Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tek Omegas on ebay

Posted by Jackpine 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tek Omegas on ebay
January 21, 2017 10:17AM
FTP is blowing em out the door on ebay with your choice of a single coil and 2 coil package deals.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
Re: Tek Omegas on ebay
January 22, 2017 04:20AM
A good deal! When these remaining quantities are gone....they are gone for good.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
January 22, 2017 04:39AM
Wow $340 for a new Omega 8K w/11" DD coil. I liked my Omega, but had an earlier firmwarerev., and it wasn't that great on depth like the later firmware models.

I bought my wife a ETP and am pretty impressed with it for the price.

HH,
Cal
January 22, 2017 04:59AM
I e-mailed the entity selling these, "firsttexasproducts."

I asked what version they were and they/he/she didn't know but said they were new stock manufactured in 2014.

I told him how to check early this afternoon but I haven't heard back.

V4 in 2014?

Rick, I bet you know.
January 22, 2017 08:28AM
V6 started 4/14. Some V5 3/14-5/14.

I believe all the factory has left is v4. The v5s and v6s they had were snatched up quickly.
January 22, 2017 01:28PM
I can't imagine them dumping the 'newer' versions first. There's a big difference in the performance between the older and newer versions. I wonder why they're dumping them? My version 6 is a joy to use, especially with the NEL Sharpshooter search coil attached. That combo eats up silver dimes like there's no tomorrow, it runs silky smooth and gives a good steady ID even on deep targets. To top it all off it's one of the best overall designed detectors that I've ever used. Thanks Dave!

On the other hand, in my no so humble opinion, the Teknetics 8500 is a big flop.

tabman
January 22, 2017 05:47PM
The fleabay listing says the product is being "sold and shipped by the manufacturer"

I don't understand then why the seller, who has only 4 feedback, used to be called "nivisys" previously selling night vision products. Seems like they change their fleabay handle depending on what product they're selling.
January 22, 2017 05:51PM
[www.ebay.com]

(Any problem posting eBay links?)
January 22, 2017 07:31PM
tabman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> On the other hand, in my no so humble opinion, the
> Teknetics 8500 is a big flop.
>
> tabman

Yep looks to be the case. I had high hopes for it, but the lackluster field reports when they came out dissuaded me from buying one. IIRC the 8500 came out around the same time as the Racer, which had fairly positive field reports when it was released.
January 22, 2017 08:06PM
G2 is also available on there for 390.00

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 23, 2017 12:51PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> G2 is also available on there for 390.00
>
> Keith

Looks like Kellyco has the G2's listed for $749. sad smiley
January 23, 2017 01:44PM
FT making room for the new stuff??
January 24, 2017 03:57AM
I'm assuming they are V4. The seller asked me this morning what version I was looking for. I said 05 or 06 and I haven't heard back.
January 24, 2017 05:16AM
marcomo Wrote:
> I'm assuming they are V4. The seller asked me thi
> s morning what version I was looking for. I said
> 05 or 06 and I haven't heard back.

I would guess they are either V5 or V6, but call Rubi at Teknetics to be sure...
January 24, 2017 12:57PM
See post above. V5s and v6s were snatched up months ago. They have been clearing them out for 15 months and just havent gotten those last few v4s out the door. G2 regulars still have a decent quantity left.
January 24, 2017 02:33PM
Well, I hope they are the Version 4 because I preferred those I had. I have a Version 5 I got last September that I have used less than an hour. It's boxed up and ready to sell because I want a 4, not a 5 or 6.

When I got my Omega 8000 in March of 2010 it was naturally V4, as were the three I had after it, and they were my favorite Urban Coin Hunting detectors. Thousands of coins came my way using that light and functional detector, including when I mounted my 5" DD to work in-and-around metal structures and tight spaces. If you're looking to get a V5 that is especially clean w/5½X9¾ Concentric coil in the factory box, shoot me an e-mail. I have a want-and-need for a clean newer V4.

Monte
January 24, 2017 03:16PM
Monte why do you like the version 4 the best?
January 24, 2017 04:44PM
What is the Fisher equivalent of the Teknetics T2 Classic, Omega 8000, and the G2. Thanks
January 24, 2017 05:34PM
Frank in NH
Monte why do you like the version 4 the best?
I prefer the earlier Discrimination, mainly in the iron range.

BamaJoe
What is the Fisher equivalent of the Teknetics T2 Classic, Omega 8000, and the G2.
The T2 would kind of be the F75, but they are different. The Omega 8000 V4 would be close to the Fisher F5, and the original G2 is nothing but a Fisher Gold Bug Pro in a different package.

Monte
January 25, 2017 12:31AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> G2 is also available on there for 390.00
>
> Keith

No more new G2's left for sale from the FT factory.-----I just got off the phone with them----the last G2 on the $390 special price has been sold.----They took my order yesterday, charged my visa & then called me back today saying I was too late in line for a purchase of one---they had sold the last one.------They also said they would be refunding the $390 charge placed on my visa.------Would have been a good price----but "you can't win 'em all" I guess.---------Del
January 25, 2017 12:05PM
I've owned versions 4 & 5 and still own version 6. If you detect in town around a lot of EMI, versions 5 and 6 is the way to go. When I owned and used version 4, my big complaint was that I couldn't hear the 'high' audio tone while in the 3 or 4 audio tone mode when I turned the sensitivity down far enough control the EMI. Not so with versions 5 & 6. I can turn the sensitivity way down and still hear the 'high' audio tone loud and clear.

On the Omega 70 is full sensitivity and anything higher than that is just increasing the threshold. At a sensitivity setting of 60 I hardly notice any difference in depth. At a sensitivity setting of 50 I start noticing some loss of depth, but not a whole lot. This allows me to be able to turn the sensitivity way down to control EMI.

Slap a 8 inch concentric search coil on the Omega and you'll have a whole new detector. It handles EMI better, it pinpoints easier, it's lighter, it discriminates better, it's slightly deeper and you won't be digging a lot of pry-caps. The NEL Sharpshooter search coil is my weapon of choice if I'm not working a site that's loaded with pry-caps..

tabman
January 25, 2017 05:50PM
I got a conformation this morning that the remaining Omega 8000s are version 4.

Bryan
January 25, 2017 09:24PM
Cabin Fever Wrote:
> I got a conformation this morning that the remaini
> ng Omega 8000s are version 4.
>
> Bryan

Mine on the way confirmed Ver. 4 also....11" DD coil coming with mine...Do I need an ultimate 13" for depth or a 5" DD for trash? Or will the 11" do it all? Any help appreciated. Thanks
January 27, 2017 01:43AM
If anyone is interested in purchasing my Omega version 6 shoot me a PM. It's in great shape. I have way too many detectors and need to thin the herd some.

tabman
January 27, 2017 03:04AM
I much prefer the V4 to the V5 Or V6..

V4 seemed to be the perfect balance for spark and intelligent audio still..real powerhouses..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 27, 2017 11:55AM
In the real world most people detect in urban areas that have tons of EMI to have to deal with, not in ghost towns or way out in the boonies somewhere that has little or no EMI. The overwhelming majority of people who use the Omega are going to use either the 3 or 4 audio tone mode when coin shooting. I prefer the 4 audio tone mode. The Omega V5 & V6 vs the V4 would be no contest at some of the hot spots that I detect in Memphis that's loaded with EMI. The only thing that the Omega V4 would do at those hots spots is shake rattle and roll. Heck even the Omega V5 or V6 can't handle some of those sites. That's the truth! Now if you detect way out in the boonies where your cell phone has trouble getting a good connection, maybe the Omega V4 might be the better choice. I wouldn't know, because I never get out that far. One other thing, the NEL Sharpshooter search coil will handle EMI much better than the Teknetics 10 inch elliptical concentric search coil or the 11 inch DD search coil. The Fisher/Teknetics 8 inch concentric search coil will even do better than them at handling EMI.

tabman
January 27, 2017 03:02PM
I used the Omega older brother, the F5, a lot for about 3 years.

It could be a chatty beast, but the key was setting sensitivity to where it would be quiet while swinging the coil.

What that meant was that the detector would be noisy when not swinging the coil, but quiet down when the coil was moving across the ground.

Does the Omega share this trait?
January 27, 2017 04:21PM
marcomo Wrote:
> I used the Omega older brother, the F5, a lot for
> about 3 years.
>
> It could be a chatty beast, but the key was settin
> g sensitivity to where it would be quiet while swi
> nging the coil.
>
> What that meant was that the detector would be noi
> sy when not swinging the coil, but quiet down when
> the coil was moving across the ground.
>
> Does the Omega share this trait?

Yes it does.

V5/V6 did loose some (then completely fell off a cliff with F22/F44/8500) of the smooth anolog like ID/audio that V4 exibits. Also went away with the disc 16/17 muting all iron bug. However they lessened the modulation so deeper targets come in louder and effective depth on coins is 1" deeper and EMI resistance is improved say 20% ish. It lets you run the detector quieter and still get depth like you see on F75 platform. Again, some ID and audio qualities were lost but for park and urban hunters it was well worth it. It still retains a good nickel ID, not as great at V4 but close. The newer models have lost the nickel ID. I first noticed in LRP then we see it in F22/F44/8500. Now the new detectors have a lot more features so they are still excellent values but those that cut our teeth with Omega 8000 and Eurotek Pro's will probably never use them. I've tried many times just too used to the old school performance.
January 27, 2017 05:32PM
detectingMO Wrote:
> marcomo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I used the Omega older brother, the F5, a lot fo
> r
> > about 3 years.
> >
> > It could be a chatty beast, but the key was sett
> in
> > g sensitivity to where it would be quiet while s
> wi
> > nging the coil.
> >
> > What that meant was that the detector would be n
> oi
> > sy when not swinging the coil, but quiet down wh
> en
> > the coil was moving across the ground.
> >
> > Does the Omega share this trait?
>
> Yes it does.
>
> V5/V6 did loose some (then completely fell off a c
> liff with F22/F44/8500) of the smooth anolog like
> ID/audio that V4 exibits. Also went away with th
> e disc 16/17 muting all iron bug. However they le
> ssened the modulation so deeper targets come in lo
> uder and effective depth on coins is 1" deeper and
> EMI resistance is improved say 20% ish. It lets
> you run the detector quieter and still get depth l
> ike you see on F75 platform. Again, some ID and a
> udio qualities were lost but for park and urban hu
> nters it was well worth it. It still retains a go
> od nickel ID, not as great at V4 but close. The n
> ewer models have lost the nickel ID. I first noti
> ced in LRP then we see it in F22/F44/8500. Now th
> e new detectors have a lot more features so they a
> re still excellent values but those that cut our t
> eeth with Omega 8000 and Eurotek Pro's will probab
> ly never use them. I've tried many times just too
> used to the old school performance.

Forgive me, but what are you saying? V4, V5, V6? The first Omega I had was a V4, and everyone was saying to get the V5 or V6 as it was better. I liked the V4, but now have a V5, but haven't had a chance to use it yet...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2017 03:58AM by TexHunter.
January 28, 2017 03:55AM
Thanks for the excellent explanation, MO.