sure on high coins when using the 10.5 " 7.5Khz coil ..

When running on say 18.75 Khz the coils available to do exact comparison is 10.5 and 10x5 so to compare the 18.75 5x10 to say a FR on same freq and same size coil 5x10 they are about equal in punch...although the FR will airets further in the soil it's about the same..

BUT the FR against a 705 in unmasking I give the nod most surely to a FR..Coil for coil...even the 6 inch ones installed..And the 705 is no slouch in unmasking..Some People forget the 705 has a nice blend audio style...not like a NokMak or AT series But close..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 01, 2016 06:15AM
Thanks Keith, that confirms what I was thinking myself.
April 01, 2016 08:09AM
Has anyone tried new x-terra coil out that has 3 freq for the 705? wish it was available when i had mine!
April 04, 2016 01:29AM
Keith made some good points, I'll add some. I have used the X-Terra series detectors since 2005 when they came out, silly me thou, traded some of them for other so-called fantastic deep machines.
I learned thru trying them and selling/trading them back for the X-Terras that I had the perfect machines that I need, just have to have faith and listen to them closer to get the max out of them. The 705 is a great detector, with the 10.5DD coils they are by far THE deepest detector out there that I have used. I have went thru all of the FBS machines up to the Etrac, had a Safari 3 times wishing that it would be the magic wand!! Thru Fishers, 1266, 1236, F75, F75 LTD and The Gold Bug SE. Tek T2, T2 LTD and G2. Just about all of the Tesoro line and the latest was the Deep Tech Vistas. Out of all of these, the BEST in iron were the GB G2 and the Vistas. Now, I use a very early X-Terra 70 with either the 10.5DD coils or the 5x10 HF coil, which to me is just as good as any of the iron killers that I have used, you just have to dig the "Iffy" 1 & 2 way high tones, which I use all metal, 2 tones tracking on and DIG!!! I have found non-ferrous targets in holes loaded with nails, just because of the one little high tone blip. My line up now is all early X-Terras, 2 70's a 50 and the 30, which is a really good machine for just having simple features and only 1 frequency. I guess what I'm really trying to say is learn the X-Terra, It will run with all the big dogs out there!!!smileys with beer Mark
April 04, 2016 08:21AM
Mark

X-terras are an under-rated machine for sure. Had one of the first ones out and the depth surprised me on a number of occasions with the stock 9" concentric. Let it go before Minelab came out with the better accessory coils such as the 10.5 DD. Would love to try one with the 6" concentric MF coil.

Tom
April 04, 2016 01:53PM
I have a X-Terra 70 with three coils. The 10x5 HF DD is deep and has great separation abilities. I also swing the Fors CoRe and can say from experience that the CoRe is slightly deeper but in all fairness it has a slightly larger coil (11x7) that would account for this. The CoRe has a faster processor, of course, as the XT70 is over a decade old. The XT can hold its own against these newer machines. I have tried to sell/trade the XT to get a different/newer machine and end up pulling the add every time before an offer comes along. You just can't beat the XT. A friend loaned me his G2+ last week just so I could see what it was about....I'll take the XT over the G2+.

Dean