Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

T2 vs F75 For Relic Hunting

Posted by Brierfield 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
T2 vs F75 For Relic Hunting
January 25, 2017 04:33AM
I have primarily been a coin hunter until now, but want to do more relic hunting going forward. I've noticed the great prices on the T2 Classic and F75 Gold models and am trying to decide between them.

My primary questions for those who have used both detectors:

1) Considering that these two detectors are "cousins" sharing a similar platform, is there any significant difference in performance?

2) Are the significantly higher prices of the T2SE and F75SE LTD worth the cost of getting a few extra features (boost and cache). Just how valuable/useful are these features?

3) Does the F75 have a few more settings/features than the T2?

4) I would also like to occasionally use one of these for coin hunting. Would the F75 be better suited for coins than the T2?

Thanks for any help with my "dilemma"!
Re: T2 vs F75 For Relic Hunting
January 25, 2017 07:53AM
Part of the cost difference between Standard and Ltd/SE models is down to the 5" DD coil that's normally included with the latter models.
If that wasn't included, I doubt many customers would consider the extra features worth a lot, maybe 100 Dollars? It does surprise me that the new 'Standard' models have been reduced in price significantly, yet the enhanced versions are still rather expensive (or very expensive if you live in the U.K...).
The F75 has a significantly wider non-ferrous target ID range than the T2, which makes it better suited to coin-hunting, and in my opinion, most types of hunting. The T2's iron range is simply too large, 20 points would be ideal.
January 25, 2017 08:21AM
KNowing what I know as of right now if yuor after relics graba 499.00 list T2 Classic..

I worked with the factory on the F75 and T2 V2 models..and I like the latest T2 Classic as well as any of them for my relic purpose..

As far as Boost mode in the soil its not that much more depth..BUT it can give an advantage to air gap like matted grass and or leaves and such..

Now there both on 13khz BUT after a decade of use of both I can tell the F75 prefers to LOCK onto COINS I.D. Wise and the T2 likes to lock onto weird object shapes as well as coins..and To ME the T2 has a better love of buttons..

The F75 does have a really hot Je mode for tiny objects..and a memory and a backlight..Notching ..

and a non boosted F75 can be had for 599.00 list...

But if it was me I would grab a classic T2 and get a small 5 inch coil to complement it and go dig some relics...Memory retention is not that big a deal and to be honest I like to check my settings on start up anyways..and 99% of the time its a 15 second process...relic setup 99 sens=Check...disc on zero=Check..2f tone=Check..it will start in disc mode and only three setting and a ground grab and go hunt..it will come on at 60 sens..10 disc and 1 tone..so each one fo those settings can be aligned to the relic setting and quickly with your thumb..seriously 15 seconds and its a good way to verify everything is right..

at 499.00 list and for what it brings to the plate its a no brainer..

oh yeah it visually I.D.'s in all metal mode for increased depth that's a powerful mode..deep as anything on the street right now in the soil..

the F75 is slightly hotter on smaller targets in the soil..but the T2 has relic affinity .....Both are powerful and very easy to use

Both are Dave Johnson's Designs and both have his Famous DNA style K.I.S.S.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 25, 2017 08:56AM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Part of the cost difference between Standard and L
> td/SE models is down to the 5" DD coil that's norm
> ally included with the latter models.
> If that wasn't included, I doubt many customers wo
> uld consider the extra features worth a lot, maybe
> 100 Dollars? It does surprise me that the new 'Sta
> ndard' models have been reduced in price significa
> ntly, yet the enhanced versions are still rather e
> xpensive (or very expensive if you live in the U.K
> ...).
> The F75 has a significantly wider non-ferrous targ
> et ID range than the T2, which makes it better sui
> ted to coin-hunting, and in my opinion, most types
> of hunting. The T2's iron range is simply too larg
> e, 20 points would be ideal.

I once called the original T2 a one trick pony due to its iron range. The problem in my ground and conditions was that (and I forgot the exact numbers) but, lets say as an example, disc 27 was not enough iron disc and a setting of 28 was too much. As many iron range numbers that it had I felt they hadn't "nailed it", pun intended. The new T2 Classic has it all going for it.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
January 25, 2017 10:31AM
60.39.BP Magic!
January 25, 2017 11:06PM
Thanks everyone for the great replies and helpful suggestions!

This is going to be a really tough decision, as I would also like to hunt coins as well. I have been using an E-Trac as my primary coin machine, but the weight has recently begun to give me some pain in my back, thus I'm afraid I need a lighter machine. The F75 could fill the bill for both coins and relics, but I fear I'll miss the additional target info of the E-Trac on coins.

With the prices so low on the F75 Gold and the T2 Classic, maybe I should just pick-up one of each! LOL They're both great performers.
January 25, 2017 11:17PM
Brierfield Wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the great replies and helpful
> suggestions!
>
> This is going to be a really tough decision, as I
> would also like to hunt coins as well. I have bee
> n using an E-Trac as my primary coin machine, but
> the weight has recently begun to give me some pain
> in my back, thus I'm afraid I need a lighter machi
> ne. The F75 could fill the bill for both coins an
> d relics, but I fear I'll miss the additional targ
> et info of the E-Trac on coins.
>
> With the prices so low on the F75 Gold and the T2
> Classic, maybe I should just pick-up one of each!
> LOL They're both great performers.

The prices aren't set in stone either. The F75 can be had for $500.00 from several dealers.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
January 25, 2017 11:29PM
Yes, I've read that the $500.00 price is being offered by some dealers.

Thanks!
January 25, 2017 11:34PM
You could wait.

You never know,,,A new release by First Texas could come out.

And even if you decided you didn't want one for whatever reason,,,when they do release a new release,,,,,T2s and F75s might get a lot cheaper on the used market.

Just sayin'

Cheers
January 25, 2017 11:46PM
tnss,

Yes, I've considered this, since I've seen recent speculation about a new model from FT.

Does anyone have more news about any new models around the corner??

tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> You could wait.
>
> You never know,,,A new release by First Texas coul
> d come out.
>
> And even if you decided you didn't want one for wh
> atever reason,,,when they do release a new release
> ,,,,,T2s and F75s might get a lot cheaper on the u
> sed market.
>
> Just sayin'
>
> Cheers
January 27, 2017 01:15AM
I liked that the The T2 has a wider VDI scale than The F75
January 27, 2017 02:57AM
Brierfield Wrote

"Yes, I've considered this, since I've seen recent speculation about a new model from FT.

Does anyone have more news about any new models around the corner??"

smiling smiley

things are always changing

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2017 02:59AM by Keith Southern.
January 27, 2017 03:38AM
Keith,

That sounds like a subtle hint to me. winking smiley

But I'm sure you can't spill the beans just yet.

Keith Southern Wrote:
> Brierfield Wrote
>
> "Yes, I've considered this, since I've seen recent
> speculation about a new model from FT.
>
> Does anyone have more news about any new models ar
> ound the corner??"
>
> smiling smiley
>
> things are always changing
>
>
> Keith
January 27, 2017 09:35AM
Brierfield
I have primarily been a coin hunter until now, but want to do more relic hunting going forward.
I used to enjoy Coin Hunting a lot in those earlier years, and I still Coin Hunt when I don't have time to get away to Relic Hunting sites, but once I got hooked on Relic Hunting in early '69, that has been my primary interest and the focus of the bulk of my research. Continue to Coin Hunt, but if you get serious about the switch to Relic Hunting then I think you're going to really enjoy it more-and-more. thumbs down

Brierfield
I've noticed the great prices on the T2 Classic and F75 Gold models and am trying to decide between them.
Of those two I have my preference, but I am curious why you limit your selection between these two 'cousins' and not include some other significant models from other manufacturers? Also, remember to get at least one smaller-size coil to complement whatever detector you finally choose because many/most Relic Hunting sites can have a significant amount of trash, especially iron debris.

Brierfield
My primary questions for those who have used both detectors:

1) Considering that these two detectors are "cousins" sharing a similar platform, is there any significant difference in performance?

2) Are the significantly higher prices of the T2SE and F75SE LTD worth the cost of getting a few extra features (boost and cache). Just how valuable/useful are these features?

3) Does the F75 have a few more settings/features than the T2?

4) I would also like to occasionally use one of these for coin hunting. Would the F75 be better suited for coins than the T2?

Thanks for any help with my "dilemma"!
I have owned both T2's and F75's, and read your questions. Let me just tell you that I don't care for the F75 when comparing these two models, and have had much better success afield with the T2's, especially with the 5" DD coil mounted for most of the hunting I did (and do).

I have used other Fisher and Teknetics models, and at the time I used my last two T2 'Classic's I also had a White's MXT All-Pro which is another competitive model for Relic Hunting. The MXT A-P was, at the time, my #1 use detector generally, but I favored the T2 'Classic' w/5" DD for most of my iron littered relic sites, and it remained my favorite for those tasks until things changes and the T2's and MXT A-P and Omega 8000 and other models were replaced.

Brierfield
I've considered this, since I've seen recent speculation about a new model from FT.

Does anyone have more news about any new models around the corner??
Are you asking about 'new models' from only FT? Have you considered 'newer' models since the time you registered on TD's Forums in March of 2015? I know some of those could be in excellent condition and available for a very good price as a gently used detector, and many times they will have one or two extra search coils with them.

As for anything 'NEW' coming out, YES! Somebody is going to have to have something NEW because that's how things work in this industry. Detector makers have to stay in business by monitoring the consumer's wants and needs, then figuring out how to bring things to market to capture their fair share of the business. There's no doubt in my mind that several manufacturers ought to bring a new product release to market in the first half of 2017, and I can only hope they have all put in ample time with outside evaluations and input to get things right rather than 'rush-to-market' a product that is not well tested and proven to perform first. We saw that from one major manufacturer just last year, and offering the consumers a detector that is very glitchy wasn't very 'sporting' of them, in my opinion. winking smiley

If you are itching to buy a detector immediately and it is between the two models you asked about, I'll put my vote in favor of the Teknetics T2 'Classic' and get the 5" DD coil to go with it.

If you're more open to other Relic Hunting models with ample versatility for Coin Hunting as well, then I can assure you there are some excellent offerings to pick from.

And if $$$ isn't burning a hole in your pocket, maybe hang on for another month or two and see what might come out in the way of 'NEW' detector offerings for 2017.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher-1, Makro-1, Minelab-1, Nokta-1, Tesoro-2, White's-1
Garrett MS-3 -- Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
January 28, 2017 03:26AM
Jackpine Wrote:
> Brierfield Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks everyone for the great replies and helpfu
> l
> > suggestions!
> >
> > This is going to be a really tough decision, as
> I
> > would also like to hunt coins as well. I have b
> ee
> > n using an E-Trac as my primary coin machine, bu
> t
> > the weight has recently begun to give me some pa
> in
> > in my back, thus I'm afraid I need a lighter mac
> hi
> > ne. The F75 could fill the bill for both coins
> an
> > d relics, but I fear I'll miss the additional ta
> rg
> > et info of the E-Trac on coins.
> >
> > With the prices so low on the F75 Gold and the T
> 2
> > Classic, maybe I should just pick-up one of each
> !
> > LOL They're both great performers.
>
> The prices aren't set in stone either. The F75 ca
> n be had for $500.00 from several dealers.

Seemed to good to be true but I now have mine on the way..
$500.00 F75 with DST and fa mode,,thanks Jackpine

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2017 03:27AM by supertraq.
January 28, 2017 12:03PM
woodchiphustler Wrote:
> 60.39.BP Magic!

Please decode eye popping smiley
January 28, 2017 10:56PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> woodchiphustler Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 60.39.BP Magic!
>
>
> Please decode eye popping smiley

He used to hunt with a T2. That was his favorite settings. 60 sensitivity, 39 disc. BP mode. He did real good with those settings.