Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Officer Down

Posted by Suncoast Wally 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Officer Down
February 22, 2011 02:55PM
Officer Dave Crawford of the St. Petersburg Police Dept. was shot and killed last night while investigating a suspicious person call.
This is the third officer killed in St. Petersburg in the last month. My request is that you keep his family and friends in your hearts and
prayers as they struggle through the grief of losing their husband, father and friend. He had 25 years on and was eligible for pension.

Suncoast Wally
Sergeant, St. Petersburg Police Retired.
Re: Officer Down
February 22, 2011 03:13PM
cop killer!..no place to "hide" in this world!
may the good lord hold the family in his most "merciful" hand
during,and after this most difficult time!

j.t.
February 23, 2011 01:18AM
Wally, did you know him?
February 23, 2011 02:11AM
Hey Wally. You, your department, and your families are in our hearts and in our prayers. And thank all of you "good guys" for the great work that you do and your never ending contributions to the safety of all of us. John McCann
February 23, 2011 02:16AM
So sad. It's another thankless job. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family AND fellow officers!

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie
February 23, 2011 02:35AM
sorry to hear that wally!!!!!! hope the police can get control of things! prayers said for his family and all police officers down there.
chuck.
February 23, 2011 03:39AM
I used to go to St Pete with family as a kid in the 70's & 80's, it was always so nice and quiet there.
Sorry to here that.
February 23, 2011 03:39PM
Tom,

No I didn't know him personally. I retired before he came on but had met him at some function a few years ago. Sandy did know him since she worked during the time he was on. He was a good guy and well liked by a lot of people that he had worked with and served! He will be missed. Another tough funeral to go to. The funeral for the two officers killed in January had 15,000 in attendance including officers from all over the country and Canada. Once you become a police officer you enter a brotherhood that knows no boundary!

Florida has had 9 officers killed in the line of duty since the start of the year, more than any other state and we don't know why!

Thanks all for the words of condolence and unity.

Suncoast Wally
February 23, 2011 11:41PM
Wow! Interesting data; albeit not-so-good. Hearts and prayers your way.
February 27, 2011 01:38AM
wally, local news up here reported that a 16 year old was arrested for this shooting. correct?
chuck.
February 27, 2011 09:21PM
Seeker,
That is correct and as usual some people are trying to paint the innocent little boy picture. Although it is tragic when someone that young does something stupid, My Space pics have turned up with him in a known gang in his housing developement, one with a big wad of money in his mouth and him pointing his hand at the camera like he was shooting a gun. He has a rap sheet with 2 stolen cars against him as well as other lesser offenses. Don't know where his folks.were at while all this was going on. I know when I was 16 I sure didn't have that much money, in fact I have a tough time finding that much now!!!

Tuesday is the funeral and I will be there along with my fellow Marines from my Marine Corps League in our class A unfiforms to show our respect. and solidarity Of course since I retired from the St. Pete Police Dept. I must be there for moral support and humble condolences to Officer Crawford's family. We are anticipating another large crowd and if there is anything good to come from this it will be the public inderstanding that a poilcemans job is not always fun!!!

Suncoast Wally
Sergeant, St. Petersburg Police retired
February 27, 2011 10:04PM
"people are trying to paint the innocent little boy picture"

yes, up here they said he was crying and claimed gun went off accidentally.....three or four shots?? i did feel sorry for his dad. his rap sheet and previous troubles were kind of glossed over. i am very politically incorrect because in my way of thinking and believe the lack of consequences in early childhood, the schools, and even in the justice system and then the ensuing results could easily be fixed, but pc culture rules!!! anyway....glad they got him!!!!!!!
chuck.
February 28, 2011 12:40AM
He will be tried as an adult. And rightly so. Little b******. I believe in what I see in the world around me, not some touchy feely PC crap.
March 23, 2011 02:28PM
One of the worst ailments you can have is the Blue Flu and this little thug wanna be has just been diagnosed with this terminal illness.