Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

R2 positive offset GB

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
R2 positive offset GB
April 11, 2016 08:02PM
I've an old worn half penny buried at 9-10 inch in my garden, upto now the R2 could only get it on deep mode but i tried in 2 tone today with a + gb and it got it good, anyone done any testing on this to give the best average amount of + GB???
Re: R2 positive offset GB
April 11, 2016 08:56PM
ghound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've an old worn half penny buried at 9-10 inch in
> my garden, upto now the R2 could only get it on
> deep mode but i tried in 2 tone today with a + gb
> and it got it good, anyone done any testing on
> this to give the best average amount of + GB???

how much + did you go?
April 11, 2016 08:57PM
was just going to ask the same question.
April 11, 2016 09:06PM
My ground balances out at 75, with 3-4 bar on the mineral scale, i started at factory 90gb and the coin came through clean, i need to spend a little more time experimenting to find the sweet spot!
April 11, 2016 09:11PM
Sounds good, I'll do some experimenting on it when the weather warms back up.
April 11, 2016 09:21PM
Usually higher ground balances cause the loss of sensitivity to coins like dimes quarters halves and dollars..too high and you can loose Dollars..

But higher G.B. makes it more sensitive to low conductors..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 12, 2016 12:16AM
About an hour or so I'll post a video loading to the Tube right now. Small coil, coin garden, 10" dime, 11" quarter, 8" penny, 7.5 to 8" nickel with nails above it. No GB manipulation needed. The dime gives some trouble, all the rest it blows out of the water........................
April 12, 2016 04:58AM
Jack, can you post the gb and the bars on the mineral scale for the test, im waiting for the nel attack coil to arrive and i will run a few tests with it, cheers Robert
April 14, 2016 10:11AM
If I was changing ground balance, it would be negative balance for copper & silver.
April 14, 2016 11:01AM
This thread has me puzzled, too. Setting the GB value to a 'neutral ground' 90 value would be the kind of thing that would lose you a couple of inches depth, I would think.
April 14, 2016 12:24PM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This thread has me puzzled, too. Setting the GB
> value to a 'neutral ground' 90 value would be the
> kind of thing that would lose you a couple of
> inches depth, I would think.

I believe 90 GB phase would be in areas of black sand. I have a fresh water beach that on occasion has streaks of the stuff that balance at 85-86 when hitting those.
Otherwise most areas around here GB at 79-81 on the Racer and Teknetics machines.

Tom
April 14, 2016 02:55PM
Yes, black sand is one way to get a '90' / ferrite GB - basically some iron, and relatively speaking, little mineral content, so the iron dominates, and the ground phase angle is close to zero lag. So ground with normal mineral level, and a LOT of iron, will also read '90'

Regardless, setting GB a long way from 'ideal' is not going to help detection, surely?