Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

R1 OR R2 ....MINIMUM DISTANCE ??

Posted by mrb1268 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
R1 OR R2 ....MINIMUM DISTANCE ??
April 10, 2016 06:03AM
Two of the same, or one of each...how close can they hunt together without interference?.... Thanks. Michael
Re: R1 OR R2 ....MINIMUM DISTANCE ??
April 10, 2016 12:02PM
They both have frequency shift so you should be able to run 2 R1's near each other or 2 R2's or a combo of the 2
April 10, 2016 12:18PM
I have hunted where 2 racers were operating in the same site.

Not too bad,,, but remember just because you are not experiencing any obvious interference,,, some negative performance can be had-- even if you don't hear interference.

100 ft separation or more--- a person should not experience any problems as far as cross talk or negative effects.

I have hunted closer together with another Racer being operated,,,but when I was,,,, depth was not my priority, but separation was,,, and both Racers worked well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2016 12:27PM by tnsharpshooter.
April 10, 2016 02:40PM
Yeah, I'd agree with 'tnsharpshooter'

I've had them both on while testing & filming and never noticed any real interference?
But that's not to say that it might be there but not audible...

The Red Racer was really bad in the vicinity of electric fences but I was happy to witness the R2 is so much better...hardly a blip where previously a Red was 'unusable!'
April 10, 2016 03:32PM
Silent interference can be the problem

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 10, 2016 06:06PM
My son and I both enjoy using the R1 that I have now, so I was considering getting another....needed to find out more about the crosstalk, interference etc. before pursuing that route.
April 10, 2016 06:13PM
Freq shift to find quietest channel for sure..

Do this by having Disc on zero...

Below 3 on the R2 and below 10 on the R1 will allow for more gauging of EMI.

Some of the EMI is removed from the audio above those disc settings ..But is still in the circuit creating havoc..

turn one off then the other and GAUGE Normal EMI then work from there.

You can get fairly close (20ft) to each other I've noticed if you are using different size coils form each other also..with little or not detrimental loss once Freq shift is used ..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 11, 2016 12:06AM
Definitely very good info....thank you for the replies.