Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Garrett - May 6th

Posted by Cabin Fever 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Garrett - May 6th
April 07, 2017 06:09AM
I saw this on Steves site. Looks like a new Garrett detector to be announced on May 6th.

[www.detectorprospector.com]

Bryan
Re: New Garrett - May 6th
April 07, 2017 10:46AM
"Hooray! Looks like my prediction was pin sharp accurate! Only thing is, I don't know what it will be?
If it's a New & Improved AT Pro, then I'll be all over it!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2017 10:48AM by Des D.
April 07, 2017 12:12PM
I'm sure will be yellow and called ace 500 with maybe one more option then last ace.
April 07, 2017 12:35PM
I guess this is a state secret????
April 07, 2017 12:58PM
Apparently there will be a replacement for both At Pro ...
IMHO
April 07, 2017 02:33PM
I bet that it's going to be nose heavy with the large stock search coil.

tabman
April 07, 2017 02:39PM
Wonder how many times you will have to return it??
April 07, 2017 03:20PM
It is straight shaft pistol grip, selectable frequency and waterproof to 10 ft. At pro/at gold all in one.
April 07, 2017 03:45PM
They have a lot of catching up to do what what we can get now that the impact and deus are selling really well. It will have to be very close to one of those. We all want depth better unmasking more coils faster recovery better ID and a new twist that we don't have already.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 07, 2017 03:46PM
I hope welgund is right. Maybe it'll be selectable freq. 5khz, 18khz and multi freq? In a nice balanced straight shaft pistol grip package waterproof to 10' and msrp at $1000.

John
April 07, 2017 03:52PM
Something new something cool something we just have to have and beats out what is out there now...someone has to do this??

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

April 07, 2017 04:05PM
Some of you are really reaching here LOL All they will do is a repackage with a new physical design. That's just my opinion, but that just seems to be the way American manufacturers produce new products.
April 07, 2017 04:30PM
REPACKAGE!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO they can't be like fisher they have to take a new step forward....But I have the impact don't think I can or want a new machine...the impact has a lot of great technology in one machine. And even NASA Tom thinks it is a world class machine

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

April 07, 2017 06:32PM
There was a fairly big online pole a while back in the UK on what unit you used, from memory the AT-Pro was about 3rd or 4th, an improved version would most likely be another winner here.
April 07, 2017 06:43PM
We can all hate all we want but Garrett is in business to sell metal detectors. They can't even keep up with demand on current AT line. Repackaged, small tweaks, whatever they are crushing it. I'm sure other manufacturers would love this problem. It's only going to get better for them now that precious metals are spiking in value due to middle east conflicts again.
April 07, 2017 06:47PM
I bet it will be the new top of the line. Take some of the gti features, multi frequency, all the good from the AT pro/gold, and have something that will compete with the rest of the market. I'm hoping for something very, very good.
April 07, 2017 06:52PM
I expect same waterproof housing as AT Pro/AT gold.

Same Freq at AT Pro
Added AM of AT Gold
Larger VDI backlight display
Built in wireless
Optional wireless headphones
Stock 11" dd
addistional discrimation options
few extra features
more sensitivity/depth

What will they call it? Kind of like and AT Pro 2 but I doubt they use that name. Any names registered recently for trademark? AT ?
April 07, 2017 07:04PM
No hate here, I like Garret stuff. But, just being realistic from observations. There seems to be a "general malaise" when it comes from certain companies taking a risk with new tech.
April 07, 2017 08:01PM
If will be better than MX Sport I want one. I hope they test it well... Whites not... so.
April 07, 2017 08:34PM
I am glad to see other detector manufacturers making a Impact in our hobby bringing out new machines. But I'm tired of the BS videos and blurry pics to get you all excited and chomping at the bit waiting for its release.
April 07, 2017 09:30PM
Hold on a second now... it's only been two times for pre-release videos???
Garrett did it already with the AT Gold and Moon Lab was the first with probably the worst Marketing shambles ever seen in the detecting industry with the 'Shea Tea Ex'
April 07, 2017 10:48PM
Kellyco blasted this out too.

Hope it's roll-out is better then the ATP was when it came out, didn't appreciate having to send it in to them at my expense to fit it with normal/proper cam locks and replace their faulty water seals.

Overall I thought the ATP was an OK machine. Their adjustable iron audio works very well, and it does pretty good in iron. The ATP display was tiny and hard to read in the sun. It was like going from an iPhone 7+ to an iPhone 4 display - lol

Anyhow, I do hope they have something good, competition is great, it drives innovation and hopefully at the end of the day that makes for more keeps in our pouches thumbs down
April 07, 2017 10:50PM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some of you are really reaching here LOL All they
> will do is a repackage with a new physical design.
> That's just my opinion, but that just seems to be
> the way American manufacturers produce new product
> s.

Maybe it'll have flags all over it ?
April 07, 2017 11:07PM
AT Profound

synonyms: heartfelt, intense, keen, great, extreme, acute, severe, sincere, earnest, deep, deep-seated, overpowering, overwhelming, fervent, ardent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2017 11:09PM by canslawhero.
April 08, 2017 08:41AM
I wonder if this new Garrett is made in the USA instead of China

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
April 08, 2017 01:02PM
Which Garrett products are made in China? Anybody got any actual information on that?

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
April 08, 2017 02:25PM
I believe all of their detectors are made in the USA.
April 08, 2017 09:03PM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Which Garrett products are made in China? Anybody
> got any actual information on that?

Sorry - I was under the impression Garrett also got products made in China

So they don't get anything made off-shore then?

that's great news - I had been put wrong by a person who used to work QC for Garrett

Cheers

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
April 08, 2017 09:13PM
"These days it's inevitable that electronic components manufactured in China get into most consumer products.
But, the thing to remember is Garrett's entire soul is American made, made in Texas, USA
Don't forget that.
If you buy a Garrett detector tomorrow it will have been put together and Invoiced to the store out of Texas.
American jobs - worldwide enjoyment"
April 09, 2017 03:18AM
This will be interesting to see what they are coming out with will it be better than the new Impact or the deus and a few others detectors? Or will it be just an addition to the AT which is still a great hunter...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]