Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

PVT Thomas Milton McGee

Posted by docbars 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
PVT Thomas Milton McGee
October 11, 2016 11:40PM
This past weekend we had our second CWPPO hunt in Ohio The site of this hunt was in southern Ohio. Our objectives were to find the grave site of the lone CSA soldier that was killed there. Over the years the stories changed and folks thought he was buried in this spot or that spot and on and on. That friday we had a guy with his GPR and he searched the first two grave sites. Nothing went 1.7 miles back up the hollow and jackpot Thomas Milton Mcgee PVT.CO H 2nd CAV CSA is located. All rumors put to rest He is still buried at the original site. The next objective was finding the correct routes that Gen Morgans Raiders took and how the Union countered.
Relics dicovered may prove history wrong on this. We have a lot of relics to go through and to lay them out on maps and then we will see a better picture of what trully happened on July 23 1863
HHj
Corey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2016 12:38AM by docbars.
Re: PVT Thomas Milton McGee
October 11, 2016 11:56PM
Interesting---keep us posted.
October 11, 2016 11:59PM
I thought those guys were buried in big Iron Coffins, Surely a detector would pick those up, Or were only officers buried in those. ?

John.
October 12, 2016 12:23AM
John
Gen Morgan's men left him lay. The locals gave him a burial. They even put up a stone for the poor soldier

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2016 12:24AM by docbars.
October 12, 2016 12:42AM
docbars Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John
> Gen Morgan's men left him lay. The locals gave
> him a burial. They even put up a stone for the
> poor soldier

That was not very nice of them, But when you consider that they were dodging Bullets I guess that was a good enough reason and one can only Imagine the horrors they had to endure.

Good luck with the search and don't forget to keep us up to date with your progress,

Thanks for posting about Him.

John.
October 12, 2016 05:04PM
Nice write up Cory...That was a blast
October 12, 2016 05:12PM
Bill
It was a blast. I have more info to share ya, I will pm you and Ty