Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

White's Electronics Video Ideas

Posted by tboykin 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: White's Electronics Video Ideas
July 22, 2016 03:22PM
tboykin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GreenMeanie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Personally I liked the series TREASURE HUNTING
> > AMERICA I would stay with that format.
>
> Got it. So more serious/respectful vs. silly.
> Right now I'm trying to push our channel in that
> direction. The first videos we made were over the
> top to try and get a buzz going, which worked, but
> also po'd some people. For better or worse that
> (and the banana) is solidly on my shoulders. I
> don't think we'll be going that route in the
> future. But I don't regret the experiment in
> comedy - if you don't try you never fail.
>
> If you had to peg what you want to one word ---
> "GENUINE"
>
> Is that what you're saying?

I'll put it to you short and sweet, look up AquaChigger and also thiltzy1 on youtube............
July 22, 2016 03:23PM
If this from Whites then you now need to make a new flagship detector and maybe spend more time on that than making videos

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 22, 2016 03:40PM
LowBoy....you need to think outside the box (Deus & Racer) once in a while. Have you tried the MX5 with the 5.3 Eclipse coil? It is extremely good at working in the iron....
July 22, 2016 03:42PM
Yep,... Real Tectors,... Real Finds,... Real People.
Costs a little more than Banana smoothies :-)

Don't run comparison videos,... they are so Boring,... and then the Brand Wars start,.... phew!

After the dust has settled on the MX Splash,... Have at It!!

tboykin Wrote:
> GreenMeanie Wrote:
> -----
>
>
> "GENUINE"
>

HH
Johnb
July 22, 2016 11:32PM
Hard to Explain but after watching videos like Treasure Hunting America you want to get out there and Metal Detect. After watching Diggers I don't want to be seen Metal Detecting LOL.

What got me into the hobby was a TV show I caught back in the day and there was this Older Lady detecting the beach and she saved all her finds. She actually had a room filled with them with coins in buckets and when I seen that I told my wife I want to try that someday and I did and even thou sometimes I take a break from it I always come back.
July 23, 2016 02:19AM
Hombre I use to be a whites dealer and played with all of them and used them till I took the flagship to Carolina and was out hunted by a couple of fishers. Bought a fisher the next day and found a large cent form 1800. I think the whites are best at parks maybe but I live in the Gold Country Of Calif the MX5 didn't cut it for me. My finds went way up like crazy with the racer and deus and I'm willing to try any detector but I'm done with whites. Sorry

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 23, 2016 02:41AM
Low Boy I watched as a friend of mine swung over a surface quarter on edge with his XP douche and missed it ! not a sound...lol
July 23, 2016 07:28AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Mr Boykin,,
>
> Something else here to add.
>
> I saw this practice actually being executed here
> by NASA Tom the host here,,,,he was allowing a
> manufacturers (one detector) to be piggy back
> tested and used by several folks.
>
> Doing this with a prerelease detector,,,might help
> with shaking out possible problems early on---
> since this one detector it would seem would accrue
> many hours of use and possibly be operated in
> different terrains (environments).
>
> The what I call piggy back testers,,,could as they
> are using keep someone in the company informed as
> to any concerns or problems, or recommendations.
>
> This would be a separate from maybe formal tester
> scenario.
>
> Cheers.

Because of that, I too have been piggy backing units here in NZ as we do NOT have the stores like they do in the USA where you can go in and try different brands and models - I have used my own money and gear in this manner to primarily promote equipment & the hobby in general. - Support is very important for foreign buyers & I am positive this mess that White's have put themselves in is a fine example of NOT doing their homework - Only now, have they worked out where to get their valuable feedback on equipment which amazes me even more - In fact it proves to me that the current management trying to sort out this mess obviously has little to no involvement in the hobby on a personal level as they have no idea how to access the right people to assist them with product testing -

Units can be fixed however the only way to fix incompetence is to replace them -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 23, 2016 08:01AM
tboykin Wrote:
> GreenMeanie Wrote:
> -----
>
>
> "GENUINE"
>

I am sorry but don't you have any qualifications/experience in Marketing?

Are you a passionate/addicted hobbyist yourself? - How many years have you been detecting etc? - What detectors have you used? etc

I for the life of me cannot understand why you are even trying to take in the most basic marketing 101 steps, when it was these skills you should have had before starting your short career with White's - Where does one get their reliable feedback from & who could we call upon to beta test our new products? - I mean come on man, are you that incompetent? -

AS pointed out on many posts on different threads - You are too busy sitting in your boys club swatting people that come into your forums and when it gets all too hard for you guys you simply lock the threads - I would not worry about getting the guys here to teach you how to do your job but more, encourage you to do the right thing & let someone else who can market White's products with pride do the job. Also, be at least humble enough to act upon the feedback presented to you at the time, instead of concentrating on how to run away each time -

Personally you need to recall/refund your clients faulty MXS's - Apologize publicly & then and only then, request the help from the people you should have been using from the very beginning - Your hysterical off-sider mentioned to a good member here, something about the Turkish language. Cheap shot as it was, maybe funny guy has a point as the Turks seem to know how to fix their screw ups (coil ears) and they also identified who would be better suited to beta test their products - A foreign company whooping your butt on so many levels.

Maybe, just maybe, you can show us the talent that got you employed by White's or did your Daddy get you the job? - Looking at how you have been handling this up until now, its certainly not talent that got you there - What a shame it is going to be someone like you that will be the death of White's as it appears not much will change until they cut the rot out of the place -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 03:52AM by rustic charm.
July 25, 2016 04:18PM
tboykin Wrote:
> Hey guys, just wanted to get some input on the
> types of videos you'd like to see from White's in
> the future. Here are some of the ones that show
> the direction we're going on our YouTube
> channel---
>
> DJ DIGS - 1794 Liberty Cap
>
> NEVADA - Rattlesnakes, Ghost Towns, and Gold
> Nuggets
>
> DiPA 2016
>
> Factory Tour
>
> Anyways, let me know what you'd like to see in the
> future. We do make product videos... But they
> aren't as fun to shoot cool smiley

VIDEOS???------Seems to me like Whites needs to address the problem at hand (MX Sport) before going off in the wild blue yonder talking about "future" videos!-----First things first----Whites--keep your attention AND energy focused on the CURRENT MAIN ISSUE(S)!
July 25, 2016 11:43PM
White's don't make a repeat of this video:

[www.youtube.com]
July 26, 2016 12:22AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> White's don't make a repeat of this video:
>
> [www.youtube.com]

LOL, Hell Brian, it won't be long with all the great finds your making with the "Turkish Language Machine" we'll be driving you around in a limo......cool smiley
July 26, 2016 12:36PM
I recently picked up a used at pro with no paperwork. Went to YouTube looking for a run down on the unit and Garret has I believe 4 instructional videos that go through EVERYTHING the detector does, clearly and concisely. They did a really good job. The guy that does the video is actually an experienced hunter and it shows. He even goes a little more in depth on things like manually increasing ground balance to aid in low conductor sensitivity, shows how to set a notch window to find an earing (and then intentionally loses it and recovers it), shows how a nail colocated with a button can effect VDI and how to set the tone break accordingly, etc.

Give us tangible, nuts and bolts info from a real world hunter; not a docker clad factory guy that doesn't come across as one of us and rushes through things.
July 26, 2016 12:51PM
Be nice to see videos done from folks in the UK also.