Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Update T2 Classic vs R2

Posted by Jackpine 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Update T2 Classic vs R2
May 06, 2016 10:46AM
Had time to get out for a bit with the T2 and Racer 2. Went to the heavily worked out site I have been hunting for 10 years will all manner of detectors. Managed to find 2 non-ferrous targets with the T2 and compared the Racer before digging. First target located with the T2 gave a full walk around signal best sweeps read 52 and on turning 65 (mostly a foil reading but occasional nickel). Racer 2 best sweeps 35-44 and upper teens on the turn. Target was a 1" square brass hinge like you would see on a small box at 3". Last target located with the T2 was a full walk around response reading in the low to mid 50's from all angles. Unfortunately the Racer 2 would never have found this target. It read mostly in the iron zone with disc at 9 and fleeting upper teens to low 20's from a perfect sweep angle. This confirmed a suspicion I have had in the back of my head with the racers ability on small odd shaped low conductors in iron. While from a perfect angle of approach it may pick them up, too many times it does not give a diggable response on the pass.

Target was a 1 1/2" long piece of wire of about 12 US Ga. Not copper but some type of alloy that is hard and strong. It was only down an inch. When turning the plug over it was a solid iron read and had to break it into pieces to get a nonferrous reading . Before I put the detectors away I did a test by sticking the wire vertically in the ground. As I suspected the T2 read it with no problem only dropping the ID a couple of points. The racer 2 read 4 - 5, solidly in the iron zone. To me this is a fail for a jack of all trades detector. Sorry to put it bluntly but this confirmed an aspect of the Racer 2's performance that I had been holding doubts about.

Both machines with stock coils. T2 disc at 18, 3 tone and max sens. Racer 2 stock coil 3 tone, iron audio at 2, tone break at 9 and sens 95.

Makro has indicatedd they may make a concentric coil for the Racer 2. I will hold out and see if they come through with one before making a final decision.
Tom

With the arrival of the R2 I had been ignoring the T2 Classic I got from Monte a while back. Today I took it out for its first real hunt and was impressed with its performance using the stock coil. Next time out there will be comparisons against the R2 on un-dug targets.

A couple early quick notes: Seems to have decent depth in iron on non-ferrous especially the higher conductive range. Stable TID and gives a good diggable response on mixed ferrous-nonferrous targets. A rivet with a rusty iron back at 7" gave a 270 degree or better walk around response and showing a fairly narrow TID range.

Settings were 3 tone, disc at 21 and max sensitivity. The audio response and sounds in iron are very similar to the R2. The high tone audio is a bit more "in your face" compared to the Racer. Not sure what the audio frequency is but it lets you know something is there.

Have not yet tried the 2+ mode that most seem to favor for relic type hunting. I'm more of a coin first, relic second type hunter.

More to follow

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2016 12:33AM by Jackpine.
Re: T2 Classic surprising performance in iron
May 06, 2016 03:37PM
I think we get better at this hobby as time goes on and newer better machines come out and work in iron. When we go back to an older machine we find it more to our liking because we had a better teacher.
I still love the dues and the racer 1

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 06, 2016 04:14PM
I have a close cousin to the T2, an F70.
When I say I have figured out a couple of ways to hunt in ridiculously dense iron infested site and be successful I mean it.
I should say shockingly successful.
One way is something that took me hours to learn and make sense of but once I did I was stunned at what I could find.
I call them blast through settings because all of them are at max possible.
Tons of jumping but I set mine to all metal and use the pinpoint button to make sure I am over an actual target and not getting high false signals from rusty iron several inches away, I look for groups of high numbers that repeat from at least 2 directions even if there are a few drops lower even to iron because many holes I open in sites like these have both non ferrous AND iron in those holes.
After much practice I finally began to notice these high number patterns and dug less and less iron as time went on.

The other method that works for me entails using disc, really low disc and monotone.
Most of the other tones seem to work but I have found 1 tone gives me the best, quickest most full response with the least EMI problems than any of the higher tone options.
When I say low disc I mean the lower the better.
I love disc on as low as 1, lately I have been even trying the way more noisier 0 disc but turn the thresh and sense to to make it less noisy.

With super low disc like this the amount if signals come hot, heavy and often but again with practice and a very slow coil movement I have trained my brain to notice those high number ranges as fleetingly quick as they might be.

The small sniper coils work best with both these techniques but I have also used a 10" concentric elliptical and a large DD coil and it still worked.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2016 04:18PM by diggwr27.
May 06, 2016 07:10PM
It's 13kHz.

When it first came out I fell in love with that gorgeous 'Scwinn bike' green!
One came my way and despite buying & selling many other detectors, I still have the T2 and don't plan on giving it up any time soon!
It's a GREAT detector and, two of the best designers on the design team are legendary, Dave Johnson and John Gardiner.
I don't know if they have collaborated on anything since?
Yeah, despite being prone to a bit of EMI and "chatter" at high sens there's not much else to complain about.

I work it in Single tone to get ' the BEST hits' off targets and then change things to hear the real tones?
Mineralised soils tend to 'skew' the audio tone/s so working in one tone helps avoid this skew factor.

Note to self: look for a few other coils for it this summer, a smaller and something else???

Des D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2016 07:14PM by Des D.
May 07, 2016 01:12AM
Des D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's 13kHz.
>
> When it first came out I fell in love with that
> gorgeous 'Scwinn bike' green!
> One came my way and despite buying & selling many
> other detectors, I still have the T2 and don't
> plan on giving it up any time soon!
> It's a GREAT detector and, two of the best
> designers on the design team are legendary, Dave
> Johnson and John Gardiner.
> I don't know if they have collaborated on anything
> since?
> Yeah, despite being prone to a bit of EMI and
> "chatter" at high sens there's not much else to
> complain about.
>
> I work it in Single tone to get ' the BEST hits'
> off targets and then change things to hear the
> real tones?
> Mineralised soils tend to 'skew' the audio tone/s
> so working in one tone helps avoid this skew
> factor.
>
> Note to self: look for a few other coils for it
> this summer, a smaller and something else???
>
> Des D

Des

I'm definitely going to get a small coil. The 6x10 Mars Sniper works well on the G2 so will probably get one of those.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
Re: Update T2 Classic vs R2
May 07, 2016 01:30AM
Tom,, do you have a pick of this piece of wire you compared the detectors on???

And also,,by chance,,how do the detectors compare,, reading this piece of wire while laying on clean ground??
May 07, 2016 03:19AM
I don't want strong alloy wire anyway. My best hunting buddy hunts with a T2, he smokes it too, very experienced with it. However he digs a lot of junk that I don't dig. And since the Turkish machines came to town it's almost unfair. He's digging and tossing it next to a tree and I'm putting it in my pouch. Hunting behind him mind you....winking smiley
May 07, 2016 09:03AM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
> I don't want strong alloy wire anyway. My best
> hunting buddy hunts with a T2, he smokes it too,
> very experienced with it. However he digs a lot of
> junk that I don't dig. And since the Turkish
> machines came to town it's almost unfair. He's
> digging and tossing it next to a tree and I'm
> putting it in my pouch. Hunting behind him mind
> you....winking smiley

Jack

It's not just the wire piece but a trend I have noticed overall on small low conductors. It leaves me wondering what else it is missing. Granted the Racer 2 gives a very nice audio report on most targets I have recovered in old beaten to death sites. However, If I go to a new site I want to be confident that the detector is producing at optimum for me. When I see another machine give better audio on off angles of approach I don't have that confidence.

I know how to hunt iron, I've been doing it successfully for years. It is what it is for me.

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2016 09:05AM by Jackpine.
May 07, 2016 09:09AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Tom,, do you have a pick of this piece of wire you
> compared the detectors on???
>
> And also,,by chance,,how do the detectors
> compare,, reading this piece of wire while laying
> on clean ground??

tnss

The wire reads as foil when passing it over the coil and laying flat on the ground.

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2016 09:10AM by Jackpine.
May 07, 2016 09:37AM
Good thread.

and

diggwr27 = VERY well said.
May 07, 2016 10:22AM
Des

I had previously only used a T2 for a few weeks shortly after they came out. Paul (old california) loaned me one to try out. At the time I had good success using it in single tone. With a slower sweep, but not a crawl, it went much deeper in iron than I had experienced with other machines at the time.

The improvement in EMI resistance is very welcome and with the disc set below iron nail reject it does not cause any wear and tear on the ears due to the iron grunts.

Tom

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2016 10:25AM by Jackpine.
May 09, 2016 11:17AM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
> I don't want strong alloy wire anyway. My best
> hunting buddy hunts with a T2, he smokes it too,
> very experienced with it. However he digs a lot of
> junk that I don't dig. And since the Turkish
> machines came to town it's almost unfair. He's
> digging and tossing it next to a tree and I'm
> putting it in my pouch. Hunting behind him mind
> you....winking smiley

Jack

I could very easily set the Racer 2 up for coins only hunting and do well. I saw on fmall how you set yours up and that is fine for you and digging high conductive coins. I'm a beep dig hunter and want all non-ferrous. I'm just not seeing the Racer 2 exceeding other fast machines. It could be just me, but to my ears the T2 has more nuance in the audio and easier to pick non-ferrous out of trash. I'm not getting that kind of nuance in the R2 audio and have to stop and investigate way to many iron falses to have any kind of luck with it. Again, what it does see it reports unmistakeably with that smooth audio tone. When working heavy iron I need a machine that talks to me in ways the R2 can't.

Tom

May 09, 2016 11:44AM
I noticed with the R1 that it will give a mixed signal on a shot shell or 22 shell it will have a mid and low tone. this can cause me to ignore the target it may be gold or something . what you are saying about those low conductors is true.

Curantly own a Mirage P.I made by sven , and a silver Umax with ground balance mode, and a Tesoro Tejon
May 09, 2016 11:59AM
GunnarMN Wrote:
> I noticed with the R1 that it will give a mixed
> signal on a shot shell or 22 shell it will have a
> mid and low tone. this can cause me to ignore the
> target it may be gold or something . what you
> are saying about those low conductors is true.

Gunnar

While adjacent target separation is not lacking on the Racer, it needs to be more confident on the actual conductivity of the target.

Tom

May 09, 2016 12:09PM
Well, a good thread.

A few thoughts here.

It certainly takes more than 1 or 2 head to head targets when comparing detectors to get I think " the real" story.

Next,,every detector has it/ own language,,for example Minelab etrac to a newby,,,will it false on iron?? You bet ya. And when first getting acquainted,,,this falsing may seem more troublesome, a headache of sorts,,,but if a person will keep at it,,they will get " an ear" for what is falsing and what is not.

Now some detectors by virtue of some things they do-- do fit some folks better than others..
I know,,,I could never in my mind understand how someone could hunt with the original models F75 units with boost using low disc and high sensitivity--- but it seems some could,,just not me.

And it has been said on this forum in many places--- some detectors see some targets better,,,and it is hard for a person to really put their finger on exactly the real reason why. And testing it seems doesn't always paint the picture of just exactly why.

And even the same detector,,using a bigger coil than small,,,would one think the bigger coil wouldn't find things the smaller coil wouldn't,, and targets not considered deep,,in and around iron and nail bits??? Some or most folks would probably say no,,,but the real true answer is yes.

I look forward to reading about more comparisons done on undug targets..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2016 12:16PM by tnsharpshooter.
May 09, 2016 12:24PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Well, a good thread.
>
> A few thoughts here.
>
> It certainly takes more than 1 or 2 head to head
> targets when comparing detectors to get I think "
> the real" story.
>
> Next,,every detector has it/ own language,,for
> example Minelab etrac to a newby,,,will it false
> on iron?? You bet ya. And when first getting
> acquainted,,,this falsing may seem more
> troublesome, a headache of sorts,,,but if a person
> will keep at it,,they will get " an ear" for what
> is falsing and what is not.
>
> Now some detectors by virtue of some things they
> do-- do fit some folks better than others..
> I know,,,I could never in my mind understand how
> someone could hunt with the original models F75
> units with boost using low disc and high
> sensitivity--- but it seems some could,,just not
> me.
>
> And it has been said on this forum in many
> places--- some detectors see some targets
> better,,,and it is hard for a person to really put
> their finger on exactly the real reason why. And
> testing it seems doesn't always paint the picture
> of just exactly why.
>
> And even the same detector,,using a bigger coil
> than small,,,would one think the bigger coil would
> find things the smaller coil wouldn't,, and
> targets not considered deep,,in and around iron
> and nail bits??? Some or most folks would probably
> say no,,,but the real true answer is yes

>
> I look forward to reading about more comparisons
> done on undug targets..

Absolutely and the Racer 2 is no exception. I hardly ever use the stock coil, I always go with the 10x13 Mars coil in situations where a small coil is not called for. I works a treat in iron on targets that are not deep.

Never had a problem with the CZ-5 and iron falseing but could not get use to the Minelab machines. Like most on here I have had experience with a broad range of machines and after 20 hours or so can tell what suits me and what doesn't. We are all different in what we hear and how we interpret.

[www.findmall.com]

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2016 12:33PM by Jackpine.
May 09, 2016 08:25PM
Tom, and others, the Teknetics T2 'Classic' is one of the better detectors that has come to market in recent years. I just happen to like a lot of what the T2 'Classic' offers in physical configuration, balance, simplicity of adjustments, functional behavior with settings I like, and generally fine in-the-field performance.

I have never really liked the 11" BiAxial search coil, I think partly due to how it looks but mainly on performance I got with it afield. I do, however, admire the T2 'Classic' with the factory 5" DD mounted and found it to provide me with a lot of very good performance in several ghost towns I hunt that are very littered, especially with iron debris. For me and my hunting style, I liked to use the 2+ Tone or 3-Tone operation, depending upon the type and volume of iron junk present.

Weaknesses for me with the T2 'Classic' was the EMI, and the Target ID read-out was much jumpier and less stable than several makes and models I liked to use, including Teknetics own Omega 8000 which was usually much more stable on TID. The T2 'Classic' would have been one model to stay in my personal detector arsenal, except ......

The Nokta FORS CoRe had a little better balance and feel, especially with the stock 7X11 DD coil, and the small 'OOR' coil, close to the size of the 5" DD from Teknetics, not only balanced well, but provided me better depth of detection, tighter Target ID read-outs, and I enjoyed the audio qualities of the FORS CoRe more. To be very honest, it was a very close decision for me to have to make and called for more side-by-side hunting time afield, but in the worst cases where target masking was the greatest challenge, the Nokta FORS CoRe edged the T2.

As has been mentioned, the audio tone, sound or quality, call it what you will, can make a lot of difference from one person to another, and while I like the T2, I favored the FORS CoRe. The audio responses conveyed more information to me with the CoRe. I liked the Makro Racer, also, but the FORS CoRe was still my #1 all-purpose detector. I also tend to favor detector-maker search coils over after-market offerings, and Nokta had a better coil selection than Teknetics, especially with their 5½X10 DD for modestly littered sites.

Fast forward to today. The Teknetics Omega 8000 was one of my favorite models in their line, and it was discontinued, being replaced with the Omega 8500 which I have heard more negatives about than positives .... from very experienced Omega users. The T2 'Classic' remains in their line with the "Limited Time Offer' low pricing, and has to be one of the better values in the industry today. The Nokta and Makro folks, however have continued to offer us some new and improved models while not dropping the Racer or CoRe.

The Nokta FORS Relic is my primary-use detector and it is complemented by the Makro Racer 2, both of which I have used afield in comparison with the Teknetics T2 'Classic,' and for me, my hearing, and my interpretations of their audio and response and recovery time, both have an 'edge' on the T2 'Classic.' They also have a better factory search coil offering. The FORS CoRe is still a great performing model to have in an arsenal, as are the FORS Gold + (which lacks a 3-Tone mode but provides excellent unmasking in 2-Tone VCO operation), and the 56 kHz Makro Gold Racer which is a 'specialty' model that still provides exceptional versatility of uses other than small Gold Nugget Hunting.

By now I felt the Fisher/Teknetics design team would have had something newer to ADD to their offerings to compete with the Nokta & Makro FORS and Racer series models, but nothing as of yet. What also appealed to me about both the Nokta and Makro detectors was a quality build, reliable performance, and their exceptional retail price point. That was also something I felt FTP did right with the T2 'Classic' model re-release.

In the end, as some have already stated, many of these really good detectors we have to choose from offer something that will sound better or appeal more to one individual than another, and for me, the FORS Relic, CoRe and Gold + plus the Makro Racer 2 and Gold Racer gained my respect and allegiance. For my uses their performance is unmatched. They have replaced all other makes and models from my personal detector arsenal for very good reason. That said, if there was no Nokta or Makro, the Teknetics T2 'Classic' would be serving most of my hunting needs, mainly with the 5" DD coil and I would be wishing for a mid-size coil to complement it.

Fortunately, for all of us, we do have a few excellent choices available and can certainly find one or two offerings that will suit the types of sites we hunt and targets we are usually after, all while dealing with the rubbish we seem to encounter.

Monte
May 09, 2016 09:36PM
Wow Monte!

While I agree with you on several points. For me and the type sites I hunt I have to disagree on several.

Monte Wrote:
> Tom, and others, the Teknetics T2 'Classic' is one
> of the better detectors that has come to market in
> recent years. I just happen to like a lot of what
> the T2 'Classic' offers in physical configuration,
> balance, simplicity of adjustments, functional
> behavior with settings I like, and generally fine
> in-the-field performance.

>
ME too!

> I have never really liked the 11" BiAxial search
> coil, I think partly due to how it looks but
> mainly on performance I got with it afield.

It's an OK coil and does a good job on separation given its size. It does look kinda funny but you get used to it.

> I do, however, admire the T2 'Classic' with the factory
> 5" DD mounted and found it to provide me with a
> lot of very good performance in several ghost
> towns I hunt that are very littered, especially
> with iron debris. For me and my hunting style, I
> liked to use the 2+ Tone or 3-Tone operation,
> depending upon the type and volume of iron junk
> present.

>
After comparing 3 tone to 1 tone on many targets, I'll never go back to multi tone. Solid lock on audio on marginal 3 tone responses. Hunting a field today was like the first time.

> Weaknesses for me with the T2 'Classic' was the
> EMI, and the Target ID read-out was much jumpier
> and less stable than several makes and models I
> liked to use, including Teknetics own Omega 8000
> which was usually much more stable on TID.

EMI has not been a problem so far, but I'm out in fields with no nearby powerlines. I did stop at a site today with powerlines overhead of where I parked but the cover crop was too tall for hunting I had to turn the sensitivity down a hair while right under them.

I find the TID very steady, especially compared to the Racer. It is nearly as good as the G2/G2+. I hunt by audio but like to look at the Target ID as well. From what I have seen the TID is in "lock step" with the audio when working in the multi tone modes even on severely compromised targets/b]

> The T2 'Classic' would have been one model to stay in my
> personal detector arsenal, except ......
>
> The Nokta FORS CoRe had a little better balance
> and feel, especially with the stock 7X11 DD coil,
> and the small 'OOR' coil, close to the size of the
> 5" DD from Teknetics, not only balanced well, but
> provided me better depth of detection, tighter
> Target ID read-outs, and I enjoyed the audio
> qualities of the FORS CoRe more. To be very
> honest, it was a very close decision for me to
> have to make and called for more side-by-side
> hunting time afield, but in the worst cases where
> target masking was the greatest challenge, the
> Nokta FORS CoRe edged the T2.

Perhaps the FORS CoRe is different than the Racer 2. Because I don't see it, not even close!
>
> As has been mentioned, the audio tone, sound or
> quality, call it what you will, can make a lot of
> difference from one person to another, and while I
> like the T2, I favored the FORS CoRe. The audio
> responses conveyed more information to me with the
> CoRe.
I liked the Makro Racer, also, but the FORS
> CoRe was still my #1 all-purpose detector. I also
> tend to favor detector-maker search coils over
> after-market offerings, and Nokta had a better
> coil selection than Teknetics, especially with
> their 5½X10 DD for modestly littered sites.

Agree with you on different tastes in audio. I wonder If I'm an "outlier" when it come to that? LOL

I'd gladly try out the CoRe if someone would be kind enough to send me one.

>
> Fast forward to today. The Teknetics Omega 8000
> was one of my favorite models in their line, and
> it was discontinued, being replaced with the Omega
> 8500 which I have heard more negatives about than
> positives .... from very experienced Omega users.
> The T2 'Classic' remains in their line with the
> "Limited Time Offer' low pricing, and has to be
> one of the better values in the industry today.
> The Nokta and Makro folks, however have continued
> to offer us some new and improved models while not
> dropping the Racer or CoRe.

The T2 Classic is a bargain basement deal at the current price
>
> The Nokta FORS Relic is my primary-use detector
> and it is complemented by the Makro Racer 2, both
> of which I have used afield in comparison with the
> Teknetics T2 'Classic,' and for me, my hearing,
> and my interpretations of their audio and response
> and recovery time, both have an 'edge' on the T2
> 'Classic.' They also have a better factory search
> coil offering. The FORS CoRe is still a great
> performing model to have in an arsenal, as are the
> FORS Gold + (which lacks a 3-Tone mode but
> provides excellent unmasking in 2-Tone VCO
> operation), and the 56 kHz Makro Gold Racer which
> is a 'specialty' model that still provides
> exceptional versatility of uses other than small
> Gold Nugget Hunting.

I used to get machines from Teknetics and Minelab to try out. Not protos but finished products. It's been a long time since then and memory fades, but they were mostly good. I did get to use the Original Green T2 for a while. Paul Ca was kind enough to loan one to me to try out.
>
> By now I felt the Fisher/Teknetics design team
> would have had something newer to ADD to their
> offerings to compete with the Nokta & Makro FORS
> and Racer series models, but nothing as of yet.
> What also appealed to me about both the Nokta and
> Makro detectors was a quality build, reliable
> performance, and their exceptional retail price
> point. That was also something I felt FTP did
> right with the T2 'Classic' model re-release.

No doubt they are sold at a good price point, but so is the "Classic"
>
> In the end, as some have already stated, many of
> these really good detectors we have to choose from
> offer something that will sound better or appeal
> more to one individual than another, and for me,
> the FORS Relic, CoRe and Gold + plus the Makro
> Racer 2 and Gold Racer gained my respect and
> allegiance. For my uses their performance is
> unmatched. They have replaced all other makes and
> models from my personal detector arsenal for very
> good reason. That said, if there was no Nokta or
> Makro, the Teknetics T2 'Classic' would be serving
> most of my hunting needs, mainly with the 5" DD
> coil and I would be wishing for a mid-size coil to
> complement it.
>
> Fortunately, for all of us, we do have a few
> excellent choices available and can certainly find
> one or two offerings that will suit the types of
> sites we hunt and targets we are usually after,
> all while dealing with the rubbish we seem to
> encounter

Amen

> Monte

Since I bought this T2 from you, It makes it very apparent how different people react to the same make and model of detector

Monte

I had a great day today out detecting and hope you did as well!

Regards
Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2016 09:39PM by Jackpine.
May 10, 2016 02:12AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Well, a good thread.
>
> A few thoughts here.
>
> It certainly takes more than 1 or 2 head to head
> targets when comparing detectors to get I think "
> the real" story.
>
> Next,,every detector has it/ own language,,for
> example Minelab etrac to a newby,,,will it false
> on iron?? You bet ya. And when first getting
> acquainted,,,this falsing may seem more
> troublesome, a headache of sorts,,,but if a person
> will keep at it,,they will get " an ear" for what
> is falsing and what is not.
>
> Now some detectors by virtue of some things they
> do-- do fit some folks better than others..
> I know,,,I could never in my mind understand how
> someone could hunt with the original models F75
> units with boost using low disc and high
> sensitivity--- but it seems some could,,just not
> me.
>
> And it has been said on this forum in many
> places--- some detectors see some targets
> better,,,and it is hard for a person to really put
> their finger on exactly the real reason why. And
> testing it seems doesn't always paint the picture
> of just exactly why.
>
> And even the same detector,,using a bigger coil
> than small,,,would one think the bigger coil
> wouldn't find things the smaller coil wouldn't,,
> and targets not considered deep,,in and around
> iron and nail bits??? Some or most folks would
> probably say no,,,but the real true answer is
> yes.
>
> I look forward to reading about more comparisons
> done on undug targets..

tnss

There won't be any more comparisons from me. As of tomorrow the Racer will be gone.

Best of luck on your hunts

Tom