Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Minelab Gold Monster 1000 gold detector

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Minelab Gold Monster 1000 gold detector
February 09, 2017 08:34PM
Looks like two models combined

[www.facebook.com]

[trademarks.justia.com]
Re: New Minelab Gold Monster 1000 gold detector
February 09, 2017 11:05PM
If I may...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 10, 2017 12:19AM
February 10, 2017 01:49AM
Looks interesting - fully automatic - aimed at African gold seekers - where the money is!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 10, 2017 02:08AM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks interesting

Heh... that's what you say instead of, "Ma'am, your baby sure is ugly."
February 10, 2017 02:29AM
Seriously?

I know looks aren't everything but it looks like a $89.00 kids detector to me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
February 10, 2017 03:56AM
Anybody knows the actual price ?? if is more than $100 with that LCD panel that looks like kids metal detector it will be too expensive...but just wondering about the price..!!??? anybody..
February 10, 2017 04:25AM
Its minelab so whatever price you'd guess and double it.
$999?

The name and go find style are not doing them any favors thats for sure.

I'd much rather see something from nokta/makro or fisher/teknetics. They seem to get it in the ergo and design department.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 04:36AM by detectingMO.
February 10, 2017 04:33AM
Some vendors are taking pre-orders at $799!
February 10, 2017 04:48AM
well, $799 would be way too expensive with only 2 frequency, and seems that it doesn't have discrimination, so if you are in a Mineralized area, this detector will go crazy, Minelab sometimes seems to me that they believe they have something that other detectors doesn't have, but they all have the basic functions, and this one has only like 2 frequencies and VLF! therefore, it seems that is good to find mostly big nuggets, and in my experience, yes...its ok to find good size nuggets, but they are found too fast and if you need to find them deeper you will need better frequency, but the "meat" of the gold is in the small little pieces that are found so much often ...and for that you'll probably need a very good VLF with great Gain and balance and / or a PI detector. so it seems to me they tried to create a "go-find" kind of detector for the AGM (Artisanal Gold Miners) as they call it, and the "go-find" was a big failure for them....$799 ..naahh!! way 2 much!!....only my humble opinion.
February 10, 2017 05:15AM
I also heard $799. it's running at 45 kHz and it's replacing the eureka gold. Looks water resistant ?

John
February 10, 2017 11:16AM
Aw shucks, thought I would get one for my friends son, now that I saw the price was over $175, I'll pass.
Guess the Africans have the cash after finding gold nuggets with the GF2 can now afford a Minelab.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 10, 2017 11:28AM
Doubt that is water resistant, all minelab coils are not water resistant, only ctx3030 and the underwater detectors. but gold and treasure hunting detectors...never, that's why they were working with Coil Manufacturer Coiltek...but they also bailed out of Minelab last year, and now are bigger by themselves...hopefully Minelab had this coil water resistant otherwise is another less value it has for such a high price point.
February 10, 2017 01:55PM
It would be unwise to underestimate ML's ability to design a good gold detector. Judging by the specs on a site in OZ, it seems to be a single frequency 45 kHz detector with a "probability of gold" indication rather than discrimination. Since the operation is described as automatic some form of automatic ground tracking is probably included – given all that it seems To resemble a whites GMT As far as frequency, limited discrimination and automatic ground balance. Unlike the whites of course it's lightweight and also unlike the whites it has no user controls.

As far as discrimination - Artisanal miners (the new PC term for desperately poor people hunting for gold) have lots of picks and shovels, lots of helpers and lots of time and energy. When the detector beeps, they dig. Discrimination? If they find scrap metal, that's another income source! I'm not kidding. I lived in countries where even a bent nail is a resource.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 03:55PM by lytle78.
February 10, 2017 02:06PM
Best not to judge a book by its cover. Minelab seems to have more gold units out there than most other manufactures?
Geotech, how many gold machines has your company put out?
February 10, 2017 03:35PM
Don't know if "Geotek" - Carl Moreland - who is at First Texas - will post, but meanwhile here are the ones that they make that I can think of.

Teknetics T2 - a top seller in Africa - of imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, this detector has been widely pirated - including by the thing calling itself GF2.
Fisher Gold Bug Pro - another top seller in Africa
Teknetics G2
Fisher F75
Fisher Gold Bug 2 - nothing finds sub-grain gold better
Fisher F19
Teknetics G2+

Except for the Gold Bug 2, the other detectors are dual-purpose - 13 - 19 kHz detectors suitable for a wide variety of uses and highly capable of finding gold nuggets down to sub-grain size.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 03:38PM by lytle78.
February 10, 2017 04:34PM
goldnugget Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doubt that is water resistant, all minelab coils a
> re not water resistant, only ctx3030 and the under
> water detectors. ......

Not true; at a minimum, the Safari/eTrac coil family are waterproof. Been there, done that. still functioning.
February 10, 2017 10:26PM
Same as for the x-terra coils, all waterproof aside from the gold coil which is only water resistant. My Explorer coil has spent many hours submerged underwater.

No doubt it is going up against XP's Depar DPR600, good to see they got the weight down to 1.3kg for a change. Looks like the large battery compartment for the 8 AA's might double as a carrying handle.
February 10, 2017 10:54PM
[md-hunter.com]

A read on this model

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 10:55PM by Datawave.