Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Show Impact videos with no editing

Posted by deadeye 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Show Impact videos with no editing
March 12, 2017 12:15PM
I would like to see videos that show actual hunts, rather then videos showing an isolated target being scanned. I want to see if it struggles in lots of trash or can separate the targets good. I would rather watch 25 minutes of video with only a few items found, than see 30 items found without showing what the detector actually does like hunting in trash.

I can base a decision of purchasing a detector or not with better videos, that show actual hunts.
Re: Show Impact videos with no editing
March 12, 2017 12:20PM
Always enjoy your videos. Txquest
March 13, 2017 01:28AM
Is there anyone that has the Impact that can film an actual hunt? With the videos that are shown they show NOTHING!!!! I want to see a good video, with what being shown is targets being found. Without showing finding targets, how am I to believe the target as not planted.

I find nothing wrong with the people that have the Impact or doing videos, I just want to see good videos that don't look as if they are staged.
March 13, 2017 02:01AM
Unfortunately none of us testers here have the newest/latest/greatest high tech/high dollar head mounted/detector mounted video cams given to us for free by a bunch of sponsors to use like Aquachigger and some of those other youTube guys with 100,000 followers and I'm not spending $500 on all the BS just to make videos that get nothing but criticized anyway,

we all use cell phones and you can't film with one while swinging a detector in one hand and carrying a shovel in the other and I'm not going to leave my shovel 50 to 100 yrds away until I come across 1 single target in a mix of crap that could take a 1/2 hr to find and then have to walk back to get my shovel just to turn around and walk back to where the target is and then have to re-find it just to dig something you have no clue as to what it is just because someone here (or anywhere for that matter) doesn't like the way I/we do/make the videos that we do (then repeat the process over and over) PLUS THEN have hrs of video footage to have to upload after cutting most of it out so that it will actually upload on youtube in less than 6 hrs

tell some sponsors/manufactures to send us some good/free video cams we can head mount for field use and I'll make a few vids as you describe
March 13, 2017 03:48AM
Strap the cell phone to your chest with some spit and glue hahaha
March 13, 2017 08:20AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortunately none of us testers here have the new
> est/latest/greatest high tech/high dollar head mou
> nted/detector mounted video cams given to us for f
> ree by a bunch of sponsors to use like Aquachigger
> and some of those other youTube guys with 100,000
> followers and I'm not spending $500 on all the BS
> just to make videos that get nothing but criticize
> d anyway,
>
> we all use cell phones and you can't film with one
> while swinging a detector in one hand and carrying
> a shovel in the other and I'm not going to leave m
> y shovel 50 to 100 yrds away until I come across 1
> single target in a mix of crap that could take a 1
> /2 hr to find and then have to walk back to get my
> shovel just to turn around and walk back to where
> the target is and then have to re-find it just to
> dig something you have no clue as to what it is ju
> st because someone here (or anywhere for that matt
> er) doesn't like the way I/we do/make the videos t
> hat we do (then repeat the process over and over)
> PLUS THEN have hrs of video footage to have to upl
> oad after cutting most of it out so that it will a
> ctually upload on youtube in less than 6 hrs
>
> tell some sponsors/manufactures to send us some go
> od/free video cams we can head mount for field use
> and I'll make a few vids as you describe

Why do a video, if you are not going to show the detectors strengths or weaknesses? Back the written words with something we can see.
March 13, 2017 10:51AM
Demanding, distrustful, skeptical you are deadeye. If you don't believe these trusted long time forum members reports.....you won't/shouldn't believe anyone's.
wjs
March 13, 2017 12:36PM
I have made some short videos of me actually using it in some local parks. I did not get too carried away and do a bunch comparing targets or anything but you can get an idea of how it works. Click on the links below to watch the videos.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 12:49PM by wjs.
March 13, 2017 12:39PM
I agree that a cut scene with "look what I dug and its sitting right on the plug" does nothing to show the abilities of a detector. However, the testers are not professional videographers either. They do the best they can with what they have and I for one, appreciate the hard work that they do in testing a new machine.
March 13, 2017 12:41PM
That's what I want to see too. I want to see how the detector reacts and works.

I'm not complaining it's just the kind of videos I like.

Rick
March 13, 2017 04:08PM
I am not skeptical or distrustful, I just want to see videos of actual hunts. Show that or just show pictures, then I don't have to log in to youtube to see nothing but isolated or dug targets. I have seen a lot of Keith's videos that show hunting and locating targets, then digging them.
March 14, 2017 03:47PM
I won't make a two hour long video but I can make you with one video from start to finish searching and finding a target I want to dig and digging it. Maybe just one full target hunt so you can hear it...how does that sound? I won't edit but it will only be maybe 7 minutes long??? Get your requests in before this Saturday..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 14, 2017 03:56PM
That sounds good, a couple targets in/near iron shown from different angles of approach would suffice.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2017 03:57PM by Jackpine.
March 14, 2017 11:38PM
Also would like to see Gen (d) (all metal/iron audio) hunt that way.

Thanks,
Rick
March 15, 2017 01:22AM
I would like to see a video with mixed mode, with a target close to trash. Most of the targets I find are in lots of trash, making most targets impossible to use the pinpoint trigger on.