Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Now that the FORS Relic is arriving to people I can suggest to you the headphone that works the best

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nice for sure..Clean Too!!

Very skilled..

I'd love a pair !

I like that its unobtrusive through the old arm strap slot..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Pm your address ill send you a pair out. Dont forget though i widened my cuff by changing the angle and opening it up. Did you happen to see the post from my coworker about the pinpointing? Its a couple posts back.
My FR jumps from pinpoint to search mode as fast or maybe even quicker than The Racer or even a F75 and such..

Not sure what you're seeing?

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Thanks Digger for the Kit,,,

Ill be on the look out !!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
The cuff that goes on the Minelab GPX machines is the perfect height BUT it wont clamp tight enough onto the control box of the Relic. I've already tried and thought I had a good fix for it but it wont clamp tight enough to hold the control box in place. It could work with a little shimming though.
I tried that Too Daniel..

Thought it would work..But NOPE..

this Kit Digger is fabricating looks like it may be the ticket..

Wish the factory would just extend them up..

I Dont think they Know how big we are here..LOL

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Keith,

With my job, I get to work with a lot of Japanese supporters that come help us train on new machines, etc. With some of them there is a huge communication gap between them and me. I talk country as cornbread and of course, English is a 2nd language to them and a lot of what I say and how I say it, doesn't come through the language barrier. Anyway, we had one of them come work with us for a few months. His name was Moto. Moto and I were talking one night about the differences in Japan and America and he still couldn't believe how big Americans were and how big everything is here. He raised up his pants leg to show me that my arm was bigger than his leg was. He was a hoot to work around and could crawl right up into the tightest of places in those machines and work on stuff....stuff that I would have to take two or three things off the machine just to be able to get to where the problem was. I'm about 6'1 and 250 pounds. Moto was about 5' 2" and maybe 100 lbs if he was soaking wet. You could always tell when he was getting into serious mode on a machine. He would spin his hat around backwards like Stallone in the movie "Over the Top" and there he'd go up inside of one of the machines.
Dirtdigger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [i18.photobucket.com]
> obile%20Uploads/20160413_142809.jpg
>
> [i18.photobucket.com]
> obile%20Uploads/20160413_142811.jpg

looks very good, I had to make my strap longer to be able to use it. them would make it much better with my large arms. good job
Keith your set has been shipped
Potomac run
How about Killer Bs ? I got a set that was very old i just got back from being rebuilt that was made when the man in Texas had them. hope they work good.
Headphone and detector compatibility is a strange mix of how we hear and, more importantly, how the detectors are designed.

A good example are the White's Pro Star and Killer B's headphones and the Nokta FORS series and Makro racer series models. For many years I used the Killer B 'Wasp' model on most detectors I owned because with my impaired hearing and the detector design, the non-limited selection provided me with a much crisper, brilliant-sounding audio response than most competitive headphones. The SunRay Pro Gold headphones, made for them by Killer B, had the same audio performance that matched the 'Wasp' version.

White's came out with their own in-house made Pro Star headphone a couple of years ago and I preferred the 'tank style' hear cup, plus the audio response is quite good. The Killer B's impedance is 150 ohm speakers and the Pro Star are made with 50 ohm speakers, but the audio quality is quite good. My Killer B 'Wasp' set was finally aging with a small crack so I had been using just the Pro Star until I acquired another set of Killer B's. Meanwhile, I also switched to using primarily the Nokta FORS CoRe and Makro Racer last year, especially the Racer for more urban Coin Hunting.

I acquired a brand new set of camo Killer B's that do not have the limiter selector switch. They sounded 'OK' on my Racer and FORS CoRe, so I set them back on the shelf in my den as back-up. I recently acquired a brand new set of Killer B 'Hornet' headphones because [1] I wanted the selector for limited or non-limited function, and [2] I also wanted the 'tank-style' ear cups for comfort.

After working with my White's Pro Star headphones, my camo Killer B's, and my Killer B 'Wasp' and 'Hornet' models, I have come to the following conclusion and headphoner assignment:

I am relying on the Pro Star headphones for 'general use' on any make or model detector, as they work well on my Racer 2 and Gold Racer, FORS series CoRe, Gold + and Relic, and Bandido II, Bandido II microMAX and Silver Sabre microMAX.

My old Killer B 'Wasp' and new 'Hornet' models both work well with all of the mentioned detector models I use, providing me the crisp, brilliant audio I like to have with my impaired hearing AND they do allow me the option of selecting and using the 'limited' feature for a non-enhanced or muffled type audio to eliminate the sharp audio blast when things get too noisy. But that only applies to the three Tesoro models and the Nokta FORS series models. The Racer series units, for whatever the reason of their circuitry design, do NOT allow the 'limiter' function to work on either my 'Wasp' or 'Hornet' models.

Therefore, my brand new Killer B 'Hornet' headphones are stored in my FORS series case with spare rods, mounting hardware, coils, and rechargeable batteries

A brand new set of Pro Star headphones are stored in a bag with my Racer series spare rods, hardware, coils and rechargeable batteries.

Those are for 'back-up' should my regular-use Pro Star or Killer B 'Wasp' headphones fail, and I know that the limiter feature only works on my Tesoro and Nokta detector models. I'll likely sell my brand new set of camo Killer B's simply because they haven't been used afield, just compare in my den or sat on the accessory shelf in my den as my Pro Star and 'Hornet' models have the tank style ear cup I prefer. I bought the 'Hornet' set to be a replacement for my Killer-B 'Wasp' which are getting worn and have been my 'back-up' headphone since the Pro Start was introduced.

If you like the ability to use the full-function Killer B as well as select the 'limiter' function, it will work fine ion the FORS series and most other detectors, but it doesn't work on the Racer series, so it depends upon which make and model detector you want to wear them with.

Monte
good read Monte, My old re done set work very good, cant bet the leather on them. i think there well over 15 years old or more.
Dirtdiggers Cuff extensions first assessment
April 16, 2016 07:59PM
Digger Got the Kit..

WOW!!!!!!

Wasn't expecting it all to be Stainless..

Installed in 2 minutes.....

Feel's awesome..No More wrist roll.No more armstrap needed...

Makes detector feel like you have more exact control over it..

Put's all the torque on you forearm instead of Wrist..

Ill run it hard Today and Tonight and report back..So far .

VERY NICE!!

VERY PROFESSIONAL!!

KUDOS!!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2016 08:08PM by Keith Southern.
Thats a sweet looking kit you got there :-D lol, and yes its 304 stainless
Oh i also sent pictures of what i did to dilek@nokta im hoping they do a permanent fix for the detectors they ship here.
Swings Awesome Now...

Not wrist fatigue...

I even let my buddy swing it and he also stated about the way it did swing from an earlier hunt...

first thing out of his mouth was man that swings good...what happened...I said taller cuffs...

He was impressed without me pointing it out...

Yes Its a Good KIt!!

I've asked a few times about a taller arm cuff...LOL...Your the man!!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla