Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone try CORS NEL Detech large coils?

Posted by TabWhisperer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone try CORS NEL Detech large coils?
April 05, 2016 10:25PM
In particular the NEL Tornado, CORS Strike or Detech Ultimate. These are all roughly 13 inches in diameter. I was interested on their performance on Racer/CoRe machines and Tek Omega. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information with these machines. I think the CORS coils are new to the MD party. I wondered how they behaved in a coin hunting park setting concerning depth, trash, EMI. I know these would generally be used as a relic type coil but that is not area of interest in this case.
Re: Anyone try CORS NEL Detech large coils?
April 06, 2016 01:47AM
on the omega they give 1-2" more depth on coins but being larger they also bring in more EMI. That being said NELs better quality but detech lighter.
April 06, 2016 02:19AM
It looks like the Detechs are about 1 pound (480g + 50g for the cover) and the NEL about 1.25 pounds (560g - not sure of cover weight). I previously used a NEL Sharpshooter on an Etrac and it was a great quality coil. Not surprisingly a lot of the video reviews are Russian, Ukrainian, etc.
April 06, 2016 03:02AM
The NEL coils handle EMI better then the stock coil. Larger shielded coil wire and I heard they use some kind of better epoxy that handles EMI better then the epoxy the factory uses...no idea if that's true, but my NEL coils do run more quiet on my machines then similarly sized factory coils.
April 06, 2016 08:20AM
I have the Mars 10x13 Tiger coils for the Omega and Racer and really enjoy using them. They are light weight and well balanced for all day swinging. Separation in moderate iron is great on the Racer and it makes the Omega a depth monster. I'm thinking of getting the 13" round Mars Discovery for the T2 Classic. Reports from the UK speak very highly of it.

I got the 6x10" Sniper for the G2 and sold the Tek 5" and 5x10 coils!

No US dealer yet so still have to order them from the UK, but it is a painless process.

Tom
April 06, 2016 09:02AM
I had the detech on my etrac and it was just ok, tried to order a mars 13x10 for my racer off a supplier on ebay but none in stock, really bugs me when they advertise them as available but they have no stock!
April 06, 2016 10:51AM
Ebay is drying up on Mars Coils. The UK seller I bought from now won't ship to the US through ebay. The website "uneartheduk" seems to have the lock on Mars coil sales. Just a gut feeling but I think they pressured the seller I bought from not to sell direct.

Tom
April 06, 2016 11:26AM
Quite possibly, there is another seller on ebay doing them but I've just ordered the large racer coil instead, just too much fluffing about with some suppliers lol
April 06, 2016 02:42PM
Thanks all. I noticed the MARS coils weren't available in the US so I didn't include those initially. I ordered a NEL Tornado for my Omega V6 so we'll see how that works out. I've never really been a fan of large coils but it seems like some of these newer ones are getting positive reviews with respect to low noise and separation. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I probably won't see it until next week but i'll try to post some comments on it once I get a day out with it.