Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

To all those complaining that their top of the line detectors don't have this or that feature....

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I would give my right **t for a decent detector right now. Had a bit of a financial disaster due to temporary health issues and had to sell my only detector.

So stop complaining and get out there and hunt!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2016 02:28AM by Detectorist.
Did the doctor take your left nut mate?
Man don't get bitter at the rest of us.----A lot of us have had both health AND financial set backs.
Your not alone I sold my v3i last year to help purchase a forage harvester and had to sell my dfx and idx pro to fund a manure spreader purchase. I mainly run at pro omega 8000 and my favorite my compadre now. We all run into ups and downs. I had a beautiful tractor collection. Real running driving ones restored 76 of them to be exact and a good looking woman and a good job 10 year's ago my dad tipped over gone in an instant, I was 26. Had to quit job to run farm woman left cause I was no fun anymore lol and by the time I settled my dad's estate and paid the family attorneys ect I ended up keeping 5 tractors to farm with and the main part of the home farm. Had several hundred toy tractors and a nice coin and gun collection all gone. But ya know what I kept at it and now I have a truly wonderful beautiful wife and daughter and I found I like Iike my compadre better than the v3i anyways! Hang in there I hit rock bottom and hit it hard and we're all only one stumble away from hitting it again ya just never know. Hit up Craigs list find a simple beep and digger and get back on your feet and back in the game! Good luck with everything!
I've had similar things happen along the way. My favorite detector to this date, is a Minelab GPX. They have came down in price in a big way, and every time I end up getting back on my feet enough to purchase one, something will come up and I have to sell it. I got a smoking deal on one back around January of this year and thought I'd keep it for sure, but ended up selling it to help go on a vacation with the wife. That normally isn't an issue....every year for the past several years, I have been slammed with over time at work around this time of year. I am not one of those guys that require OT to pay my bills...but do rely on my normal hours to do so. Well this year, instead of the OT we normally get hit with, our work is REALLY slow. So slow that they are sending us home early and or telling us to take no pay/no penalty days during our regular scheduled week. So we aren't even getting 40 hours during the week now; more like 24 to 36. That starts cutting into things real quick. I am in the automotive industry and it has taken a big dip due to the uncertainty of the election year outcome. I have parted ways with some extra detectors I had accumulated here lately. Didn't necessarily want to, but had to while the getting was good. I did find a deal on a nearly new MXT Pro...which should carry me through this relic season and I should be pretty happy with that. Keep your eyes peeled on the classifieds and eBay...you might walk into a really good deal.
We all have crosses to carry only some are heavier than others so hang in there as yours may lighten up....almost hung up the hobby due to wifes physical problems but can see the light at the end of the tunnel. She is now doing well and may trade the cross for a lighter one and fire up the detectors once more.
You can do just as well with cheaper Detectors so no need for the most expensive units.
I fought cancer for five years then had a bone marrow transplant. I looked at my detector hanging in my office each day waiting to get better so I could hunt again. We all love detecting and we all like the new machines coming out. The better you are at hunting the more you want a good machine to help you see through Iron

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
One of the things i like about this hobby, you can find money with it lol
I've easily earned enough in silver and gold with my latest detector this year to cover the cost of it !
GreenMeanie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can do just as well with cheaper Detectors so
> no need for the most expensive units.

Unless you live at the beach like I do...

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
During the good times, its always good to save for the bad times that will come. Life is a series of hills and valleys.
possum mo Wrote:
> During the good times, its always good to save for
> the bad times that will come. Life is a series of
> hills and valleys.

Isn't that the truth!!!------Would just add----and don't get bitter when those valleys do come (and they WILL come).------Just know/realize that the "lows" will not last forever!------Almost 78 yrs. of living has shown me that many times.-------I'm just so happy/blessed for the gift of life (that only The Lord can give)---as we should all be.
And that's a big 10/4, Del. Always glad to find myself on the right side of the ground. HH jim tn
What's really painful is watching all those videos on Youtube....lol. We have had a lot of rain here, in Missouri during the summer so the ground isn't dried up or anything. So guys, get out there if you can.
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Man don't get bitter at the rest of us.----A lot
> of us have had both health AND financial set
> backs.

Not bitter at all. Heck, I've had time now to do some research.
Speaking of YouTube videos. Ole AquaChigger was my favorite channel for a while. But lately he hasn't put out a good video to get the relic juices pumping...just a lot of talking and nature walk stuff. So I have a new #1 for the YouTube stuff. Deep Digger Dan. He is hilarious to me. I have a lot to get caught up on with his videos.
I'll check him out, Daniel.
Detectorist Wrote:
> I'll check him out, Daniel.

I think he may be Scottish but I'm not sure. He cracks me up though. Mostly hunts for World War relics but he does find a lot of good stuff. He did a series of videos where he came to the USA for a while and those were funny to me. He did one video where he got to shoot guns for the first time at the range and that was a good video to watch. He said that before that day, he was vocal about all guns being banned...but he had a blast shooting them and it changed his mind/outlook on guns. Watched one video the other day where he found a WW2 machine gun while hunting and went on this adrenaline filled "bang bang bang bang" thing. Me and my wife got a good laugh out of him. He is also her favorite to watch now; you never know what he is going to do or say next.