Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New NEL coil

Posted by Spaceport 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New NEL coil
August 22, 2016 03:29PM
Not sure if anyone posted about this yet but NEL has a new coil called the Thunder coming out in September or October, its 10.5x14.5, they will also have a Cors version called the Cannon.
Re: New NEL coil
August 22, 2016 06:38PM
Looks like a coil war between Nel and Mars with their Tiger coil at 10x13". What's next?

BTW are you pleased with the performance of the Mars coils on your G2?

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
August 23, 2016 02:55AM
I'm far from knowledgeable about coils but NEL/CORS seem to be producing quite a number of coils that are about the same size like HUNTER (12.5x8.5), TORNADO (12x13), STORM 13x14), ATTACK (15x15) and now the THUNDER (10.5x14.5).

I know that a DD coil that is round like 13x13 will have more depth than one that is 12x13 but what other benefits of having an oval shaped coil? Or a very oval shape like the new Thunder? Better separation, less weight?
August 23, 2016 09:50AM
The new NEL coil is a very similar spec and size to the Mars Tiger coil,must admit i do like the NEL coils,i use the Sharpshooter,Storm and BIG Nel on the T2,the Storm is my favourite out of the 2 and very sensitive too small finds.
August 24, 2016 10:26AM
Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The new NEL coil is a very similar spec and size
> to the Mars Tiger coil,must admit i do like the
> NEL coils,i use the Sharpshooter,Storm and BIG Nel
> on the T2,the Storm is my favourite out of the 2
> and very sensitive too small finds.

Does that Storm coil add a lot of weight compared to the stock coil?
August 26, 2016 11:15PM
I'm sorry, I just saw this question.
Yes I am very happy with them!
So far I've had the Tiger and the Goliath on my X-terra when I had it. The Tiger for the Makro Racer which I used on my R2 not the red one yet. The Tiger and the Discovery are incredible on the G2+! Through airtests they both did considerably more then the Ultimate coil, which really surprised me, I totally love the Ultimate and always will, but these MarsMD coils are something else!
I highly recommend them to anyone who wants more depth out of their machine.
August 31, 2016 08:08AM
88junior Wrote:
> Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The new NEL coil is a very similar spec and
> size
> > to the Mars Tiger coil,must admit i do like the
> > NEL coils,i use the Sharpshooter,Storm and BIG
> Nel
> > on the T2,the Storm is my favourite out of the
> 2
> > and very sensitive too small finds.
>
> Does that Storm coil add a lot of weight compared
> to the stock coil?

I would be telling lies if it was not heavier than the stock coil,but the depth advantage over the stock one in my opinion is well worth it,its not often that a big coil not only goes deeper but also still very sensitive too small finds,but the Storm coil is.

One thing i will highlight is that the Storm coil although is heavier,its mounted on the bottom rod in the middle of the coil as the stock coil is rear mounted,only a small thing but it does balance much better on the detector,build quality is also far superior to the T2 stock coil as that was always seen as the weakest build quality link with the T2.
August 31, 2016 10:26AM
The Mars Tiger Coil is just a dream for us here in the states not one dealer I know sells them. I heard Kellyco was going to sell them but they have yet to. I'm either going to get the storm coil or the Tornado I guess for my T2.
August 31, 2016 12:13PM
Pretty much matches my thoughts on the Tiger. I had one for the R2 and still have the Omega version which works on the G2 as well. Added depth and separation is better than it should be given their size. Balance is much much better than the Stock Tek 11" bi-axials.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
August 31, 2016 01:21PM
I wish they would squeeze down the width some. Make an open 8x14 or something along those lines. Right now the smallest width, longest length coil I can find is the 10x14 RIF Ranger. (this isn't counting the closed 8x14 Eclipse).

I get bummed out about coils as they all just copy each other with the same sizes and none of them make what I want. Narrow and long.

HH
Mike
September 03, 2016 11:16PM
I know what you mean but I kept an eye out and bought one on eBay for under 100 shipped used but very nice... I also get them from a place overseas.... If you want the dealers info email me at mct1274@gmail.com
Great prices and pretty decent shipping times
September 05, 2016 10:19PM
Spaceport Wrote:
> I know what you mean but I kept an eye out and
> bought one on eBay for under 100 shipped used but
> very nice... I also get them from a place
> overseas.... If you want the dealers info email me
> at mct1274@gmail.com
> Great prices and pretty decent shipping times

I might just try out the Discovery coil on my X-Terra 705.

Did you have the switchable freq versions for your XT?

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2016 10:20PM by Jackpine.
September 05, 2016 11:01PM
No, I had the Tiger for my 705 over two years ago... At the time they didn't have the changeable frequencies but I've hear they work well... I had the 18.75 kHz and it really opened my machine up and it really hit targets hard!
I do not own an X-Terra anymore and miss it occasionally.
September 07, 2016 01:09PM
i still use the 10x12 SEF coil on my umax and its hard to beat on depth