Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need your help deciding

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Need your help deciding
March 05, 2017 02:48PM
Normally I have a detector picked out that I want to try but don't have the funds to get it. Now I have some extra money and can not decide what to get. I am strictly a coin & jewelry hunter in school grounds,parks,etc.never any beach hunting. I did want to try a ForsCore but can get a Racer at dealer cost since I sell them and I hear the Core & Racer are very similar. I also sell Tesoro and am also strongly considering a Vaquero. So the deal is do I get a Vaquero or a Racer for my type of hunting. Or do any of you have a better idea or hase something that you would like to sell that would work for me. I value all your thoughts & opinions. Thank you! Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2017 02:49PM by SkiWhiz.
Re: Need your help deciding
March 05, 2017 03:40PM
Steve, I can't wait until you get a chance to swing a Mojave. Between the Vaquero and Racer, I still own the Vaquero.

tabman
March 05, 2017 03:44PM
Hi Gerald, I am going to get my wife a Mojave. I might even let her use it once in awhile.
March 05, 2017 04:10PM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I am strictly a coin & jewelry hunter in school
> grounds,parks,etc.never any beach hunting.
> k you! Steve

I am exactly the same and my G2+ (now with NEL sharpshooter) rocks....buy the Z-Lynk wireless setup to got with it....

you WILL find some gold/silver jewelry if it's there...

and kill the USA clad, '87' ? well, pick up your quarter....
March 05, 2017 04:48PM
Edit Double post

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2017 04:56PM by Cabin Fever.
March 05, 2017 04:51PM
Detector choice is a pretty personal decision.
With the type of hunting and locations you described, and the detectors you mentioned,
either one of the Racers would be my choice. Not even a close decision for me.

Bryan
March 05, 2017 05:55PM
I've had both the Vaquero and Racer abd still own the Vaq. The Vaq is really good in bad soil and is one of my deepest machines next to the CTX, Deus and CZ6a. The Racer was terrible in my soil but do own the Nokta Relic which is real nice.
March 05, 2017 07:00PM
Get You a Tesoro Outlaw like Hombre. He says they are best thing since sliced bread! Oh' that's rite You had one. Nevermind.
March 05, 2017 07:14PM
Harold,IL. Wrote:
> Get You a Tesoro Outlaw like Hombre. He says they
> are best thing since sliced bread! Oh' that's rite
> You had one. Nevermind.
That's right I did, I was the first one to have one as I was the field tester for it.
March 05, 2017 11:35PM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
Normally I have a detector picked out that I want to try but don't have the funds to get it.
Now I have some extra money and can not decide what to get.
Steve

***************************************************************************************************
Hey Ski,

I remember you from way back.
I know the kind of hunting you do and I think you should consider looking at these machines.......

A couple of those machines can switch back and forth between two frequencies.
I kinda like that one machine that will operate at 7Khz and 14Khz.

I'll be honest, after I trim down the machines I have, I am buying one of these machines.

http://piratedetectors.com/products.php?p=2

http://piratedetectors.com/productItem.php?id=24

https://www.detectorstreasures.co.uk/

I think that last link, those guys offer free shipping.
(either them of another place)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2017 11:36PM by SandMan.
March 06, 2017 02:24AM
You know Tesoro's are a pleasure to use in iron. That would be my choice.

Rick
March 06, 2017 03:38AM
The black Vaquero with 11x8 dd is pretty nice, steve. Knowing your style that would be my choice. Add a 5.75 concentric as well. Wish they did the black ones with high tone.
March 06, 2017 05:35AM
detectingMO Wrote:
> The black Vaquero with 11x8 dd is pretty nice, ste
> ve. Knowing your style that would be my choice.
> Add a 5.75 concentric as well. Wish they did the
> black ones with high tone.
That is exactly what I think that I am going to do. I have eliminated my other choices but have one more to consider (the T2 w/ stock & 5" coil) I thank all of you for your suggestions.
March 06, 2017 07:01AM
detectingMO Wrote:

You can get a new Vaquero converted to high tone for $15. Takes about a week. smoking smiley

Dirty ol' Digger
March 06, 2017 08:14AM
I use a UK version of the Vaquero called the 'Laser Trident 11 Extreme' this has the high tone done and running at 18khz,only thing i did not like about the setup was the 11x8 WS coil,that came off and has never been used and in its place it has the NEL Snake(Cors Shrew) coil on it and that wont come off,wont be used a every day detector,but great for really trashy roman/saxon sites and getting in between the stubble when the crops come off.

Also like and use the T2 with the Sharpshooter coil and 5'' coil as well,that 5'' coil for its size is pretty deep.
March 06, 2017 03:14PM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
> detectingMO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The black Vaquero with 11x8 dd is pretty nice, s
> te
> > ve. Knowing your style that would be my choice.
> > Add a 5.75 concentric as well. Wish they did t
> he
> > black ones with high tone.
> That is exactly what I think that I am going to do
> . I have eliminated my other choices but have one
> more to consider (the T2 w/ stock & 5" coil) I tha
> nk all of you for your suggestions.

I don't like how the T2 falses high tones on nails. Very same unit Keith praises in iron calls rusty old nails quarters in my soil. At least with the 5" on one particular hunt my wife and I went on. (youtube evidence. smiling smiley )
March 06, 2017 03:54PM
Craig

What does your ground read on the T2/ F75? I never get more than 2 bars in my area, usually less and the T2 C was fine at old sites with nails.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
March 06, 2017 04:08PM
Jackpine Wrote:
> Craig
>
> What does your ground read on the T2/ F75? I nev
> er get more than 2 bars in my area, usually less a
> nd the T2 C was fine at old sites with nails.
>
> Tom

Typically the same. This was a really old church though and I'll admit GB was probably not optimum due to amount of trash. Granted most of the iron digging was my wife but it was fooling me at times too with various tests. However, I didn't have headphones one to get the complete audio signature. Either way, at this site, it was no where near in the same league as the MX Sport in handling it. MX Sport cut right through the iron with no falsing issues at all. It is however a heavy detector, so it's gone now as well. smiling smiley Not a fan of it's tones either.
March 06, 2017 04:57PM
Thanks for the info.

I have always wanted a good fresh water machine but so far none of them have ticked the right boxes for me either due to ergonomics or coils that have too much drag for swinging in water for hours. Too bad the MXS fails on that.

Will stick to modded land VLF's for now.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
March 06, 2017 05:18PM
SkiWhiz quote " I am strictly a coin & jewelry hunter in school grounds,parks,etc.never any beach hunting."

I have nothing against Tesoro's. I have several of them but I would not want to use one under those conditions.
I think of Tesoro detectors as more of a relic hunting or nail infested old site hunting detector.
Sure schools and parks have some iron but they are not usually a huge problem,and yes a Vaquero or Mojave can be used in a park
for that type hunting, but I think there are better choices. If your trying to keep it low budget maybe an Omega 8000?
Otherwise, like I said in my previous post. I would choose either Racer over any Tesoro for the type of places you hunt and the
things you are looking for.
Just my opinion.
Bryan
March 06, 2017 05:38PM
detectingMO Wrote:
I was wondering, Other than Color any difference in New Vaquero over older Blue Model? Thanks.
March 06, 2017 08:48PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> detectingMO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The black Vaquero with 11x8 dd is pretty nice, s
> te
> > ve. Knowing your style that would be my choice.
> > Add a 5.75 concentric as well. Wish they did t
> he
> > black ones with high tone.
> I was wondering, Other than Color any difference i
> n New Vaquero over older Blue Model? Thanks. As far as I know the only difference is the color and the DD coil that comes with it. Specs. here [www.tesoro.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2017 08:49PM by SkiWhiz.
March 06, 2017 09:52PM
Vaquero is great, but the T2 classic is the cats pajamas.
March 06, 2017 10:25PM
F75 Gold with DST will fit your bill, SkiWhiz,

Put a little bit more cash into the game and pick one up. You will resell the other two you are looking at real quick, but the F75 will keep you happy until you can send it in for the upgrade to LTD status next spring.

HH
Mike
March 06, 2017 11:27PM
Steve, if you wait for a while Tesoro may have another new model coming along. I think the Conquistador and the Eldorado came out about the same time, and the Cibola, Vaquero and Tejon were all within a year or so. So maybe Tesoro has a high end model to follow the Mojave. Hope so.
March 06, 2017 11:32PM
Shenandoah Digger Wrote:
> Steve, if you wait for a while Tesoro may have ano
> ther new model coming along. I think the Conquist
> ador and the Eldorado came out about the same time
> , and the Cibola, Vaquero and Tejon were all withi
> n a year or so. So maybe Tesoro has a high end mo
> del to follow the Mojave. Hope so.
I am thinking that there could very well be another Tesoro model. I wanted to get something while I have some extra cash.
March 07, 2017 01:05AM
Buy a Teknetics T2 Classic and learn it Steve there's not many other machines that can out perform it on the market these days and it has DST built in. I never thought I would find a machine that could out perform the Garrett AT Gold I had but the T2 Classic does it and then some. I know you had a T2 original they are nothing a like the classic is so quite it feels like your hunting with a silent search Tesoro.
March 07, 2017 03:14PM
The T2 Classic is the machine Tesoro never built.

March 07, 2017 05:06PM
So there is that big a difference between the T2 classic and the Original? Had the Original when first came out and didn't like it. Does it Have Modulated Audio?
If so adjustable? This should Help Ski also. Lol.
March 07, 2017 09:30PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> So there is that big a difference between the T2 c
> lassic and the Original? Had the Original when fir
> st came out and didn't like it. Does it Have Modul
> ated Audio?
> If so adjustable? This should Help Ski also. Lol.

Yeah Harold they are night and day different the T2 Classic is as quiet as a church mouse where as the original was a chatty machine and I found very few places that EMI wouldn't drive it nuts. Yes it has modulated audio and I don't think it's adjustable other than adjusting your sensitivity setting. Jackpine said it best it is the machine Tesoro never built. These T2 Classics are very deep and very quiet.