Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

looks like the comparison forum didnt last to long...

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
looks like the comparison forum didnt last to long...
December 28, 2010 08:04PM
Findmalls latest forum was already closed because somebody started some trouble by saying some nasty stuff. 1st time I went to go to check it out I find it closed. I wanted to just ask what some of the big differences there is between the SEpro and the Etrac in terms of speed,depth, discrimination ect. Oh well I guess I'll pose the question here now.
Thanks, Aaron
Re: looks like the comparison forum didnt last to long...
December 29, 2010 01:19PM
For information this site is the best there is.
December 29, 2010 08:31PM
I'm done with Finds. It's amazing how much that site has gone downhill.
December 29, 2010 10:38PM
Intra-brand comparisons are still ok over there on the proper brand forum but don't even think about cross-brand comparisons. While I am disappointed with the owner's decision to shut down the forum I can understand why he did it. There was a good chance he was under pressure from Garrett and I wouldn't blame them either. Of course this has to do with the efforts of one of their posters, who launched a one man campaign aimed at shutting down every post that was in any way critical of the AT Pro. A comparison forum would have been a good thing; it would have been a place where people could have a honest discussion on neutral ground, rather than on the brand forums where even minor criticisms may be viewed as an attack. Unfortunately, the owner didn't see it that way. Just makes me all the more appreciative of sites like THIS one.
December 30, 2010 04:03AM
Mike Scott did the same thing with the Fisher forum. Findmall is a mess.
December 30, 2010 04:22AM
There's two scenarios with grey in the middle:

1) A new unit comes out and there is little comparison to more established, competing units, like what you'll find on Finds. A potential buyer hesitates reading only the good but is troubled looking for a "fair and balanced" post; he never feels he's getting the straight scoop.
2) A new unit comes out and is debated in great fervor at a site, with little controls on the content or manner of presentation. A potential buyer hesitates, as he's heard too much from both sides, and leaves confused.

In either case the potential buyer keeps his money in his pocket, at least for a little while longer. So it really doesn't matter what the "rules" are except that when the responses are professional and civilized, the potential buyer is more likely to feel better and actually BUY something.

So who ultimately sets the tone for the forum? The Moderators. When the moderators do a poor job policing, or take a stand that is overly conservative, or overly supporting a group of old-timers with a particular horse to ride, the buyer smells a scam, or a skunk at the minimum, and holds onto his money. Either way everyone loses.
December 30, 2010 09:37PM
Guv said he didn't set it up, saw it and deleted it.... assumed it would devolve into a mess.... funny though, over on T-net a sub forum under the BRANDS foums is titled "head the head comparisons"... it seems to run just fine... makes you wonder huh?

Oh well.... I like it here and a few other places but I get completely lost at T-net... that place just has too many different forums for me. I get easily confused.

J
December 30, 2010 10:28PM
Seems to me some of the mods have a little power trip going on..it's human like and we see it day in and out everywhere. Would be ok with me if they could dial it back a bit and just keep the sites civilized, starting with the posters being civil. There's no excuse to be ill-natured.
Bye the way Go-Rebels, good points.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2010 10:31PM by ozzie.
December 31, 2010 07:07PM
It is a mess and was even worse when they had the other moderator..jmho