Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F19 vs. Tek G2+ performance

Posted by mtntop12k 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F19 vs. Tek G2+ performance
May 20, 2016 01:15AM
Im looking to purchase either the F19 or the G2+.. I cannot find much info which compares the two. Any info from the experienced people on this site would be greatly apprecieated
Has anyone done any comparisons as far as performance in the field. I know the f19 had a recall do to depth issues..Any recall on the G2+ .. Kellyco sales guy said the G2+ had updated software
to handle interference.. He didnt seem to informed on the two units. I be hunting gold areas , dredge tailings , miner towns, camps in Colo.
Re: Fisher F19 vs. Tek G2+ performance
May 20, 2016 02:04AM
Excellent units for gold and or relics and Je..

There's not 1 bit of difference between the 2...both use the same board..

I have both and I prefer the f19 I can remove housing from pole on F19 if need be..

The F19 comes stock with 5x10...the G2+ has 7x11..G2+ uses pistol grip and F19 S-Pole..

I also like the 5x10 as the do it all coil..

the 5x10 loves injuns in nails like no other..

the 7/14 serial numbers had some issues the 8/14 on was already solved..ask for airtest on a 7/14 if its that number...if it does like 6-7 inches on a nickle its not repaired...All the recalled or built to spec ones I've handled will do 11 inches or more on a Nickle with 5x10..

A bad F19 is clearly bad by the anemic depth..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2016 02:15AM by Keith Southern.
May 20, 2016 02:11AM
F19 is better more sensitive. I was a tester for the G2 when it came out. But I like the racer 1 over both I tested the racer and the F19 and the same size 5x10 coil. The racer saw more and had better depth put on the 5" coil and even better and deeper

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 20, 2016 05:05AM
Solid advice from Keith! Make sure you get a good one; i was lucky enough to briefly own one of the 07/14 units.

As it turned out i was the 4th owner, seems everybody wanted to get rid of it in a hurry... Contaced Fisher, first they told me there never was a recall, then when i checked in again they said they caught all the units before they went to customers. When i showed them various forum posts where people confirmed they actually received bad units they told me to 'send it in and we'll look at it', and left it unclear who was going to cover the costs.

I'm sure they're good units when they're working the way they should, but it's 'once bitten, twice shy' for me i guess..
May 20, 2016 05:48AM
Vincent I believe if I were you I'd buy new from now on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2016 06:28AM by 88junior.
May 20, 2016 08:15AM
Lowboy,

I thought the G2+ and F19 were identical electronically.
I am surprised that you found the F19 more sensitive.
What did you notice on the G2+, less depth or stability?

-Don
May 20, 2016 12:40PM
vincentvangerven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Solid advice from Keith! Make sure you get a good
> one; i was lucky enough to briefly own one of the
> 07/14 units.
>
> As it turned out i was the 4th owner, seems
> everybody wanted to get rid of it in a hurry...
> Contaced Fisher, first they told me there never
> was a recall, then when i checked in again they
> said they caught all the units before they went to
> customers. When i showed them various forum posts
> where people confirmed they actually received bad
> units they told me to 'send it in and we'll look
> at it', and left it unclear who was going to cover
> the costs.
>
> I'm sure they're good units when they're working
> the way they should, but it's 'once bitten, twice
> shy' for me i guess..

This is Why I can never really trust FT---took them 3 years to decide the on/off mode for DST on the F75--and half the owners don't agree with them now.
May 20, 2016 01:12PM
I understiod Lorenzo to saynhe was a tester for the G2 - not the G2+ .... The G2+ is the same board as the F19.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
May 20, 2016 02:45PM
I have spent the last 5 years almost exclusively using the G2, G2+ and F19. I was a tester for the G2+, I had bought an F19 just a month before I received the test unit from First Texas, so I was able to head to head them against actual in ground targets...no difference in performance. I also head to headed them against the original G2....VERY slight depth increase in G2+ and F19 by setting disc at zero and then setting tone break where I wanted it. Actually prefer the audio of original G2 over the G2+ and F19...original to me has a more mellow less digital sound. Having said this...I will reiterate what I have stated on this and other forums many times....in 35+ years of detecting, the G2 has been the machine that absolutely works the best for me for relic hunting. Have pulled now 2 Enfield bullets from one site (mild ground) from measured 14" with Ultimate coil used. Great depth...zero noise. Fairly EMI proof too. Electric fences usually biggest problem. Bill
May 20, 2016 03:36PM
It was the G2 plus and it was before it came out..how many years for me to remember that. The F19 I believe had more adjustments and was more like my racer then the g2+. More sparkey on targets better audio on the F19. But the funny thing is when I had the racer set at a sens of say fifty and the 19 on the same power, the 19 lost targets they became broken up. And would miss the same target. So in heavy iron I would lower the racer sens and not lose any depth but the 19 would not give a repeatable tone if I lowered the power on it. If I kept the racer at 50 it would hunt better and I could hear the targets better and had better separation. On the 19 if I had the power turned higher it became so noisy that it was hard to hear the good targets.. It may be just the way the dirt is in the Gold Country

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 20, 2016 03:44PM
I passed on the offer of testing a new G2+ as I felt it was so like the F19 which, I liked to a certain extent.
But I wasn't interested in trying to pen a whole new test report that would / might have been very close to my findings with the F19.
I've also passed on a few NokMak tests for the same reasons.
I also put a video of a short few finds with the F19 on YouTube back in 2014:
May 20, 2016 04:39PM
I passed on the F19 and kept using my G2 with 5x10 till the G2+ finally was released.
Surprised it took so long but definitely worth it (one word, ergos) as I sold the G2 and immediately put
the 5x10 on the G2+. I really enjoy using it and the improvements are great, with the nvram making
it a simple 'turn on and go' machine and the iron audio greatly improving its manners.
I work the surface targets with it and then use my R2 to get deeper and really enjoy the completely different experience using it.
These 2 complement each other very well. Also, I use the 5x10 on the R2 primarily, perfect coil size.

I won't buy a detector from now on unless it has iron audio....VLF is dead, long live VLF.....
May 20, 2016 04:58PM
sekypaleo Wrote:
> I have spent the last 5 years almost exclusively
> using the G2, G2+ and F19. I was a tester for the
> G2+, I had bought an F19 just a month before I
> received the test unit from First Texas, so I was
> able to head to head them against actual in ground
> targets...no difference in performance. I also
> head to headed them against the original
> G2....VERY slight depth increase in G2+ and F19 by
> setting disc at zero and then setting tone break
> where I wanted it. Actually prefer the audio of
> original G2 over the G2+ and F19...original to me
> has a more mellow less digital sound. Having said
> this...I will reiterate what I have stated on this
> and other forums many times....in 35+ years of
> detecting, the G2 has been the machine that
> absolutely works the best for me for relic
> hunting. Have pulled now 2 Enfield bullets from
> one site (mild ground) from measured 14" with
> Ultimate coil used. Great depth...zero noise.
> Fairly EMI proof too. Electric fences usually
> biggest problem. Bill

Do you feel the small 5" rnd coil is worth having in the pack { is the performance of the 5" rnd similar to the 5x10 } does the 5" have its place or specialty, or would that money be better spent on the ultimate coil .
May 20, 2016 05:55PM
It depends on your hunting conditions, ie: iron infested or clean open areas and mineralization. I am usually skeptical of the huge depth increases often claimed by large aftermarket coils, but myself and friends I hunt with who are also avid G2 users support the fact that the Ultimate coil is a game changer on the G2 ( a friend also uses a NEL Attack....heavy coils!). In mild soil the G2 can get .58 cal minie balls at 9-10" max...with Ultimate I am digging them routinely at 11 -12" and as mentioned have got two Enfields at 14". If you are hunting in fairly clean open areas with low mineralization and want depth...go Ultimate. If you are hunting iron infested areas, my recommendation would be the NEL Sharpshooter...depth at or near the stock 11", separation like the 5". I had the 5"..didnt impress me..depth will be very limited. I actually use a Racer with O0r coil for nail bed sites. Open pastures/fields - Ultimate, woods - stock 11", dense iron/trash - NEL Sharpshooter. BTW...you will be surprised how well the stock 11" separates in iron. Bill
May 20, 2016 06:32PM
sekypaleo Wrote:
> It depends on your hunting conditions, ie: iron
> infested or clean open areas and mineralization. I
> am usually skeptical of the huge depth increases
> often claimed by large aftermarket coils, but
> myself and friends I hunt with who are also avid
> G2 users support the fact that the Ultimate coil
> is a game changer on the G2 ( a friend also uses a
> NEL Attack....heavy coils!). In mild soil the G2
> can get .58 cal minie balls at 9-10" max...with
> Ultimate I am digging them routinely at 11 -12"
> and as mentioned have got two Enfields at 14". If
> you are hunting in fairly clean open areas with
> low mineralization and want depth...go Ultimate.
> If you are hunting iron infested areas, my
> recommendation would be the NEL
> Sharpshooter...depth at or near the stock 11",
> separation like the 5". I had the 5"..didnt
> impress me..depth will be very limited. I actually
> use a Racer with O0r coil for nail bed sites.
> Open pastures/fields - Ultimate, woods - stock
> 11", dense iron/trash - NEL Sharpshooter.
> BTW...you will be surprised how well the stock 11"
> separates in iron. Bill

Bill------How do you feel the FT 5X10" DD versus the NEL Sharpshooter does? Pros & cons)?-------------Del
May 20, 2016 07:19PM
I agree with sekypaleo on the 5" coil for G2 machines...not good depth. I have the ultimate on my G2 as well, and used it in all open spaces unless heavy heavy targets.
May 20, 2016 09:09PM
I too like the Ultimate for the 19khz FTP units..

very dep and sensitive still to coin sizes..

Yet I still prefer the 5x10 FTP coil to the Sharpshooter...the sharpshooter was deeper but seemed to not be quite as Tight as the FTP 5x10..

the FTP 5x10 is to me on the the 19khz FTP units as good at separating and maybe a tad bit better than the 5 inch round..Plus its solid for brush work to boot..

But the main thing I notice and I'm sure others too is the 19Khz FTP units are the brands top site machine...Its the one to for sure keep massaging on winking smiley

Very Very good unit...

I do like the F19 the best of all the incarnations to date...I feel its deeper and tighter..and with on/off audio the tighter we can get the better we unlock..

The 2.9er was my favorite till the F19...and then it took me awhile to see it...the 2.9er was AWESOME even in its unfinished state feel..

This has turned in too good thread it so seems!! Kudos fellas!! Good thought process!

Keith

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 20, 2016 11:50PM
88junior Wrote:
> Vincent I believe if I were you I'd buy new from
> now on.

Nah, not worried about buying used, and not afraid to take some risk.

3 out of 4 detectors i have were bought used (Tejon, Explorer2 and Lobo Super Track) & Got 2x brand new ones on their way now (Bulgarian machines)

With those i'm taking some risk, since there's not much info onthem yet.

But the lesson learned is that in the future i will research recalls etc. better, to try to minimalize the risk of buying something that has a factory defect and is out of warranty sad smiley
May 21, 2016 03:54AM
Hey Guys, thanks for sum great insight. Im goin with the F19 and 5x10 coil. Who makes the Ultimate coil and is there a specific part no. for the f19,and whos got the best price?
Maybe you guys could give a few starter programs to get me goin. I will be hunting a 1880"s miner town ,interested in the old church its just partial foundation now,
so im sure lots of nails and metal debris,with some high mineral soil, but lookin for coins jewlry. Weel that mtn town will still be buried in snow so i will practice
on a late 1800's rowe house down in the city. im sure this building has not been detected before so hopefully it will have a few good finds
So im in need of a good coin program
May 21, 2016 06:57PM
Detech makes the Ultimate coil and as far as I know unless you buy on eBay, Kellyco is the only seller in the United States....they are listed at $179.95 if you call them just tell them it's for an F19...it will be the coil for the Teknetics Greek series, the T2 Ultimate will not work on your F19.
May 21, 2016 06:59PM
I have the G2+ and use the settings SCdigger on YouTube uses for relics....he has an F19 settings video too which is identical to the G2+ settings...works great for relics and also coins.
May 21, 2016 07:11PM
Spaceport Wrote:
> I have the G2+ and use the settings SCdigger on
> YouTube uses for relics....he has an F19 settings
> video too which is identical to the G2+
> settings...works great for relics and also coins.

Can you post up a link to this?
May 21, 2016 09:49PM
May 22, 2016 12:52AM
Thank you