Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looks like the Teknetics website is up

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looks like the Teknetics website is up
March 30, 2017 10:38PM
[www.tekneticst2.com]

say's with dealer coupon code you can get a Patriot for 399.00 and that's with the the Biaxial...seems to be 450.00 less than the F-70 with same coil!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Looks like the Teknetics website is up
March 30, 2017 11:55PM
Yep, F70 last call for dealer and distro orders is tomorrow. Its going away as well as f4 and f5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2017 11:56PM by detectingMO.
March 31, 2017 02:47AM
what a slow company to come out with a new machine

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 31, 2017 02:54AM
Hey Lawrenzo, you gotta give them Texas Boys an A+ for repackaging and marketing.
March 31, 2017 03:30AM
The AmeriTek line is new. It's true that these are not new machines, the Minuteman (Eurotek Pro), the Liberator (Land Ranger Pro) and the Patriot (F-70) are all existing First Texas designs - one from each of their brands - namely Teknetics, Bounty Hunter and Fisher. So what's new about it?

A lot. These three machines were chosen from the range of detectors they make because each of them are widely recognized as offering outstanding perfromance for the price. Now they have been gathered into a new "sub-brand" under Teknetics. By itself, that's no big deal, just a matter of new faceplates and such. What is new and IS a big deal - is that for the first time a major detector manufacturer is offering their product direct to the detector community via a factory website.

They have found a way to include dealers like Craig (detectingMO) in the effort via the discount code arrangement which allows them to refer customers to the site and be compensated for that. Likewise they have appointed "special representatives" who also have unique individual discount codes. The plan seems to be to maintain and grow the support system created by dealers and other enthusiastic folks - who share knowledge and experience have created through - social media amd personal interaction.

As far as I know, this is a first in the metal detector world. I expect that as time goes by, they will develop further this concept of "consultative marketing". I think it qualifies as something new.

New machines will be released when they are ready. When will that be? None of us know.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 31, 2017 05:40AM
detectingMO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep, F70 last call for dealer and distro orders is
> tomorrow. Its going away as well as f4 and f5.

thumbs down
March 31, 2017 07:17AM
My Question is did they work the DST into the Ameritek Patriot like the T2 Classic has if so it's going to be a heck of a machine. I had a F70 and I didn't care for it due to its chattiness.
March 31, 2017 08:38AM
F70=Patriot=F70 -no difference except the coil.

Now - has the F70 had any "tweaks" simce it was imtroduced to reduce any "chat" - I don't know.

Rick Kempf
March 31, 2017 09:06AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> The AmeriTek line is new. It's true that these are
> not new machines, the Minuteman (Eurotek Pro), the
> Liberator (Land Ranger Pro) and the Patriot (F-70)
> are all existing First Texas designs - one from ea
> ch of their brands - namely Teknetics, Bounty Hunt
> er and Fisher. So what's new about it?
>
> A lot. These three machines were chosen from the
> range of detectors they make because each of them
> are widely recognized as offering outstanding perf
> romance for the price. Now they have been gathere
> d into a new "sub-brand" under Teknetics. By itse
> lf, that's no big deal, just a matter of new facep
> lates and such. What is new and IS a big deal - i
> s that for the first time a major detector manufac
> turer is offering their product direct to the dete
> ctor community via a factory website.
>
> They have found a way to include dealers like Crai
> g (detectingMO) in the effort via the discount cod
> e arrangement which allows them to refer customers
> to the site and be compensated for that. Likewise
> they have appointed "special representatives" who
> also have unique individual discount codes. The p
> lan seems to be to maintain and grow the support s
> ystem created by dealers and other enthusiastic fo
> lks - who share knowledge and experience have crea
> ted through - social media amd personal interactio
> n.
>
> As far as I know, this is a first in the metal det
> ector world. I expect that as time goes by, they
> will develop further this concept of "consultative
> marketing". I think it qualifies as something new
> .
>
> New machines will be released when they are ready.
> When will that be? None of us know.

Well you seem to be the (Dilek) for FT - Can you please explain why they have focused their designs just for the US market?

I would have thought that limiting themselves to the local market would only limit their sales

Just to make things clear, I really like these units but thought I would ask as to why limit possible potential sales?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
March 31, 2017 10:05AM
Hi R.C.

When I asked Teknetics the question about sales outside of the US, I was told that between shipping and risk of loss issues and existing distribution agreements, they weren't ready to try that yet from the website.

When I have checked into shipping stuff to Europe in the past, I've found it to be expensive and complicated. I think we all have a lot to learn from the Chinese in this regard. China Post seems to be able to get stuff I buy on eBay here quick and cheap!

As far as being Dilek, she's much younger, much better looking and much more patient than me. I could never be a marketing guy - I am far too impatient and get too wrapped jp in details. On the other hand, those traits (and a couple of more) made me an OK buyer and sub-contracts manager for a bit less than 40 years. In fact, I'm in Abu Dhabi at the moment putting in a couple of months closing out purchase orders and subcontracts on a US Air Force contract for the company I used to work for jere in the mid-east.

My obvious regard for and enthusiasm about FT started with a correspondance I started off-and-on with Dave Johnson years ago. Later on I met some of the other folks at FT and have been very impressed with the whole outfit.

I am now one of a group of "Special Representatives" (I think that's what they call us) who are ecpected to assist folks who are wondering about a Teknetics or AmeriTex machine. We, and the dealers, all have unique discount codes which get the special pricing on the website.

So to get back to overseas sales, anybody who is actually interested can PM me. There is usually a way to arrange such things on a one-off basis.

Rick Kempf
March 31, 2017 12:02PM
"When I have checked into shipping stuff to Europe in the past, I've found it to be expensive and complicated. I think we all have a lot to learn from the Chinese in this regard. China Post seems to be able to get stuff I buy on eBay here quick and cheap!"

I ordered some small halogen H4 bulbs from China on ebay last year, just got them yesterday, ship date on the packet was Dec 12, 2016, lol
March 31, 2017 01:36PM
Boats are slow.

Rick Kempf
March 31, 2017 01:40PM
88junior Wrote:
> My Question is did they work the DST into the Amer
> itek Patriot like the T2 Classic has if so it's go
> ing to be a heck of a machine. I had a F70 and I d
> idn't care for it due to its chattiness.

I haven't touched one but from what I've seen in videos...no.
March 31, 2017 01:40PM
Lytle, I have no problem with you being a rep of sorts, or anyone else for that matter. I believe FT is going the direct route , cutting out the middle man, to get the cost of the machines down is this. Their product is falling behind the competition, and there is no way they can keep selling their product at the prices they used to sell at. There are far better machines out there at better prices, causing FT sales to fall off the cliff. (My guess)
So lets drop the prices way down, to make them attractive again. Nothing wrong with that stategy, its what competition and survival is all about. But those of us who take our hobby seriously, we would rather pay a few bucks more and get a top performer, rather than buy yesterdays top performers at a cheaper price. Hopefully FT comes out with some top performers once again.
March 31, 2017 05:08PM
I think the direct marketing is about selling detectors. You call a dealer about a make and model you are interested in and they in turn steer you to something they want to sell. Happens to me all the time. Call about detector A, they try to sell me a Dues. Call about detector B, they want to sell me C. Also you discover there are very few stocking dealers anymore. Everything is drop shipped. No one wants to carry stock. Especially stock they have no interest in selling. They just want the manufacturers name in their header or adverts to make me look like something they really aren't.

Price wise, I think First Texas is setting the stage for something that will make a bigger splash than the T2 or the F75. They have already stated what they were going to be doing but people have short memories and even shorter attention spans. So while this board goes google eyed over government assisted foriegn competion clones, FT is quietly but steadily setting the stage to it's benefit.

Thats my view on the situation. Time will prove me right or wrong.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2017 05:09PM by Mike Hillis.
March 31, 2017 05:25PM
AS FT takes the direct to consumer marketing model to be more competitive, I wonder if others will take note?

For example, what if Nok/Mak were to come out with a water machine that rivaled the CTX, with a MSRP of half that of the CTX.... would MInelab change anything? Perhaps they don't care.

I remember growing up in an era when the American auto makers got fat and lazy, resting on their laurels while the imports starting coming into the US. Yes at first, the imports were very sub-standard, but that quickly changed, yet the big 3 still kept cranking out the same old junk (and it was pretty much junk by that point for the most part). That tactic almost killed the US auto makers (well it did kill Chrysler/Dodge), as it took them a long time to wake up and smell the coffee, and that damage is long lasting. I still hear people say when they are car shopping that they probably won't look at US companies because their not as good as the Japanese. Right, wrong or indifferent, they created their own perception and it takes a long time to undo that. Will the same thing happen to the US big 3 detector makers?
March 31, 2017 08:35PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Will the same thing happen to th
> e US big 3 detector makers?

Looking at what's going on with detector manufacturers in Turkey, Australia, France, Bulgaria, Russia, etc....hopefully the US manufacturers are able to step up.
They're falling waaaaay behind, and even though their fanboys are in denial, that fact is obvious to most everyone else.
March 31, 2017 08:51PM
dave_e Wrote:
> Looking at what's going on with detector manufactu
> rers in Turkey, Australia, France, Bulgaria, Russi
> a, etc....hopefully the US manufacturers are able
> to step up.
> They're falling waaaaay behind, and even though th
> eir fanboys are in denial, that fact is obvious to
> most everyone else.

LOL I may be wrong but I think that most of the current foreign machines are built or copied to be like a T2, but with crappy target ID where you dig the Hell out of aluminium thinking it's a good target.
March 31, 2017 09:05PM
> dave_e Wrote:
>Looking at what's going on with detector manufacturers in Turkey, Australia, France, Bulgaria, Russia, etc....hopefully the US manufacturers are able
to step up. They're falling waaaaay behind, and even though their fanboys are in denial, that fact is obvious to most everyone else.

>88junior Wrote:
> LOL I may be wrong but I think that most of the current foreign machines are built or copied to be like a T2, but with crappy target ID where you dig
the Hell out of aluminium thinking it's a good target.

Also don't forget what the testers of these new machines almost always use for a benchmark .... Those old, out of date, technology machines (T2 and F75)....lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2017 09:07PM by cadman.
April 01, 2017 12:20AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Hi R.C.
>
> When I asked Teknetics the question about sales ou
> tside of the US, I was told that between shipping
> and risk of loss issues and existing distribution
> agreements, they weren't ready to try that yet fro
> m the website.
>
> When I have checked into shipping stuff to Europe
> in the past, I've found it to be expensive and com
> plicated. I think we all have a lot to learn from
> the Chinese in this regard. China Post seems to b
> e able to get stuff I buy on eBay here quick and c
> heap!
>
> As far as being Dilek, she's much younger, much be
> tter looking and much more patient than me. I coul
> d never be a marketing guy - I am far too impatien
> t and get too wrapped jp in details. On the other
> hand, those traits (and a couple of more) made me
> an OK buyer and sub-contracts manager for a bit le
> ss than 40 years. In fact, I'm in Abu Dhabi at th
> e moment putting in a couple of months closing out
> purchase orders and subcontracts on a US Air Force
> contract for the company I used to work for jere i
> n the mid-east.
>
> My obvious regard for and enthusiasm about FT star
> ted with a correspondance I started off-and-on wit
> h Dave Johnson years ago. Later on I met some of
> the other folks at FT and have been very impressed
> with the whole outfit.
>
> I am now one of a group of "Special Representative
> s" (I think that's what they call us) who are ecpe
> cted to assist folks who are wondering about a Tek
> netics or AmeriTex machine. We, and the dealers,
> all have unique discount codes which get the speci
> al pricing on the website.
>
> So to get back to overseas sales, anybody who is a
> ctually interested can PM me. There is usually a
> way to arrange such things on a one-off basis.

Thank you Sir for your well put together response - I too have a passion for FT mainly because of that legend Mr Dave J -

I have imported many units from the USA & have found our very own NZ Postal service to be very efficient & priced competitively - Most of these shipping companies offer you overseas postal addresses as to circumnavigate issues such as these - So there is a few ways to skin a cat so to speak - Teknetics is certainly a brand that would do really well here in NZ and the units that I have owned from that stable have been nothing short of impressive -

Thank you again for clearing this up winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
April 01, 2017 12:32AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> what a slow company to come out with a new machine

Lawrenzo, ever read or heard the story of the "Turtle and the Hare". Ease up Pal. You've been bashing Fisher since you found a machine that you considered better than the G2.
April 01, 2017 12:33AM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> I think the direct marketing is about selling dete
> ctors. You call a dealer about a make and model
> you are interested in and they in turn steer you t
> o something they want to sell. Happens to me all
> the time. Call about detector A, they try to sell
> me a Dues. Call about detector B, they want to s
> ell me C. Also you discover there are very few st
> ocking dealers anymore. Everything is drop shippe
> d. No one wants to carry stock. Especially stoc
> k they have no interest in selling. They just wa
> nt the manufacturers name in their header or adver
> ts to make me look like something they really aren
> 't.

>
> Price wise, I think First Texas is setting the sta
> ge for something that will make a bigger splash th
> an the T2 or the F75. They have already stated wh
> at they were going to be doing but people have sho
> rt memories and even shorter attention spans. So
> while this board goes google eyed over government
> assisted foriegn competion clones, FT is quietly
> but steadily setting the stage to it's benefit.
>
> Thats my view on the situation. Time will prove m
> e right or wrong.
>
> HH
> Mike

Never a truer word spoken about how some of the dealers operate nowadays -

I used to be a dealer for Nokta/Makro here in NZ and because of health/financial reasons I passed those on to a colleague up north expecting him to purchase stock in from those manufacturers - Something I was no longer able to due, hence believing that if I could not represent these guys the way I prefer to i.e. have stock/advertise stock/sell stock I was not doing my job correctly -

Yet it appears to be the norm that they just order in from their manufacturers when a customer wants a particular product -

To me that's just a lazy retailer making use of a manufacturers good brand name without so much as investing in that brand -

Not the way I like to do business and if that's their end game, why don't we all just purchase directly from the manufacturer?

thanks for highlighting that Mike

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
April 01, 2017 12:59AM
April 01, 2017 02:25AM

Mike Hillis Wrote:
Price wise, I think First Texas is setting the stage for something that will make a bigger splash than the T2 or the F75. They have already stated what they were going to be doing but people have short memories and even shorter attention spans. So while this board goes google eyed over government assisted foreign competition clones, FT is quietly but steadily setting the stage to it's benefit.

HH
Mike

You got that right Mike.

It's amazing how people forget so quickly and/or just don't pay attention in the 1st place but it won't be too long now and we're all going to see a game changer that will make all of the VLF stuff we have now pretty much obsolete in an instant.

All others will be playing catch up for the next decade or more (cloning/copying) to be more exact.

Just be prepared for the sticker shock because true all new tech doesn't come cheap winking smiley
April 01, 2017 02:04PM
I read on another forum that Fisher discontinued the F70 and F5 ? kinda makes since with the new release from teknetics
April 02, 2017 12:59AM
I'm only one dealer but I don't beleive First Texas sales are down. Actually up quite a bit. Makro has been way down since R2 release died off and F75 price drop last summer. Again, one small dealers experience. I'm actually a Platinum Fisher dealer now due to this dramatic market change. I love Makro's but the market doesn't right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2017 01:01AM by detectingMO.
April 03, 2017 08:32PM
88junior Wrote:
> My Question is did they work the DST into the Amer
> itek Patriot like the T2 Classic has if so it's go
> ing to be a heck of a machine. I had a F70 and I d
> idn't care for it due to its chattiness.

I haven't seen any info stating that the T2-Classic has DST. Nothing in the manual about it. They are quiet yet powerful beasts. Whatever FTP did its a good.
T2-C point of view
April 04, 2017 10:10PM
I don't have any inside info..BUT!!

I strongly feel the T2-C. is MAYBE not using NORMAL DST...

Actually I Believe/Feel the T2-C. is Faster in recovery speed than the old original T2.

Also has better Locking I.D's..

What have they done??...I'm wondering if there's a dual processor at work???Seems a whole lot like a G2 in recovery speed...Yet DEEPER..

Is it a magic stick??Nope..Still a VLF detector,Now it just runs Clean,Fast,Deep and comfortable to use..this set of batteries have been in for at least 45 hours and still got three bars..

Some tweaking has gone on we are not privy too..

Also with the amount of high end tech coils we now have for it its really is a universal hunter..I have found it to be more sleuthy in iron than the other T2's..with noise gone and speed there and horsepower I can work iron extremely well...and like all T2's this thing loves buttons..even the lowest of conductor ones..I have no need for a F19 as of now...I have begged for a F19 on steroids..well this is as close as we can get right now..

funny in the last couple of years exacting tone breaks are not as critical in iron as the machines get smarter.YES I said smarter...processing is revolutionizing our hunts..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 10:11PM by Keith Southern.
April 04, 2017 10:50PM
My hunch is the latest T2's (and F75's) have a faster variant of the microprocessor than the original model. Possibly the speed of the T2-SE processor, possibly even faster. That's digital electronics for you, 10 times faster, half the power consumption, and cheaper. Obviously a faster processor can be made to mimic the behaviour of the slower one.....but that's not smart engineering. They have the power to do math-heavy tricks, for example, like weighted averaging (an average where not all the input data is treated equally) or smart techniques like "take 10 samples, drop the highest & lowest, average the remaining 8 samples". Then there's the math precision - instead of straining to work with 20-bit values, you can handle 24-bit values, so you keep the precision, as you're not dropping/truncating/rounding-off your numbers. The end result is cleaner data, less noise, more detail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2017 04:45PM by Pimento.
April 05, 2017 12:49AM
Somebody knows something spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Am I going to live to see this released in my lifetime?

MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
>

Mike Hillis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Price wise, I think First Texas is setting the sta
> ge for something that will make a bigger splash th
> an the T2 or the F75. They have already stated wh
> at they were going to be doing but people have sho
> rt memories and even shorter attention spans. So
> while this board goes google eyed over government
> assisted foreign competition clones, FT is quietl
> y but steadily setting the stage to it's benefit.
>
> HH
> Mike
>
> You got that right Mike.
>
> It's amazing how people forget so quickly and/or j
> ust don't pay attention in the 1st place but it wo
> n't be too long now and we're all going to see a g
> ame changer that will make all of the VLF stuff we
> have now pretty much obsolete in an instant.
>
> All others will be playing catch up for the next d
> ecade or more (cloning/copying) to be more exact.
>
> Just be prepared for the sticker shock because tru
> e all new tech doesn't come cheap winking smiley