Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Found A CZ3D Made In Los Banos!

Posted by cobill 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Found A CZ3D Made In Los Banos!
December 26, 2016 08:59PM
I've searched all over the internet and can't seem to find a CZ3D Ser# 1021 (prefix) made in Los Banos, CA....so I'm hoping someone will take my $600 offer and sell their CZ3D that is sitting in a closet collecting dust. I'm looking for one of those hot units that can hit a dime at 12"+ in good or excellent shape. Merry Christmas,

Bill

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2016 06:10PM by cobill.
Re: WTB CZ3D Ser#1021 Los Banos Mfg. Offering $600hot smiley
December 26, 2016 09:33PM
Bill,

Sent you a PM, but I'm not sure if the PM system is back up and working yet since Wildwally1 did the forum update. If you don't see a PM in your box, reply back here.

Rich -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
December 26, 2016 11:28PM
Rich, I sent you a PM.

Bill
December 26, 2016 11:49PM
Bill, It's a 1021 tom tune that I bought from this forum about a year back. See if this link works....[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
December 27, 2016 02:36AM
Bill,

I have tested dozens of 1021 and 1121 units since they first came out. I have found that many of the 1121's are better in iron than 1021's. I have kept two pristine 1121 units with everything that came with them except the box. One hits over 12 inches, the other appears to go way beyond that. Neither unit has been tested or tuned by Tom but both are surely excellent units. Any interest, let me know.

Chris

P.S. I have been on this forum since it was first formed so no worries. I have also posted my findings on here over the years about multiple different CZ-70 and CZ-3D machines and their performance.
wjs
1121 CZ
December 27, 2016 01:48PM
My first CZ I bought was an 1121 serial number. The thing was unbelievably deep but I did not know it at the time. It was not until after I sold it and then bought a few more down the road I realized how good it was. I wish I had that one back again......;o)
December 27, 2016 04:32PM
I found the CZ3D to not be a good relic hunter I had one years ago when they first came out and when I moved to the gold country I had to dump it. It is or was really good for coins at parks with the smaller coil but in my dirt it had to go.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 27, 2016 05:51PM
Christopher-Ohio PM sent.

Bill
December 27, 2016 10:43PM
Bill,

Sorry I thought I couldn't send PM's since I was not getting a confirmation of it before the software changes.

Thanks,

Chris

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2016 11:40PM by christopher-ohio.
December 27, 2016 11:18PM
Thanks Chris.smiling smiley

Bill
December 28, 2016 02:58AM
You may want to check some new dealer stock..

I played with a HOT El Paso CZ 3d almost bought it I was so impressed..Foot on dime EASY..

They may be tuning them right??? ..Why not build nothing but PROPER units..makes no sense..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 28, 2016 04:39PM
Hi Chris, not trying to step on any toes but if you are ever a seller of one of those hot non-falsing 1121s I am interested and will pay top dollar for it

I've had numerous cz-3ds including 3 1121s, but in my quest I've never found one that didn't false on iron. That's always been my only negative issue of any consequence with any hot 3d I've had.

I have a good Tom tuned one now and I have no interest in any more typical hot iron-falsing cz-3ds.

I know pms aren't working here, I also go by marcomo on finds if you want to send me a pm there.
December 28, 2016 07:58PM
'Falsing on iron"? If you mean giving spirious high tones on iron, here's what the CZ's designer - Dave Johnson had to saymon the subject a while back. i posted it the other day on another thread, but Since someone in a post above brought up the subject, I'm posting it again.

CZ's speak their own language. It's not difficult to learn, but it is different.

Nonferrous range target ID is done using (superior) multifrequency methods that have no correspondence in single-frequency technology.

The distinction between ferrous and nonferrous is done using a single-frequency method, inasmuch as multifrequency methods tend to erase the distinction between ferrous and nonferrous. In the multifrequency domain, ferrous looks nonferrous, mostly in the mid conductivity range. NOTE: a simplified explanation is this: multifrequency methods are superior because they mostly ignore the iron minerals in the ground. But because they do this, they also lose the ability to respond to the distinctive magnetic susceptibility signature of iron metal, making it "look" nonferrous.

The people who really clean up with CZ's on the deep silver, don't reject iron. If a target classifies as iron, sweep back and forth over it from several different directions and for the time being, ignore the hits where the machine says it's iron. But keep score.

If nearly all the hits are iron, it's probably iron.

If the non-iron hits classify mostly in the high coins range, it's probably a high coins.

If the non-iron hits classify mostly in the nickel & foil range, it's probably nonferrous. Experienced users of the CZ's describe them as "nickel magnets".

If the non-iron hits hit consistently in a particular mid-conductivity range, it's probably nonferrous, possibly a ring. Iron tends to bounce around.

If the non-iron hits bounce like heck but mostly in the mid-conductivity down to and including nickels, well, that's typical iron behavior, not giving clean consistent ID. If it's easy to dig, whip out your digging tool and let your eyes do the final discrimination. If you don't feel like digging, this is one to leave in the ground.

--Dave J

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 28, 2016 10:22PM
Hi Rick,

Yes, I agree there certainly is a language to CZ's and iron...however; serendipitously I discovered this in a handful of machines. I have had several CZ-70's and CZ-3D's that simply do not high tone false on iron like most machines...for me, joyful non-tedious hunting. Yes, I realize that Dave Johnson probably did not design them this way but frankly I wish he did. Just a rare combination of tuning and electronic components I guess. Until you use one, it's hard to believe...like the M&M/Santa commercial winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2016 10:27PM by christopher-ohio.
December 28, 2016 10:26PM
Glad I didn't come over all sarky on marcomo! Learn something new every day!

Thanks for "delicately" cluing me in!

Rick Kempf
Re: Found A CZ3D Made In Los Banos!
December 29, 2016 12:32AM
No problems, Rick.

To clarify a bit more...with investigation I can almost always determine before digging a good coin signal from an iron falsing one using various methods, the most obvious being the consistency of the high tone. With practice I've gotten to where I dig very little iron with the cz-3d.

But therein lies the rub. As you swing the coil, nails and other small ferrous items will give high tones that call for further investigation. Investigating only takes seconds, but over the course of a hunt those seconds add up as does the frustration level.
December 29, 2016 01:44AM
Thanks Mr. M.

I have fallen from so many high horses that the ground itself protests!

We all learn so much from sharing - occasionally disputing - but overwhelmingly from sharing.

Thanks.

P.S. I have hope that entirely new detecting platforms will emerge within the next two years or so. Of course there are those who will say - "Oh - about time" - but when you consider that there are less than a dozen, perhaps less than a half-dozen - designers who have the knowledge of our needs, the experience in detector design, the know how to do advanced digital signal processing programming - and are willing to do detectector design instead of designing weapons for WW III or the "internet of things" - then - it's not surprising that revolutions in metal detector technology are slow in coming.

Thanks again.

Rick Kempf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2016 01:53AM by lytle78.
wjs
December 29, 2016 12:29PM
Here is an example of a target that was jumping from iron to high tone. I decided to dig it anyway.......

[youtu.be]
December 29, 2016 03:03PM
Excellent video and a very nice find!

At the edge of detection range, and that dime seemed to be around 7-8" which would be the edge of detection range for a dime with the 5" coil in average soil, the cz-3d will false on a good target.

The target when it hit high tone did have that coin sound. Hard to describe until you use the cz for a while, but it is usually just a bit smoother and less choppy than a nail. A slightly rounder sound if that makes any sense.

On the other hand it seemed to pinpoint in the hole off center which usually means you've got iron.

This is a good example of why we dig those iffy signals.
December 29, 2016 04:33PM
Couple of ways....If a target doesn't repeat from several angles leave it go however a real deep silver dime may only repeat from 2...
After you dig a plug if pinpoint moves replace plug and move on...
December 30, 2016 03:18PM
Nice video and very nice dime!

Your detector's signals on it appeared to be consistent with Dave J.'s advice for "mixed" hits - mostly iron but looking at the "other" hits to help id. The non-iron hits looked to be all high coin hits.

"If the non-iron hits classify mostly in the high coins range, it's probably a high coins."

Rick Kempf
December 30, 2016 05:48PM
Hey Rick, watched a few of your videos and had a few questions:

1. Based on your knowledge of the optional CZ3D coils from Fisher...which one is your favorite, the 5" or 10.5" coil?
2. What are you using for a digger...really like the design and ease of removing plugs?

Keep making those vids....they really help us during the long winters.cool smiley

Bill
Laporte, CO.
December 31, 2016 12:08AM
I'm not sure whose video you're referring to Bill, but the digger in the cz-3d barber dime vid above is a Predator Raptor and it's all I use. Three or four quick stabs and fold back the flap plug. Less cuts = cleaner and faster plug. Because of its size and shape it moves dirt fast when you need to go deeper.

The only downside is it does not have a serrated edge for small roots, for roots I carry a tiny Stihl folding saw.

Actually, there is another downside. The price. $72 when you add in shipping. Not sure if it's still true, but it used to be that Predator Tools and DeMarco Detecting (a relative of George Lesche who owns Predator Tools) were the only places I knew that sold them.
December 31, 2016 12:53AM
Thanks Marcomo, now which optional coil to buy???confused smiley

Bill
December 31, 2016 04:46AM
One more thing about the Raptor.

Many more folks post forum ads wanting to buy than sell. On the rare occasion one comes up for sale, its almost always sold within an hour or two.