Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Impact pics

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Nokta Impact pics
October 12, 2016 06:46PM
Nice looking machine for sure. Clean lines/compact lookin thumbs down

Can't wait to see what this unit will do in heavy iron contamination for sifting/picking old coins out.

I have the perfect site I wanna try one out at (same place I found the $1 gold coin at while using the Deus) as well as a couple others I've been wanting to try a new unit at smiling smiley

Hope it's released soon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2016 07:15PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
October 12, 2016 10:51PM
Does Look like a Nice Rig..smiling smiley

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 12, 2016 11:01PM
Thanks. I think ground in Central Florida is not mineralized. How would you use the 3 separate frequencies in non-mineralized ground? Would you use each of the frequencies over a given area to see what the results would be?
-----------------------------------------------------
> newguy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Please educate this rookie. How would someone
> go
> > about using the different frequencies in lets
> say
> > a park/sports field. Would you first detect
> with
> > 14Kz and then switch to 5 or 20 depending on
> what
> > you hear/see in 14Kz? Or would you use a
> specific
> > frequency based on the location and the type of
> > targets you are searching for?
>
> The frequency you choose can effect a couple of
> things, The first being what certain metals
> respond to best and the 2nd relates to how deep a
> frequency can see in to the ground, So there is no
> perfect frequency because what ever the target is
> made of the detection depth can change when it
> comes to ground mineralization, where a coin might
> like 20 kHz the ground might prefer 5 kHz and that
> is a 15 kHz gap so the happy medium between the
> target and the ground might be 12.5 kHz , that is
> where the 14 kHz frequency comes in to play but
> the levels of mineralization vary so the Ideal
> frequency may be anywhere between the frequencies
> you have at hand or with some machines the use of
> all 3 to gain the best results.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> John.
October 12, 2016 11:04PM
Will the detector run with 3 frequencies all at once, or only 1 at a time, or 2 at a time?? Need a better explanation of how it operates ?? Please explain. Thanks Tony
October 12, 2016 11:18PM
Tony-Ok Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will the detector run with 3 frequencies all at
> once, or only 1 at a time, or 2 at a time?? Need a
> better explanation of how it operates ?? Please
> explain. Thanks Tony

1 at a time..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 13, 2016 12:35AM
Thanks Keith,one other question?? Will there be any concentric coils for this detector, for us old school old timers??
October 13, 2016 12:51AM
It is a shame that all multi frequency machines are don't have selectable frequencies because having 3 frequencies would give you 9 different combinations.

John.
October 13, 2016 01:55AM
I think the impact will blow the V3 away I had the impact and the racer blows that away if your a relic hunter in the gold country dirt of Calif. In fact the racer I have keeps up with the deus on every undug target so I can only imagine what beast lies in the impact>>>spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 13, 2016 02:10AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> I think the impact will blow the V3 away I had the
> impact and the racer blows that away if your a
> relic hunter in the gold country dirt of Calif. In
> fact the racer I have keeps up with the deus on
> every undug target so I can only imagine what
> beast lies in the impact>>>spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I Like the Idea of the V3, But the adjustability is just OTT when you take in to account what the MXT and the Racer's and the Relic can do with a lot less, Machines like the V3 have a limited appeal and is aimed at a certain type of detectorist,

I am hoping that the Impact will do away with all the excessiveness,

John.
October 13, 2016 08:25AM
The speech about use by search of three frequencies.
If it is only an opportunity in case of the beginning of search to select any frequency and all search to carry out on it, then it is bad option, it is just substitution of three different coils of one as an example such opportunity at my detector on this coil (the photo from the website of the producer)

If after detection of the purpose it is possible to switch easily and quickly to other frequency and to see change of a response of the purpose at other frequency, then it is possible based on change of a signal of the purpose with different frequencies to draw a conclusion what purpose under the coil.
For example cast iron will give different response at low and high frequencies...

ps: Don't consider for advertizing when I refer to the detector and coils to it, I well know the metal detector and it is simpler to me to draw analogies and to compare Impact to it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2016 08:38AM by vfp7.
October 13, 2016 08:42AM
vfp7 Wrote:
> The speech about use by search of three
> frequencies.
> If it is only an opportunity in case of the
> beginning of search to select any frequency and
> all search to carry out on it, then it is bad
> option, it is just substitution of three different
> coils of one as an example such opportunity at my
> detector on this coil
> [akamd.ru]
> 5fa2025d12c72e2e.jpg
> If after detection of the purpose it is possible
> to switch easily and quickly to other frequency
> and to see change of a response of the purpose at
> other frequency, then it is possible based on
> change of a signal of the purpose with different
> frequencies to draw a conclusion what purpose
> under the coil.
> For example cast iron will give different response
> at low and high frequencies...

I think i get what your saying, if it has 3 frequencies can they be changed quickly, at the flick of a switch on current ground balance, or do you have to restart the machine and re ground balance to change khz?
If it's the later it would be a pain, but im guessing it will be similar to my machine, change the khz in the menu screen and do another auto or manual ground balance, saying that if it's a machine like the racer which i didn't find was very ground reactive ground balance might not be as big a factor?
October 13, 2016 08:44AM
@AuMinesweeper: ".....because having 3 frequencies would give you 9 different combinations."
I make it 7, but regardless, that's a lot of complications, it would end up like a Whites V3 with more options... .
"I Like the Idea of the V3, But the adjustability is just OTT"
So you want lots of options, but don't like them either?
It's a common problem with modern gadgets, too many options/settings/adjustments. If it's got a 'computer' in it somewhere, it seems normal to offer menu's full of choices, mainly because it's just software, and costs little to add.

Back to the Impulse: Personally, I think just two well-chosen frequency choices would be enough, something around 6K / 18K, but I imagine technical factors mean it's a small step to make it 3 rather than 2, and it may attract more buyers as a result.
This issue of 'changing frequency on the fly' is quite complex. In principle, if you knew the ground balance at one frequency, you could estimate what it would be at another. But as we know, getting the right GB setting can be critical sometimes, which is where you would want to re-balance if you changed operating frequency. It's certainly easier to have the machine work without on-the-fly switching, but would such a product get the approval of users?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2016 08:52AM by Pimento.
October 13, 2016 09:34AM
With this three-frequency coil it is necessary to switch off the detector, to replace frequency the tumbler and to execute adaptation of the coil + GB

Well the fact that frequency about 3 KHZ well works for big depths on the large purposes and it has three frequencies more exact identification on the oxidized iron purposes.
Frequency about 7 KHZ is rather universal, also the small-sized purposes of a look "scale" are visible
Frequency more than 14 KHZ is good on the small-sized purposes, but it is a lot of "soil of glitches" by search, and it usually doesn't use heavy soil calling "phantoms"
October 13, 2016 10:14AM
Must admit when i use my DFX which runs @ either 3khz-15kz or together is a bonus,these days i find that i am using it more solely on the 3khx with a 12'' Hotshot Concentric coil and it does punch pretty deep on pasture sites,of course thats also great feature of the 'proven' Deus feature of the 4 different freq's.

The new Impact detector although it sounds very good technically wise on paper and in the early trials,but its not as yet 'proven' like some of the current detector,also one of my main criteria's when buying anything new especially electronic items like a detectors is that i 'never' buy any new model until a minimum 12 months after launch,this will then highlight any design faults or other possible problems that can and do occur ie MX-S and also Nokta/Makro with plastic problems.

Of course this is just my personal opinion on how i buy metal detecting equipment.
October 13, 2016 10:17AM
"With this three-frequency coil it is necessary to switch off the detector"
How do you know this? It sounds rather speculative to me. I see no reason to turn off the detector. My best guess, based on technical knowledge, is the Impact is functionally similar to the ML X-Terra machines, when fitted with the 'switchable-freq' coils.
October 13, 2016 01:16PM
You about the coil to my detector?
If yes, that video on this coil, on this video is visible and heard switching off of the detector, adaptation of the coil and the subsequent GB when changing frequency.
Coil 3F AKA
October 13, 2016 01:58PM
"You about the coil to my detector? "
No, I was referring to the Nokta machine. Your English is poor, and I misunderstood you.

I presume the Nokta will control it's coil directly from the microprocessor brains, though it may well have some electronics inside the coil too, such as a latching relay.
October 13, 2016 02:40PM
Interesting unit for sure. I hope their VID algorithm is improved and stabilized since the R2. With three different separate freqs, this can cause all kinds of VID complications. With the v3i, the low freq would hit foil like silver(high vdi high tone) so I can imagine that it may do something similar.
October 13, 2016 02:50PM
When using multiple frequencies simultaneously, does the reactivity or recovery speed of the machine slow down?

I ask because the Makro/Nokta devices are known for high speed target separation, but some multi-frequency machines have poor recovery speed. They have different strengths.

Is it possible to have a machine running 3 frequencies at the same time, while still being able to separate targets lightning fast?
October 13, 2016 03:40PM
They could make a three freq machine that runs at the same time in the future this company can and will move forward.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 13, 2016 04:10PM
ghound Wrote:
> vfp7 Wrote:
> -----
> > The speech about use by search of three
> > frequencies.
> > If it is only an opportunity in case of the
> > beginning of search to select any frequency and
> > all search to carry out on it, then it is bad
> > option, it is just substitution of three
> different
> > coils of one as an example such opportunity at
> my
> > detector on this coil
> >
> [akamd.ru]
>
> > 5fa2025d12c72e2e.jpg
> > If after detection of the purpose it is
> possible
> > to switch easily and quickly to other frequency
> > and to see change of a response of the purpose
> at
> > other frequency, then it is possible based on
> > change of a signal of the purpose with
> different
> > frequencies to draw a conclusion what purpose
> > under the coil.
> > For example cast iron will give different
> response
> > at low and high frequencies...
>
>
> I think i get what your saying, if it has 3
> frequencies can they be changed quickly, at the
> flick of a switch on current ground balance, or do
> you have to restart the machine and re ground
> balance to change khz?
> If it's the later it would be a pain, but im
> guessing it will be similar to my machine, change
> the khz in the menu screen and do another auto or
> manual ground balance, saying that if it's a
> machine like the racer which i didn't find was
> very ground reactive ground balance might not be
> as big a factor?

I will answer that shortly.
The frequency change is done on the main screen....there are expert settings on the right side of the screen.... you press the expert button on the control unit and choose the frequency option…then you simply select the one you need with the right/left button. No need to restart the unit.
October 13, 2016 04:33PM
Pimento Wrote:
> @AuMinesweeper: ".....because having 3 frequencies
> would give you 9 different combinations."
> I make it 7, but regardless, that's a lot of
> complications, it would end up like a Whites V3
> with more options... .
> "I Like the Idea of the V3, But the adjustability
> is just OTT"
> So you want lots of options, but don't like them
> either?
Yeah I made it 7 too I just couldn't read my own hand writing. sorry about that.

I would not class the frequency select in the same class as all the other settings the V3 has, Due to the frequencies they could quite easily name them shallow Normal and Deep, Because that is how they respond to the ground / Targets.
October 13, 2016 07:35PM
quote, " would not class the frequency select in the same class as all the other settings the V3 has, Due to the frequencies they could quite easily name them shallow Normal and Deep, Because that is how they respond to the ground / Targets."

That is an interesting way to look at them, John. I have always looked at detector frequencies from the discrimination stand point. But, since the majority of detector designs simply press the operating frequency into a pre-existing historical discriminating mode I guess it would be expected for a person to view them as Shallow, Normal and Deep. Then again, a given operating frequency is only shallow on responses that hit at the edges of their resonating ranges in reference to their relationship to the ground balance point.

For example: Using the DFX in single frequency 15kHz, at one site, all quarter responses wrapped to iron. If I wanted to retreive quarters I had to listen to the iron and recover the -93/-94 iron grunt tones. But I could put it in 3 kHz and retreive them as normal high conductive, high tone targets. This was all in relation to the frequency response to the target in relation to the ground balance point of the ground. I can see this happening on the V3 too, but since I'm looking at the other two frequencies simultaneously its clearer, easier to see and recognize. Same thing happens on the other end of the scale with the lower conductor targets, too.

Any of the three frequencies one might choose to use individually will exhibit this shallow, normal, deep response depending on whither how it resonates with that frequency and where on the phase shift line in relation to the ground balance point it hits at.

What I have come to dislike is the press fit of different frequency phase responses into a fixed historical phase shift model. I think you loose many of the goodies that are inherit in the raw frequency phase responses of the said frequency.

HH
Mike
October 13, 2016 07:55PM
yeah that is why I said about the ground / Target, having the ability to blend 2 or more frequencies is going help a lot, having used FBS and BBS in junk filled sites I am still not a 100% on multi-frequency machines because my finds rate sky rocketed when I move to a single frequency machine, and a lot of my finds were/are deeper except for one find, So I find it pretty easy to be a sceptic about multi frequency machines, I battled with the BBS and FBS machine for about 5 or 6+ years and no matter what I changed whether it be settings or Coils nothing helped even in the slightest, Which is a shame because they were good machines but they just would not work where I hunt,

As for the V3 it's adjustability is a little too far from a normal detecting point of view, It is great if a person is trying to locate a certain type of item or something that they know is there but for hunting where a person is trying to find anything of interest then I find single frequency machines easier to set right in unknown locations.

John.
October 14, 2016 12:24AM
I would sure like to try one in all this iron we hunt, I love my FR it is sparky and can give ones ear a fit all day. how different wound it be then the relic? better for relic hunting...
October 14, 2016 09:30AM
Improving of identification with two "honest" frequencies
/Pay attention that it is the early Intronik version, now it began to identify even better the purposes/
Here therefore I hope that Impact approximately will also use three frequencies.
Hodograph1
Hodograph2
October 14, 2016 11:06AM
Nice to see the pics are back up again. Thank You....( edited )

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2016 06:34PM by Pimento.
wjs
October 14, 2016 01:01PM
Can you have some hardcore coin hunters test this unit and not just relic hunters. We need some input from people who mostly coin hunt also. Thanks.
October 14, 2016 01:20PM
wjs Wrote:
> Can you have some hardcore coin hunters test this
> unit and not just relic hunters. We need some
> input from people who mostly coin hunt also.
> Thanks.

Name a hardcore coin hunter that the majority of the members would agree to.
October 14, 2016 01:27PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> wjs Wrote:
> -----
> > Can you have some hardcore coin hunters test
> this
> > unit and not just relic hunters. We need some
> > input from people who mostly coin hunt also.
> > Thanks.
>
>
> Name a hardcore coin hunter that the majority of
> the members would agree to.

wjs------Bill will give an honest evaluation!