Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"Long Range Detectors"....

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
"Long Range Detectors"....
September 24, 2016 07:36PM
I just have to think that a large detector distributor who actively sells and promotes these things have less credibility than a 3 dollar bill. Just received via email from the big K another sales flyer for those things.

Shame on them.
Re: "Long Range Detectors"....
September 24, 2016 07:59PM
I got a buddy who swears He found a gold ring with one back in the day.
September 24, 2016 08:38PM
"I picked up 3 Peso notes in Cuba!"
September 24, 2016 08:43PM
Well I been using powered and non powered dowsing rods for 46 yrs and have found gold rings etc for people for some time. They're like anything else ya gotta practice to make em' work good. I generally use them in parks etc before I detect helps get the rings and earrings out of the ground quicker than detecting. shortribs
September 24, 2016 09:40PM
Detectorist, I think WC Fields nailed it with many of his observations on humans and their intelligence.
While I understand that that today's 'educational' system is more tuned to teaching how soon-2-b felons are as valuable to society as future doctors/scientists.etc, many of the buyers/believers of these scams are old enough to have been taught the scientific method in school, yet still don't understand how to apply it.
I too despise a company that would knowingly take advantage of people who are IQ-challenged.

I can scam with the best of them with a 'dowsing' rod or similar line of bull, but even as mean as I am, I have higher morals than to do so. KC will never see another penny from me as long as they sell those things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2016 09:41PM by Champ Ferguson.
September 24, 2016 10:24PM
Detectorist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just have to think that a large detector
> distributor who actively sells and promotes these
> things have less credibility than a 3 dollar bill.
> Just received via email from the big K another
> sales flyer for those things.
>
> Shame on them.

+1. I just got that email too and was going to say about the same thing.

Just in case I need yet another reason not to patronize them...
September 24, 2016 11:35PM
I can't stand the people who try to scam people with these things, But I hate the people who have sold them fake bomb detectors, In stead of jailing them I think that they should be given one and made to use it in such dangerous locations where there is a 95% chance of danger or worse and then we will see how well they work,

and the same for those "Wish Stick" BS artists, They don't work and anyone who says they do is a ****ing Liar, having seen inside those things and bolting on a Calculator to a stick they will never work, And all they do is Prey on people with weak minds and big dreams,

I would have no trouble heading up a Firing Squad for such people who marketing or Selling these things, Either way it would be a Civic Duty. Government Scientists have proven that it is ABSOLUTELY Impossible to claim that these bit of Crap Work. PERIOD.

john.
September 25, 2016 01:40PM
Years ago saw a fellow using one..gave me a shortcourse how to use....hid a gold ring and walked 20 feet and it pointed out the ring.....hmmmmm.
label was removed so don't know the brand.
Years ago at beach hunt fellow skipped lunch and watched silver bar being buried and moved it and demo after they couldn't find it until fellow told them.
Believe brand was spectroscope....hmmmmmm
September 25, 2016 02:46PM
"A long-range locator is a class of fraudulent devices purported to be a type of metal detector..."
[en.wikipedia.org]

Lots of good info in these links (clue: if you cant follow the info, please see the last sentence in this post and take it to heart): [www.geotech1.com] [www.geotech1.com] [www.skepdic.com] and finally, re KC itself and their sordid history with this scam: [www.geotech1.com]

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
That does NOT mean that because you saw uncle harry do something amazing when you were 5 years old, that magic exists.
If you don't recognize the difference, please realize that you are ripe for the picking.

September 26, 2016 12:04AM
This topic comes up once in a while on the forums. The big K is usually the punching bag because they do sell them. Some people swear by dousing and these long range detectors. Others are convinced it is all a con. Sort of like religion in many ways. And there are plenty of faiths and plenty of places to go to pray. In the end I think it comes down to the buyer. If you educate yourself to make a personal reasonable choice then it is on you.
September 26, 2016 01:36PM
When it comes to proving the veracity of these things for a long time now there have been contests in place with prizes in the many thousands of dollars that will be given to any brand, model or manufacturer that can be proved successful using the scientific double blind test parameters...the only fair way to get true data.
Curiously over the years a few companies have said they will attempt it but never actually arranged a date, time or place to do it and all others never even acknowledged these tests at all.

Like many things in life some swear they work and others are positive they won't.
I will keep my money and spend it on products that are proven to work and have locical worth.
If one of these products ever can be proven successful I will be first in line to get one...but I am not holding my breath.

As far as buying from that company that sells them now and has had a sketchy history manufacturing them and much effort attempting to cover up and hide this fact, I vowed long ago never to deal with a company like that.
If they were offering a Brand new CTX for one dime I would not even think about sending them that dime.
I was in retail for close to 30 years and I was ethical, moral and honest in all my dealings...I just couldn't sleep or live with myself any other way.
Too bad some businesses out there don't share that way of thinking in the chase for that almighty dollar.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2016 01:42PM by diggwr27.
September 26, 2016 01:50PM
Of course Kellyco is the punching bag because they are selling snake oil. And quite expensive snake oil at that.

LRLs are invariably debunked in every legitimate scientific test. Carl Moreland has spent a lot of his time for little if any financial gain to disprove these devices time and time again. There's good reason why no one has ever collected his 25,000 reward.

I ask myself this: If a company knowingly sells a bogus product, and you can be sure Kellyco knows this product is just that, then what other ways will they find to screw me?
September 26, 2016 07:50PM
That's the soul reason I never have and will never deal with Kellyco.....they profit..... screwing people, by selling those rip off LRD units.
September 26, 2016 08:05PM
I wonder if Ole' Keith Southern ever tried one?
September 26, 2016 08:31PM
I have seen dowsing rods in use and have tried them myself. There is something to them.
September 27, 2016 03:15AM
When the inside of a very expensive LRL is opened to reveal a jumble of useless parts from a toaster and waffler-maker soldered together ... yeah there is fraud afoot. When no legitimate test has ever shown dowsing or LRLs to locate anything, ever ... yeah it's clearly fraudulent. When the claimed 'science' so-called behind these devices is really just a load of purified cow excrement meant only to confuse and defraud the gullible ... you truly have companies engaged in perpetuating a bonafide scam.

But, to the individual, if you want to buy a $2,999 LRL built out of a jumble of unrelated electronic parts from the local dump ... have at it. Have fun! There is such a thing as personal responsibility and accountability from the consumer's end. You should suffer the consequences for the ill conceived actions you take. Those who believe the false marketing claims for LRLs will end up scammed out of their money. That is certainly their privilege. If they are happy with their decision then all is well, if not, live and learn. And those who buy such things also get to fulfill the old adage "a fool and his money are soon parted".

Yet, honest companies shouldn't be a party to the lie. If companies feel they must rip-off consumers, then sell them. But put a warning disclaimer prominently on every page of the site stating "there is no evidence these devices do anything mentioned in the advertisements and are likely a scam". That seems fair. Just keep this garbage off the same site with things that really work - like real metal detectors.

johnnyanglo
September 27, 2016 11:04AM
Of course the manufacturers don't want anyone opening these things up, a jumble of useless parts and maybe one circuit that turns on a light.
I am way to smart for that so I went for this thing.
Only $295, $236.95 at Kc if you absolutely want a discount price but no stupid moving or useless parts or wires.
It only finds gold or silver...nothing else, how can you go wrong?

So far nothing but I am sure it is just operator error, as soon as I get this thing working oh the riches I will find!

September 27, 2016 12:03PM
The Government should lock up the sellers of these thing for life without ever a chance of release because these people prey on peoples dreams,

And those that have them who insist that they work even though they have never found anything under realistic search conditions need locking away because they need saving from them selves and Clowns like some I have met on forums Need a life time membership to the Rubber Room and should never be allowed out without Adult Supervision. where they can be given a wakeup call with a Cattle Prod just to get them back to reality.

John.
September 27, 2016 09:00PM
Expensive little plumb-bob. Is that for hanging over maps?
September 27, 2016 10:04PM
ozzie Wrote:
> Expensive little plumb-bob. Is that for hanging
> over maps?

Are you kidding...at this price it has multiple features and abilities.
Hang it over maps and it pinpoints treasure locations.
Stand in any area and hold it and it will swing in a line in the direction where silver or gold is laying.
Follow the lines, dig the treasure when it starts spinning in circles.
Stand next to somebody you hate that is barefoot or wearing flip flops and "accidentally" drop it on top of their foot.

All kinds of fun in this thing.
September 28, 2016 12:10AM
Be careful with that thing. You'll poke your eye out.
September 28, 2016 09:38PM
[youtu.be]

What about this, video evidence lol
This young lady i believe is now one of Whites testers as well as a columnists for a metal detecting magazine.
September 29, 2016 02:35AM
Dang! I would like to test with Her!
September 29, 2016 11:03AM
ghound Wrote:
> [youtu.be]
>
> What about this, video evidence lol
> This young lady i believe is now one of Whites
> testers as well as a columnists for a metal
> detecting magazine.

I hope she is not one of Whites Testers because she has not Detected long enough to know any thing, as for writing a column the same applies to that too, There is nothing that girl can teach any of Me because she has very little experience,

And If She is a tester then She is the BAIT / Marketing Move to get younger people involved and nothing more

£&$%ing Joke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2016 03:25PM by auminesweeper.
September 29, 2016 11:30AM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> ghound Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > [youtu.be]
> >
> > What about this, video evidence lol
> > This young lady i believe is now one of Whites
> > testers as well as a columnists for a metal
> > detecting magazine.
>
> I hope she is not one of Whites Testers because
> she has not Detected long enough to know any
> thing, as for writing a column the same applies to
> that too, There is nothing that girl can teach any
> of Me because she has very little experience,
>
> And If She is a tester for Whites then She is the
> BAIT / Marketing Move to get younger people
> involved and nothing more
>
> £&$%ing Joke.

lol grumpy old fecker!
September 29, 2016 11:34AM
September 29, 2016 01:58PM
tests on the ellectroscope circuits prove its a scam ,as the circuits are pure rubbish and do nothing as tested by qulaified engineers
September 29, 2016 03:24PM
ghound Wrote:
> auminesweeper Wrote:
> -----
> > ghound Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > [youtu.be]
> > >
> > > What about this, video evidence lol
> > > This young lady i believe is now one of
> Whites
> > > testers as well as a columnists for a metal
> > > detecting magazine.
> >
> > I hope she is not one of Whites Testers because
> > she has not Detected long enough to know any
> > thing, as for writing a column the same applies
> to
> > that too, There is nothing that girl can teach
> any
> > of Me because she has very little experience,
> >
> > And If She is a tester for Whites then She is
> the
> > BAIT / Marketing Move to get younger people
> > involved and nothing more
> >
> > £&$%ing Joke.
>
>
> lol grumpy old fecker!

Oye,,,, Not So Much of the Old grinning smileygrinning smiley Lol.

Seriously though, I would rather people who know what they are Talking about or know what they doing worked for companies and Magazines, More so because the knowledge can only be gained by the years spent using the machines spending thousands of hour searching and running machines under all types of conditions, despite what columns she has or who she works for Just means she is out of her depth.

John.
September 29, 2016 03:37PM
ghound Wrote:
> [youtu.be]
>
> This young lady i believe is now one of Whites
> testers as well as a columnists for a metal
> detecting magazine.

She is rather 'Foxy' for sure,you can understand why they have some form of association with her cool smiley
September 29, 2016 03:47PM
ghound Wrote:
> [youtu.be]
>
It is impossible for those things to work when they have no working electronics even remotely related to detecting metal what so ever.

John.