Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fors Relic Killin it in The Iron Sites grinning smiley

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fors Relic Killin it in The Iron Sites grinning smiley
May 29, 2016 09:55PM
Hey all,

got out for a nice little 3 hr or so hunt today in one of the last fields I could find not planted and that I've been saving for a day like this.

I took the CTX out to scout it out last week just to see if I could actually find the site/if it was there or not. Didn't have any time to hunt it then but it turns out she is/was there and full of iron, glass, pottery, etc so I took the FR back today to see what I could find thumbs down

I think I found a cabin site or at least one was there and then something else later on but according to a few of the finds = it's definitely older than the oldest map I have/that it shows on!

I'm really likin this FR in 2 tone now = took a few hunts to get it down but it's proving itself out there in the iron field/s for sure thumbs down

Worth mention:
Nice OLD (1800 - 1820s?) flat button (see makers mark)
Another (3rd) Hard Times Token this year so far and the best cond. one I've ever found (soil is sandy at this site so everything comes out nice)!
Lantern part
musket/lead ball/s
Porcelain Doll arm!?
Tiny toe tap
Rivet
etc

HH all,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's All 3 of the hard times tokens I've found just this spring season!

Re: Fors Relic Killin it in The Iron Sites grinning smiley
May 29, 2016 10:25PM
Killer tokens...congratz
May 29, 2016 10:33PM
Hey Wayne-----That's some really neat finds!------Question my friend----You've run the F-19 (or G2+) up there in your neck of the woods.-----How do you think they compare to the Relic (separation, depth, tonal response, etc.---performance in general)?-----F-19/G2+ versus Relic?-------------Del
May 29, 2016 11:18PM
good days digging !!!
May 29, 2016 11:27PM
Glad you're havin' fun! Really like the token(s). Times were so bad down here (if you were't a planter, that is) that we didn't even have tokens <g>.

Re your token: [www.abccoinsandtokens.com]

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
May 30, 2016 12:11AM
Well that's a good day.....awesome token. The dolls arm is interestingly creepy.
May 30, 2016 03:15AM
Nice finds. That token is incredible.

Rick
May 30, 2016 03:42AM
Nice job! Great finds.
I'm killing it with the Relic as well. Just had two great days. Keep up the great finds!

Dean
May 30, 2016 09:27AM
Congrats on the token, old button and your research in finding that site. All good!

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
May 30, 2016 10:13AM
Terrific results on that hunt, to be sure! I'm enjoying the Relic more and more each outing I make, and the trash demands the 5½" DD coil a good 85-90% of the time. I don't have (or want) a CTX 3030 because of most search locations, but the Relic's performance is the absolute best of any of the ± 19kHz detectors I have ever used, (to include the Tesoro Lobo @ 20 kHz and Lobo Super-TRAQ @ 17.8 kHz, XP Gold MAXX @ 18 kHz, Garrett AT Gold @ 18 kHz, Fisher F-19 @ 19 kHz, and Teknetics G2 @ 19 kHz.).

I'm sure your results afield will continue with the FORS Relic so best of success to you.

Monte

(PS: The above list of 'other' makes and models is listed in the declining order of performance they gave me in field performance in iron infested sites.)
May 30, 2016 12:42PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Wayne-----That's some really neat
> finds!------Question my friend----You've run the
> F-19 (or G2+) up there in your neck of the
> woods.-----How do you think they compare to the
> Relic (separation, depth, tonal response,
> etc.---performance in general)?-----F-19/G2+
> versus Relic?-------------Del

Thanks Del,

what can I say about the comparison between the F19/G2+ VS the FR that hasn't already been stated here by Keith and a few others who've owned/used both?

I am a big fan of the F19 (kept one around for about 2 yrs) and had both 5x10 DD and 13" Ultimate coils for it and if I had limitless $$ I'd still have one but I have to rotate (buy/sell/trade) in order to keep trying/testing new machines as they come to market.

The difference in depth (in my relatively mild soil) is moderately noticeable with the edge going to the FR (stock coil vs stock coil) although the F19 w/the 13" Ultimate pulls stuff from impressive depths (I've dug Largies at a foot deep) with the 13" ultimate/F19 combo in clean/er ground but for the size of the coil = it does have good separation abilities.

Separation for machine VS machine is where you'll see one of the biggest differences (especially w/the 5" coil installed on the FR) and I believe this is not only because of the small coil but in how the audio works on one machine VS the other. The F19 has that "on/off" or start/stop type audio where the machine has to take a snapshot and report back to you VS the FR having a rolling type audio allowing continuous audio flow as the coil passes over targets co-located and not shut off/on or start/stop which in turn allows for better target separation in/among trash/iron. Also - the FR can be used as a 2 tone or 3 tone machine depending on mode chosen where the F19 is 2 tone only and so this can be an advantage in certain sites littered with certain types of trash targets/etc.

Gain adjustment in the ability to push the FR to run hot is another feature that sets it apart from the F19... You can turn the F19 up all the way and that's it = it runs as smooth as anything and you can't get anymore power out of it but the FR allows you to push it to the limits and run as hot as you wish/can handle.

My personal view on the 2 overall is this,

the F19 is a fun little machine to use, it's light, easy to use, works good in trash/iron, and is the sort of machine I like to keep in the back of the truck for scouting and quick hunts when time is limited as it's performance is good all around in most any site you may encounter

the FR is a more dissecting site type machine = more suited for going into a heavily hunted and heavy iron type site where you plan to try and pull the last of the good from an endless sea of iron that has been hunted hard and where you have the time to do such (even though it doesn't have to be this type of site) and will work on any/all that the F19 will but if you're trying to pull stuff hiding in nasty iron that only a couple machines on the current market can do = then that's where this machine comes into play as its separation abilities are second to none IMO

I think Keith has a few Monty nail board test showing the F19, Racer, FR, etc. and the F19 doesn't pass the infamous "down the barrel" test while the FR did/does... That says more than I can put into words and was enough to sell me on the unit (but at the same time) I had the FG+ before the FR so I already knew what to expect in performance - it was the added features on the FR that I had to have vs what the FG+ offers and so I sold that unit too.

Hope this helps some Del and maybe Keith will chime in with more info to add/better answer your questions

HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2016 12:45PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
May 30, 2016 01:49PM
Wayne-----Good job of explaining/reporting on those machines as you see it.----Thanks for taking the time to do it--I really appreciate it.-----------Del
May 30, 2016 05:45PM
Perfect explanation of the Relic and it's capabilities. I like how you explained the "rolling audio" vs. the snap shot audio. The rolling audio isn't for everybody, it would seem, as evidenced by previous frustrated Relic users. To each his own. It's great to have the choices that we do. I am amazed how this machine pulls non-ferrous from absolutely iron infested places. It's not magic. You have to put in the time to learn it. I really like how "edgy" this machine is. I'd like to know how it compares to the Deus in that regard.

I have a spot that is extremely difficult to hunt due to all of the iron and haven't been able to really give it a good shot. Now that I have the Relic, I think I will be able to open this place up with out going insane. O.K., more insane.

Anyway, thanks for the great explanation, Wayne.

Dean

P.S.- Just occurred to me- I haven't used the Relic in quiet ground. I will have to take it to a park just to see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2016 06:19PM by bado1.
May 30, 2016 06:30PM
Another Nice Token Wayne Congrats!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 31, 2016 03:20AM
Thanks for all the comments/questions/etc

Monte
Kieth
ozz man
Del
bado1
Tom
ncwayne
hombre
Rick
potomac run

I appreciate all the feedback & adda boys/etc thumbs down

I sure do love finding/diggin those old tokens but just as much = any really old buttons are just as welcome (especially the last couple I've dug) including the one above and the Block "A" button last week thumbs down

Unfortunately though, the season for dirt diggin in the fields up here is now over until fall harvest so my fun in that arena is over for a good 4.5 months (till October) and it's now time to get the water machine out/ready for beach & water huntin in search of gold jewelry (and whatever else I can find people drop in the water/on the beach)... and maybe get a few street tear outs and/or empty lot digs in now and then until the fields open back up.

From this point my post will be a little more slim (fewer/farther in between) and most will be with either the CTX and/or my water huntin unit (90s model Whites surfmaster II) that Keith modded for me a few yrs back

till then HH and good luck out in the field with your own adventures!