Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

fisher f19 larger coil?

Posted by vincentvangerven 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
fisher f19 larger coil?
April 08, 2016 06:59PM
Since there seems to be a good amount of people on this forum who have a good understanding of he workings of a detector, i thought i'd ask here;

Trying to get info on a NEL hunter coil, or any other larger coil that would work well with the fisher f19 for less trashy park hunting... Thing is i'm not sure if the Nel hunter is the best way to go on an f19. Looked around but most dealers don’t specifically list the hunter coil for the F19.

From a dealer (even though he makes a separate listing on his sales site for the gold bug and then the greeks);

Vincent NEL now lumps both Gold Bug and F5 coils together with the Technetics Greek series. If you purchase either coil it will come in a box with the label that states Greek and Gold bug. The pin wiring is the most important part not the slight kHz difference.

So I sent an email to NEL;

For the fisher F19, which version of the hunter coil is correct?

I do not see the F19 listed, is it the same as the fisher gold bug, or teknetics g2, the fisher f5, or the greek series?

Making sure i order the right coil..

And their answer;

'for this device not manufactured coil'

Does this 'slight' frequency difference comment made by the USA vendor make any sense? Will these coils work well or am i better of with for instance a Mars Tiger coil, or other?

Thanks guys!
Re: fisher f19 larger coil?
April 08, 2016 07:07PM
Any coil that works on a Greek should work on a GB or F19..

Even the factory coils interchange..

So not sure why the NEL would say no ..

Although I did have a NEL coil on a F19 and the memory would not work ????

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 08, 2016 07:34PM
Any nel labeled F5 Goldbug or Teknetics will work. They label T2 specifically.

All DD coils for the following are interchangeable

F11 F19 F22 F44 F5 GBP Alpha Delta Gamma Omega G2 G2+ ETP

Most people get the tornado for the F19, some even the Attack. I'm sure a hunter would work well as well.
April 08, 2016 07:51PM
so the frequency difference between a greek series and a goldbug / f19 does not matter for the Nel coil?

Asking this since the minelab x terra's can use different frequency coils but they do behave differently .

Also, since the Mars coil manufacturer does seem to make a 19 kHz specific coil;

[www.findmall.com]

Odd that the memory didn't work with he NEL coil Keith, thought that was all done / registered via the control box?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2016 07:54PM by vincentvangerven.
April 08, 2016 08:14PM
vincentvangerven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so the frequency difference between a greek series
> and a goldbug / f19 does not matter for the Nel
> coil?
>
> Asking this since the minelab x terra's can use
> different frequency coils but they do behave
> differently .
>
> Also, since the Mars coil manufacturer does seem
> to make a 19 kHz specific coil;

>
> [www.findmall.com]
>
> Odd that the memory didn't work with he NEL coil
> Keith, thought that was all done / registered via
> the control box?

That is my post on findmall. After getting a couple of the Mars coils I found that they work equally well on both machines (Omega & G2).
April 08, 2016 09:13PM
Got it thanks. So out of a technical interest in the working of these coils, minelab x terra's have different frequency coils, that behave differently;

[www.minelab.com]

So it seems (but please educate me if i'm wrong) that the computer in the control box sets the operating frequency (or frequencies), and that the coil ideally has to be paired with the computers frequency as dictated via the control box computer.

So, if anything, what is likely to happen when a higher frequency computer is paired with a lower coil?

Keith experienced that his F19 was unable to keep its memory settings, which i can live with, but wondering what the possible effects on the actual detecting performance can be?
(even though guys do not report issues with their rigs in their soil conditions)
April 09, 2016 02:06AM
Wouldn't the coil causing the unit to not function as designed be a red flag for a problem down the road?
Anytime I've used something that was off a little it has always bit me in the ass,lol

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
April 09, 2016 11:17AM
While it seems that, by design, the genuine Fisher/Teknetics coils will work on machines operating over the 8KHz to 19KHz range, it doesn't follow that aftermarket ones will do so. NEL might 'optimise' the 19KHz models for 19KHz, and the 7.8KHz version of the same coil for 7.8KHz.
April 09, 2016 03:14PM
Don't forget/overlook the 13" Ultimates for the F19 = adds a couple inches depth, is very light, and has good separation for size thumbs down
April 09, 2016 03:19PM
Also do you have enough places to use a big coil? I bought a 15" for my T2 and really have no place to use it yet.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
April 09, 2016 04:34PM
regarding size; this is why i'm thinking about the hunter, larger without getting too big for me. have a 12x10 tesoro for my lobo supertrack, which is just right for me.