Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Good News For Tesoro - Bad News For Those Wanting A Mojave

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Good News For Tesoro - Bad News For Those Wanting A Mojave
February 14, 2017 10:40PM
Most of the dealers sold all of the Mojave detectors that they just received and are now starting to put their customers on a back order list. Tesoro only has enough parts for a another short production run. There may not be enough Mojave detectors to go around for those on a waiting list. It gets worse, once Tesoro runs out of production parts to build the Mojave it could take months to get all the parts ordered and in from its vendors for another production run.

If you know of any dealer who has any Mojave detectors in stock, please let others know.

tabman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2017 11:14PM by tabman.
Re: Good News For Tesoro - Bad News For Those Wanting A Mojave
February 14, 2017 10:53PM
If this is true, the first production run must have been small to sell out this fast.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
February 14, 2017 11:04PM
Jackpine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If this is true, the first production run m
> ust have been small to sell out this fast.
>
> Tom

You could be right about Tesoro underestimating the demand of the Mojave. The thing that I know for FACT........... it's one hot little detector at any price.

From what I've been hearing and reading from the dealers the Mojave is in short supply and they want more.

tabman
February 14, 2017 11:23PM
"So I ordered just in time...got the last one from the first production run shipment to my Distributor.
Next supply 'late March'...

Why did I want one when I have several machines in the trunk of my car and languishing in my closet?
it's got 'je ne sais quoi' and I haven't read a single User report yet! It's gonna be a classic!

Sometimes, all you need at a gun fight is good aim! Doesn't matter the caliber size!"

It'll definitely suit my sites!"
February 15, 2017 12:26AM
Last time I looked there was one left on FeeBay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2017 12:27AM by Cabin Fever.
February 15, 2017 02:23AM
Bad move on Tesoros part because the need to have,must have now will be gone.
Still single tone beep and dig,has it's place but not in my future.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
February 15, 2017 02:49AM
Nothing really new is that all they can come up with??

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 15, 2017 03:22AM
I believe that the reason the demand is so high is because the Mojave is basically a Compadre on steroids. Anyone who has used Tesoros and particularly the Compadre knows that it is a machine that is very hard to beat for good targets in the shallow range. Many people have paid for their compadres tenfold because they flat out hunt. Tabman and I snagged one immediately and we have been very successful with them so far. I used it today in a iron infested rail camp and found many good items including a 1898 indian. I have hit these camps many times with multiple high end machines and Tesoros. The Mojave is fun lime the Compadre just more power.lol
February 15, 2017 10:49AM
The "Alpha Goat" got his! BAhBABhABAHA! Looks like a winner for nail infested colonial sites. Will put it to the proof soon! Until we meet again!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2017 08:28AM by woodchiphustler.
February 15, 2017 11:04AM
woodchiphustler Wrote:
> The "Alpha Goat" got his! BAhBABhABAHA! Looks like
> a winner for nail infested colonial sites. Will pu
> t it to the pro soon! Until we meet again!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Hey George---Hello there!---Your back!
February 15, 2017 01:30PM
woodchiphustler Wrote:
> The "Alpha Goat" got his! BAhBABhABAHA! Looks like
> a winner for nail infested colonial sites. Will pu
> t it to the pro soon! Until we meet again!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

You hit the nail squarely on the head. I noticed right off how smoothly the Mojave ran right up next to a house that was loaded with nails close its foundation. Mostly old roofing nails left over from when the house was re-roofed several times. A place that I don't normally like to detect. With the Mojave I was easily pulling coins out from the bed of nails. I set the discrimination just high enough to discriminate out a common iron nail and it was smooth sailing.

One other thing, I'm not a relic hunter, but I did notice how well the Mojave was hitting on really small deep non-ferrous targets. It should work great for finding buttons.

tabman
February 16, 2017 08:29AM
tabman Wrote:
> woodchiphustler Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The "Alpha Goat" got his! BAhBABhABAHA! Looks li
> ke
> > a winner for nail infested colonial sites. Will
> pu
> > t it to the pro soon! Until we meet again!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
>
> You hit the nail squarely on the head. I noticed r
> ight off how smoothly the Mojave ran right up next
> to a house that was loaded with nails close its fo
> undation. Mostly old roofing nails left over from
> when the house was re-roofed several times. A plac
> e that I don't normally like to detect. With the M
> ojave I was easily pulling coins out from the bed
> of nails. I set the discrimination just high enoug
> h to discriminate out a common iron nail and it wa
> s smooth sailing.
>
> One other thing, I'm not a relic hunter, but I did
> notice how well the Mojave was hitting on really s
> mall deep non-ferrous targets. It should work grea
> t for finding buttons.
>
> tabman

The Old Buttondigger likes this!
February 16, 2017 08:45AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> woodchiphustler Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The "Alpha Goat" got his! BAhBABhABAHA! Looks li
> ke
> > a winner for nail infested colonial sites. Will
> pu
> > t it to the pro soon! Until we meet again!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
>
>
> Hey George---Hello there!---Your back!

Like Burger King! Only for a limited time!
February 16, 2017 04:39PM
February 25, 2017 04:35PM
I think Tesoro is pulling an old sales trick on people with this limited quantity thing. My mom used to own a store and would sell the fire out of items. They would order a bunch of whatever it was...say it was a drill set or something. And then place an advertisement ad for them in the local paper or on the radio to be on sale. They wouldn't put any out on the shelf. When customers would come in asking for "the drill set" they would say something like "I think we just sold our last one. Let me go "in the back" and check and see to make sure. We might have one more left....and back in the back is a whole pallet full of the things. They would go get one and bring it back to the front, saying "you are in luck...I found one more" and 9.9 out of 10 people would buy it right then. This is what I'm seeing on the forums. The dealers are getting in limited supplies...batches of 4 or 5 units. People are grabbing them up quickly. Then a few days later, another shipment of them has came in, and they have the "last ones for a while". Tesoro probably has a whole warehouse full of them "in the back" lol
February 25, 2017 05:28PM
No they haven't...they're SERiously out of components... used happen frequently when I with moon lab.
March 05, 2017 01:10AM
Daniel, your mom knew how important it is to put that feeling of urgency in the customer's mind. I enjoyed reading that story about the psychology of selling.

But that's not what Tesoro is doing here.

Rusty Henry is one of the legends of this business and he is a straight shooter. He told me that there are 300 Mojave units on backorder. Apparently Vince Gifford underestimated demand when purchasing the initial components for manufacture.
March 05, 2017 01:24AM
I'm not seeing the demand for them. Mine has been for sale with blank warranty card for a week. Not even a nibble.
March 05, 2017 01:51AM
Everything that I've said so far has turned out to be true. I knew when I first read the specs that it was going to be one hot little detector and I ordered one immediately. No detector that I own or have owned can out hunt the Mojave in a bed of nails. Tesoro knock this one out of the park! This $251.10 detector can hunt and is super fun to use!

tabman
March 05, 2017 01:54AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I'm not seeing the demand for them. Mine has been
> for sale with blank warranty card for a week. Not
> even a nibble.

A little word of advice, the warranty is only valid for the original buyer, a blank warranty card means nothing for the second owner.
March 05, 2017 03:22AM
tabman Wrote:
> Everything that I've said so far has turned out to
> be true. I knew when I first read the specs that i
> t was going to be one hot little detector and I or
> dered one immediately. No detector that I own or h
> ave owned can out hunt the Mojave in a bed of nail
> s. Tesoro knock this one out of the park! This $25
> 1.10 detector can hunt and is super fun to use!
>
> tabman

I think the Mojave will hunt a bed of nails like most other Tesoro's will.
I could see no difference on the nail board test between my Mojave and other Tesoro's other than it was a little slower than the Bandido uMax.

My Conquistador, Golden uMax, Amigo II and Macro Gold Racer all pass your 2 Nails and a dime test.
If my Cibola was here at the house to test as well as the Bandido I just sold, I'm sure they would pass that test too..

The Mojave is just another variation of all the other 5 pin Tesoro's with a new twist. A Ground Condition switch and maybe a little more depth
with the exception of my Conquistador.

Bryan
March 05, 2017 04:04AM
I pick one up from Chuck, Indian Nations yesterday . If l remember right thought he said he had a couple left. grinning smiley
March 05, 2017 04:17AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> even a nibble.

Maybe tabman will buy it? Lol.
March 05, 2017 06:48AM
Same old song,,,just a new pitch man

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
March 05, 2017 01:20PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> even a nibble.

Where all do you have your used Mojave listed and how much are you asking for it shipped? The 'lifetime' warranty is for the original purchaser only. The warranty card is just paper to everyone else. Just one trip into Tesoro for service will cost a minimum of $50 dollars to anyone who is not the original owner, so what are you asking for your Mojave? I bought a Racer 2 and it wasn't my cup of tea so I sold it. I also bought a bunch of other detectors, gave them a try and sold them as well. Not everyone likes the same thing. On a final thought, there could be something wrong with your Mojave and that's the reason you don't like it. I'll take a chance and give you $150 shipped for it, because I've been thinking about getting another Mojave and sending it in to be tuned to another larger search coil that I have. I figure the lifetime warranty is worth at least $100. dollars. That small amount of loss is a drop in the bucket compared to the loss that you'd take on one of those high dollar detectors if decide that one of them is not your cup of tea.

tabman