Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A Bold statement made by Makro with the R2....

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A Bold statement made by Makro with the R2....
May 05, 2016 01:03AM
Never even with my CoRe and Racer did I think in my wildest dreams it could get much better unmasking wise. The R2 has bumped it up quite a few notches. I'm still hunting, yes, same places we have hunted over 2 years. By myself mind you, it's "hunted" out, as far as most all machines go. Along comes the R2. Same old house lot's that have had probably 800 plus man hours with all types of machines and excellent detectorist running them. I visited these same places with R1 and dug some more stuff after slamming it with the CoRe, realizing then what these machines can do. I've mentioned before it's not about depth, more than we can imagine is hiding being masked by something or several things, mostly nails 1-5 inches deep. In my case modern through early 1800's stuff and trash. Not for the weak hearted trust me. Not in my wildest dreams did I think an iron audio could be hiding so much. I've dug a lot of coins that I'd bet you were not there since the R2. The tone break being adjustable also helps me being a coin hunter, just no where near as much as being able to drop that iron audio down to a slight sizzle buzz. I've dug several hundred coins +. Today dug my 20th silver that I knew was not there, with the R2! I, we don't dig that many in a year, any year, none of us, even all together. It's just been a month....... So much stuff masked and still there. A nuance I've came across that is probably 80-90% for me. I'm not moving the coil fast at all. In heavy trash/nails, 3 tone, second tone break at 79, max on audio tone, 700 khz. Middle tone at 400 khz, enough to be able to discern the machine is telling you something is there pitch difference. While swinging if you get a high tone tiny blip. While dissecting it if the TID does not climb into the mid 90's on some passes more than likely it's good metal, higher conductive coins for me. If it does get into the 90's I'm not digging coins. Just trash/iron/nails most all the time. You would be shocked at how much I have to disassemble my plugs to get at the targets there's so much metal in these places. I can't imagine them building much better of a machine but I will wait patiently because Makro/Nokta are setting a very high goal for the other companies. I'll say this, if you have an R2 and are not in the nastiest trashiest places you can hunt you just might be a fool. I'm impressed is all I can say........wild ride we are on here.
R2 Silver #20 this morning.

Total little over an hour hunt and the trash co-located with the coins. I have hunted probably 50 or more times in this one small spot these came out of.

R2 silver that has been hiding. We've ran a bunch of machines over this place...........Hiding in plain sight!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2016 01:15PM by Jack Flynn.
Re: A Bold statement made by Makro with the R2....
May 05, 2016 01:12AM
Nice going Jack thumbs down
May 05, 2016 01:34AM
That deserve's a jellied up cat head! I wonder what the impact will be like if the R2 is this good?
May 05, 2016 01:46AM
Great unmasker would have to be at the top of the list, at this point I don't think khz matters that much any more. So it seems..............
May 05, 2016 02:03AM
Nice Grouping of Silver Jack..!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 05, 2016 09:48AM
Great job of retrieving them from trash that most people give up on looking in.
May 05, 2016 01:37PM
Keep plugging away Jack,,I'm watching.
May 05, 2016 03:21PM
Jack said: I'll say this, if you have an R2 and are not in the nastiest trashiest places you can hunt you just might be a fool.

Jack, what are you inferring about those (of us) who do not have an R2? <g>

LowBoy, move over... <g>

Seriously, Jack, good digging! And this, from one who has a hard time keeping his patience in heavy trash.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
May 05, 2016 03:34PM
I wish we all carried a couple of detectors with us so when we get a hit on the Racer2 we can hear what the racer 2 hears. For some of us that hunt in iron we dig those iffy iron coin or relic tones and we find sometimes a nice find. It seems the racer2 has cleaned that up a bit. I'll have to hope the impact gives me that advantage and more. I just can't buy another racer when I also have the deus at my command. But would love to have heard both machines on that find...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 05, 2016 04:48PM
This all with the small coil Jack? Great finds - you are getting me inspired with photos like that - thanks!
May 05, 2016 04:53PM
Jack you going to Feild test the Impact?
May 05, 2016 05:54PM
You'd better quit that Jack. Remember, there are some here that want silver left in the ground for future generations and will accuse you of showboating for ego purposes. lol

Nice finds!
May 05, 2016 06:10PM
"You'd better quit that Jack. Remember, there are some here that want silver left in the ground for future generations and will accuse you of showboating for ego purposes. lol "

Very mature. Shows a lot about who you are.
May 05, 2016 06:22PM
Daniel I've always been optimistic. Told my hunting friends many times at a house lot we were fixing to hunt, "There's probably a silver in here somewhere". It's blatantly obvious that more masking than imaginable is going on. I'd have bet you the bank this stuff was not there. Let alone like when I got the CoRe from Keith what was hiding from "conventional machines" I'll call them now. I dug a lot of coins with the CoRe and then the Racer in these same places. I've had that moment many times over the last month of how in the world can this be here? It's not coincidence, it's not for a lack of not getting the coil over it. The machine has changed what you hear which to me is incredible that the iron has been blocking hearing so much good stuff. Lot's of stuff has to be, still in the ground. Hard to compete with this machine knowing just how many machines I've ran and my hunting friends have ran over these lot's. The amount of trash is just crazy. Now, back to the lot's for an afternoon dig and deep mode in a special area with the stock coil. Only 2 front yards haven't had houses pushed down and mixed into the dirt so it is nasty to most but clean to me.......................I'm interested in what deep in these places can do. I know it has to be there so we will see.
May 05, 2016 06:41PM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "You'd better quit that Jack. Remember, there are
> some here that want silver left in the ground for
> future generations and will accuse you of
> showboating for ego purposes. lol "
>
> Very mature. Shows a lot about who you are.

Ohhh that must have struck a nerve with you...I guess so, since I was referring to the posts that some made a week or so ago in the thread started by you. The statements ya'll made are there for anybody to read in black and white. Ya'll said them. Not me. But the stated facts remain that some here do not like it when people show their finds whether in video form or pictures. I believe it was you that said the following:

"There are certain people, not on this forum, but especially on other forums and on you(tube)(we know who they are), that glorify metal detecting by "showing off" rare finds, or an abundance of silver coins with videos and pictures. To me, this over-the-top, in-your-face type of showing of finds is counter-intuitive and self destructive to the hobby. I can't see any reason to post your finds like a madman, day in and day out for months and months. What does this accomplish? Who are you trying to impress?"

Here is another good quote from that thread:

"When you find that flat piece of blackened silver with all the features sanded off don't post it because there are a few of us out there that have seen them before. They just are not that exciting. Even if it is number 75 for the season."

Although you went out of your way to say "not on this forum", my reasoning is if you feel that way towards people on other forums for doing the same thing, then deep down, you probably harbor the same feeling toward people showing finds off here too. Keep in mind you were the one that said the stuff. I just referred back to it. If that "shows a lot" about who I am, then I guess you get mad at the mail man for bringing your bills too.
May 05, 2016 08:05PM
Dan, I am not mad at you, just disappointed. I thought a person of your caliber would never resort to something as low as character assassination. I posted that thread to start a healthy debate about when people abuse the internet(in regards to metal detecting in this case). I didn't go "out of my way" because I do not see anyone here posting everyday with what they found like on other forums. But that is irrelevant, I don't appreciate personal attacks and I thought you were better than that.
May 05, 2016 08:18PM
I sure don't mind folks posting their finds,,,I would like at least a small story usually to accompany,,,and any unusual or added value info they would like to share.

Trade secrets,,, I guess some believe in them,, not me.

Besides,,if Einstein, Newton, Galieo would have had trade secrets and not shared--- I figure not many of us would be metal detecting.
May 05, 2016 09:21PM
I'll stand by what I wrote on the other thread. Counting Silvers doesn't impress me. Showing me five bullets doesn't either for the record. Just not a relic kind of guy. I figure most of the posts out there were not made to impress me. I call em like I see em. Bow hunting or target shooting the same way. Don't care one bit. I have the option to skip over any post for any reason and I do that quite often. I just keep my opinions to myself and move on. If I think certain posters are just full of themselves and are being a real dick I tend to mess with them just for fun. Most of the time when it comes down to it they realize they can't bully everyone on a forum the way they do in their personal lives and eventually just fade away.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2016 09:33PM by goodmore.
May 05, 2016 09:45PM
Goodmore, when one has been around as long as you, nothing gives you movement. lol. It's like old hat. Good golly man, you crack me up.
May 05, 2016 09:48PM
Well, I guess I could make an argument for besides the loot people post about they find,,, what about which detectors they use??? How many detectors they have?? Or have owned?? Or how many hours they have hunted with a unit?? Or how many years they have hunted???

This is a metal detecting forum,,and sure I don't read every post all the time.
But where else can one get some info on metal detecting.

I wonder if all the explorer users would have kept quiet in the USA with all their silver finds,,,could things in fact be different now with Minelab???

It is great threads and posts here have titles and authors,,folks can pick and choose.

I tend not to get into a thread,, where I have nothing of value ( at least the way I see it ) to offer.
Or ask hopefully an intelligent question ( again I hope they are intelligent) .
May 05, 2016 10:04PM
Jack which search coil are you using?

tabman
May 05, 2016 10:08PM
Small 5" and the OOR. Both are superb!

Detectors used
Nokta FoRs CoRe, Makro R1, Makro R2X2, ETrac, 3030, Compadre, several others.
Obama put this country in the toilet, vote for Hilderbeast and she'll pull the handle
May 05, 2016 11:32PM
I do find this thread very interesting. I have the Racer 2. I just got the small coil for it. I also ordered the headphones today. I look forward to getting out and hitting some iron patches.
May 07, 2016 09:27AM
Jack................. And in all its splendid glory............ you are (through an epiphany) being exposed to: a reality dose of 'masking'. I am FULLY on-board with you (to the point of a sickness!)..... with your zealous excitement....... entrenched in this new age of 'discovery'.

This JUST BEGINS (and is just the beginnings) of the full validation of one of my (what may appear to be 'brash') statements: Over 95% of the targets we wish/choose to detect..... remain 'masked'. Saying the exact same thing....... but a little differently: Less than 5% of the targets we wish to find............. are dug/found. (((And truthfully: these numbers that I give......are excessively conservative.)))

It is maximum pridefully heartwarming ....... to see this forum sooooo deeply engrossed/immersed/DEEP in the iron (carpets of nails/iron)......... where "life truly resides". THEN.................... to see the Mfr's JUST STARTING to genuinely tackle this unbelievably huge (and unsuspecting) real-world problem.

Now.......................... if only to get............... even just a FEW folks..................... to "Epiphany Realize" ....... the order-of-magnitude demand for the criticallity of needing more depth.
Guys......................................................................................... It is MUCH more important than you could ever imagine. Yet; How would you EVER know what you are missing....... if you NEVER had the chance/opportunity to regularly recover targets from........ say...... the 17" depth strata.
May 07, 2016 10:31AM
Dig a few pits in a high iron long time human habitat, old house area.....Tom's words will become reality. Coins and pottery along with relics will be down there. It's hard work but if you pace your old self, it can be rewarding. Not all pits will produce. I use to pick the areas with the most iron grunts at the surface. Get an 350# earth mag and have at it. I also noticed, for some reason ( I'll leave this up to speculation) the deep 17 to 20 inch coins were in very nice shape....coincidence?
Experiencing this, yes, depth is very important to me.
May 07, 2016 07:10PM
VERY well done, Jack!!!!! Awesome finds!!!!!
May 07, 2016 08:12PM
I like to see finds, like the history and knowledge shown, i don't care if it appears showboating, almost everyone can showboat about something/skill/achievement etc etc It's life and the internet. Goodmore are you into archery? sorry to go off topic!
May 08, 2016 02:12AM
I enjoy life and having fun. I have goals I set in life; some on the serious side and some on the fun side of things. Some people just don't know how to have fun or know what fun is. This is a hobby to me and meant to be fun. When me and my buddies go hunting, we have fun. Even if we do just find 5 bullets. To you it may just be bullets but to us it means a lot more. It is saved history to us. Heck I've been on hunts where we didn't even find 5 bullets and still had fun. Like the time we thought we would be like AquaChigger and hit the creeks. There was my buddy Mike, the one person in our trio that was terrified of snakes...guess what found him and tried to climb on his detector as he tried to shoo it off...yep a little ole water snake (non poisonous) but the way he screamed and treaded water, you would have thought a Biblical event had just occured. We didn't find a single keeper relic that day but we have a story to tell that we still give ole Mike a ribbing over. Fun times.

The comradery of friends is one of the best parts of this hobby to me. The same with archery. We may go to a tournament and shoot against one another but we all are pulling for one another at the same time. If one of us has an equipment break down, we go out of our way to help get them back going again. Life is a short and fragile thing. Just like a vapor...it appears for a while and then vanishes. You had better start enjoying it. Nobody likes a grumpy ole stick in the mud that hates everything and everybody and puts everybody down all the time.

That is why I get along so well with people like Jack Flynn, Tom41, KevinB, and Rick, Michigan hunter, NcWayne, etc. They enjoy this hobby and know that others here enjoy seeing what they found. Even if it ain't some rare coin, huge gold ring with 2 caret diamond, or Custer's sword. I've hunted with a couple folks here and many more on other forums and shared a lot of memories and good times and dug some stuff with them too. I'd hunt with JUST ABOUT anybody here and loan them anything I got if their detector quit in the field. Heck I was doubled over from the kidney stone thing when Tom41 and Allen came to hunt. I could have called the thing off but wanted them to have fun. I didn't detect but about 30 mins the whole day. I let Allen have my GPX and shovel so he could dig some bullets and when I started feeling better I just videoed them having fun.
May 08, 2016 02:36AM
Nicely said Daniel. I had fun today getting out detecting.

Rick
May 08, 2016 03:46PM
I've posted this short video here before. This is what I think is masking all of these coins. The issue with a lot of machines is they see it as one intact piece of metal, I'm sure what a lot of people have seen using the Turkish machines is a lot of chatter, what they think is emi, what they think is just a chattery machine are these ferrous pieces being detected however small they are. They definitely make the machine blendy and sometimes to an extent skew the TID. However we've come far enough now for a machine/machines to break down and separate this stuff to an extent now we can see what it's hiding. I'm sure we are moving forward at a pretty good clip at a better vision of what's there. I cannot wait with the advent of the next machine to see if we push a boundary again. I do know I have the places/same exact places, to put it through it's paces. These phrases just keep coming back to mind.... You don't know what you don't know, hiding in plain sight. Now Tom you think you have a sickness with this lol. I go back to these same places day in and day out and hardly ever change my location. What is imperative here, it's not me, it's an improvement in the detecting abilities of the machines, letting the machines teach me, digging what I heard, learn from it, not teach the machine. Now here's the short video of our nemesis. Not so much the big stuff.
[youtu.be]