Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Used Detector Sales?economy has been bad for a few years,But didn't seem to effect it like now. I guess good for buyers. Just curious.

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I was wondering why used Detectors are not selling as well as previous years?
The economy has been bad for a few years so not that. Good for the buyers though. Just curious?
Sorry for the long heading having a phone issue.
I think we tried them all.grinning smiley Waiting on the next got to have unit.
No more left to try --tried 'em all!!!!-------You & me Harold----we waitin on the Etrac 2 to come out!!!-----We be buyin that 'un (new OR used)---huh, huh???------A guy can dream, can't he?eye popping smiley
Well, I see some higher prices being paid on ebay for used detectors than the past few years.
What's up with Tesoros? Used prices way up except for the newest models.
Kind of like used cars, new car prices go up, people can't afford them they buy used, now those cars are in demand, so the prices go up. Puts many who buy only used with a limited budget
out of the buyers circle of higher end units.
No real bargoons unless some one is desperate to sell, to fund a new detector purchase. Then those bargoons get snapped up fast and lots of times turned for some fast profit by the buyer.

Most guys have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome), one is not enough and you have the need to buy all the accessories................

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
Harold, If you'd buy better detectors to start with, they'd have better resale value. What did you expect to get from your King Detector? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2016 02:23PM by Tom Slick.
Perhaps the used market is saturated.
Only so many hobbyists and a ton of detectors.
Seen them starting to show up in pawn shops at bargain prices.

Bought a White's XLT in very nice condition with an extra D2 coil.
The D2 coil did not work with the XLT but the pawn shop did not know that.
Price for both? .... $275.

I have tried to sell a really nice Fisher F-75 LTD special edition (black) with extra 5" coil and cant even get $550 for it.
I will keep it before I give it away for less than that.
And the way things are going it will be in my garage sale when I kick off.

E-Trac 2 ... would that be the CTX-3030?
Used market is pretty saturated,,,you see quite a few detectors, for sale,,,and the seller lists,,,,detector hasn't been used long or much,,,and you can tell even with some models,, with their release dates---- that this is true.

What don't you see many of for sale???
GPX detectors

And I'll bet if Minelab would extend their warranty to a 5 year period,, you wouldn't see near as many etracs and CTXs up for sale used.
We want the new stuff because it they should dig better in iron and iron is what traps us up

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
What evidence do you have of slow sales?
This depends on the detector, where you live, and where you search. Just as an example...

Right now I am seeing the excalibur sell on ebay for almost $1000 used on ebay. i watched one that was beat to death and needed repair go for $850 a few weeks ago. On that same note, the CTX is dropping like crazy. I have seen them going for $1200-$1300 on the low end with the newer 2016 model going for like $1700-$1800. So it all depends on the detector, the season, etc. A few months ago I saw a few excals go for $650-$750 but recently its way up.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
Diggers show
sekypaleo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Diggers show

Did this show get dropped?