Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

They did a good job of hiding...but no more

Posted by diggwr27 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
They did a good job of hiding...but no more
August 31, 2016 09:06PM
Since moving back to my strange, mineralized, iron and trash infested dirt I have learned a lot.
I can recognize deeper targets now, can deal with the big iron problem pretty well and trash too.
These two were claimed from an area I have hit more times than I can count and I missed them every time.
I think the sniper coil on my F70 helped a lot on these, plus some really slow coil movements.
Not very deep at all, in any other normal situation these should have been obvious but in this spot not only were they not acting in the parameters of behavior I have already learned but they were extra jumpy and masked for some reason.
That's ok, I noticed some new odd behavior that I think will let me find more like this in the future.
These acted like most iron targets usually do with high numbers and drops to iron...but not quite classic.
I keep trying to get better because I really don't want to dig it all around here, some trash is unavoidable but there is too much of all forms of junk to waste my time looking through all of it.
I need to find better, faster and more efficient ways and that is always my goal.
Nice to know I am still able to learn new things and get better at this in this weird dirt.
Now to practice and hopefully find some more hidden gems.

1919 wheat...1917 merc.

Re: They did a good job of hiding...but no more
August 31, 2016 09:12PM
Good job! High iron and trash aren't fun but it can be done.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
August 31, 2016 11:58PM
You persisted and you got em, nice!
September 01, 2016 01:24AM
There's more to a successful hunt than what you find. As in what you learn or accomplish. Good job!

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
September 01, 2016 03:37AM
Nice to pull them outta' that ground.
September 03, 2016 04:18AM
Nice saves out of bad ground conditions.

Congrats.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
September 03, 2016 06:40AM
Nice recoveries. Going over a spot with a 5 inch coil after only searching it with larger stock coils has always got me a few more keepers.
September 03, 2016 09:22PM
Nice ..

Good for you!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla