Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

So, As To the Fisher F75 LTD...

Posted by Miser 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
So, As To the Fisher F75 LTD...
December 15, 2016 09:25PM
...did the new DST technology resolve the EMI issues the F75 and F75 Ltd. was having?

I understand that EMI varies from place to place, but I am getting mixed results on the forums.

Some say it has done an incredible job and they are hunting sites at higher sensitivities than they were able to hunt before, and some have responded with a "meh".

Opinions would be appreciated.
Re: So, As To the Fisher F75 LTD...
December 15, 2016 09:57PM
I've had no emi issues with my DST version that a frequency shift wouldn't cure and I run 0 disc and sen in the 90's almost all the time. It is the quietest of the other two earlier versions I've had. HH jim tn
December 15, 2016 11:54PM
jim tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've had no emi issues with my DST version that a
> frequency shift wouldn't cure and I run 0 disc and
> sen in the 90's almost all the time. It is the qui
> etest of the other two earlier versions I've had.
> HH jim tn

+1 I actually run mine with DST off 90% of the time at the default freq and have no problems running sens in the 90's. DST on takes care of everything else.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
December 16, 2016 12:50AM
I still get emi on my dst if I am in FA mode, when in a pretty high emi area. Doesn't matter if 5 or 11 inch coil. With any other process, I can be in a high emi and work nice and quiet.
December 16, 2016 01:54AM
Thanks for the info gentlemen. Much appreciated.
December 16, 2016 10:25PM
Tom did some extensive testing that was very informative on the F75LTD. I sure wish that he would do the same on the F75DST.

tabman
December 17, 2016 12:39AM
Scott....... I've been trying to answer your PM....... but this site is experiencing difficulties sending PM's.
December 17, 2016 01:42AM
No worries Tom.