Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher can't do a tuneup on CZ5......???

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher can't do a tuneup on CZ5......???
February 28, 2011 09:19PM
I just got an e-mail from a guy and he called Fisher last week and they said they could not do a tuneup on a CZ5.. I am losing a little faith in Fisher.. If they still sell the 3d I would think they could tune teh cz5. Can they work on cz70 pro?...just wondering..They wanted me to send a cz5 in a fewmonths ago just to put on a knob
Re: They still service CZ70pro
February 28, 2011 09:41PM
They did a great job on my CZ70Pro last summer, just needed a calibration. Talk to Felix.
Re: Fisher can't do a tuneup on CZ5......???
February 28, 2011 11:45PM
I think that is about the way it is anymore with Fisher. Depends who you talk to..Not good in my opinion.....
March 01, 2011 12:57AM
When you have a repair issue for Fisher, Felix is the only one you talk to unless it is a very technical question then Felix will transfer you to Daniel Snell Customer service is Sylvia if she has a question she will ask Felix or myself-they sit next to each other. If Sylvia has an unhappy customer they get her supervisor. I asked both about the CZ5 today and both thought it was a dumb question because they are well aware of the fact we still work on CZs including the CZ5. Who did you talk to that wanted you to send in the unit to put a knob on-we send out knobs all the time normally at no charge.
Who is the 'guy' you got the email from? are you trying to sell your CZ5? Maybe he is just trying to get a better price by telling you this?

Shoot me a PM with your phone number and I will have Felix contact you regarding thour CZ5.

Mike
March 01, 2011 03:04AM
really?????????????? these kinds of posts pop up quite a bit and i think these people are just trying to damage fisher, for whatever reason!!!!!!!!!!

i have called fisher and asked about this small part or that small part and they just say "can i have your address?" and as soon as they have your address they say "we will get that out to you"!!!!! first time they did it, it through me off and i said "wait, you dont have my payment info"? and they said "no charge"

these false/ slanderous posts reports are amazing and very irritating!!!!!!!! i do not work for fisher, i just despise dishonesty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not saying your dishonest sony!!!!!

chuck.
March 01, 2011 03:22AM
Let's try to be careful here. There is no proof on either side of the fence as to what really happened. Let Sonny (IN) and Mike Scott hash it out. Then if Sonny\Mike Scott want to post the final resolution to the complaint, we will know. Just my two cents.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2011 07:38AM by TerraDigger.
March 01, 2011 04:10AM
Trust me-FTP is far from perfect and we make our fair share of mistakes-but......I always look for a reason as to why something happened as I did when I contacted Sylvia and Felix and then asked Sonny the questions regarding who said what. We try hard not to screw up but we do screw up and will take our lumps for it when we do. What I don’t want to do is take lumps because of hearsay or what 'a guy' said in an email until I learn more about it. Maybe we did say this I just want to know how and why we might have done it so we can correct it in the future.

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2011 04:19AM by Mike Scott.
March 01, 2011 07:22AM
Mike Scott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When you have a repair issue for Fisher, Felix is
> the only one you talk to unless it is a very
> technical question then Felix will transfer you to
> Daniel Snell Customer service is Sylvia if she
> has a question she will ask Felix or myself-they
> sit next to each other. If Sylvia has an unhappy
> customer they get her supervisor. I asked both
> about the CZ5 today and both thought it was a dumb
> question because they are well aware of the fact
> we still work on CZs including the CZ5. Who did
> you talk to that wanted you to send in the unit to
> put a knob on-we send out knobs all the time
> normally at no charge.
> Who is the 'guy' you got the email from? are you
> trying to sell your CZ5? Maybe he is just trying
> to get a better price by telling you this?
>
> Shoot me a PM with your phone number and I will
> have Felix contact you regarding thour CZ5.
>
> Mike

once again fisher responds promptly,and properly!..damn fine customer service!..in my view!
thanks for caring!..mike scott,and crew!..worked with daniel from the old days at "los banos"
caring individual,and an excellent tech!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 01, 2011 10:18AM
larrypratt777@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Thanks sonny, Ill be looking forward to seeing some pics. I have paypal just to let you know. And in in N Michigan.
> >>>
> >>> I called fisher a week ago to see if I could get a tune up on my CZ 5 and they said no! If there still making the 3D I cant see why they wont work on them.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> Thanks
> >>>
> >>> ~Larry ............ Just so everone knows that this was not made up... And when I needed the knob it was Felix that I talked to... Maybe it was a bad day

~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2011 11:44AM by sonny(IN).
March 01, 2011 10:20AM
Really nothing to hash out. I jsut posted a couple of things that happened. When I sent my cz20 in all went well...
Maybe a dumb question but here is the e-mail
March 01, 2011 08:14PM
On Feb 26, 2011, at 8:42 AM, larry pratt <larrypratt777@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Thanks sonny, Ill be looking forward to seeing some pics. I have paypal just to let you know. And in in N Michigan.
> >>>
> >>> I called fisher a week ago to see if I could get a tune up on my CZ 5 and they said no! If there still making the 3D I cant see why they wont work on them.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> Thanks
> >>>
> >>> ~Larry
> >>>
Re: Maybe a dumb question but here is the e-mail
March 01, 2011 10:44PM
Well i can tell you that I like fisher as well as any detector that is made.About a mo. ago i called Fisher about a 5" coil that the bottom had never been glued on. You could tell it had no glue that had been taken off, no cuts or scrapes. When i pulled off the cover the bottom of the coil came of with it. You could see the black filler whatever they cover the wires with. When i called i ask for the service and a guy, dont know who, I told him that i had a coil that needed the bottom glued on and checked out. First words was CAN,T BE FIXED, i ask how hard is it to glue on bottom and check it out. ALL HE COULD SAID IS ( CAN,T BE FIXED NEED A NEW ONE ) I just glued it my self, seams to work ok, this was a new coil that i got from a friend that got the 3 coil deal, and he didn,t want the 5" . That is the deal i got from Fisher, They need to check some of there workers. Dean
March 01, 2011 10:53PM
seems like some good reports and some not so good. all I know for sure is what happened to me with the knob situation. That was DUMB to tell me to send in the detector to put on a knob, BUT that was what happened...But when they worked on my CZ20 it worked out with good results.... Sound like your situation was one of the not so good....When they read your post they may not believe you? ha HH
March 02, 2011 12:51AM
Guys, I work in Property Management and talk all the time on the phone, I hate doing this, I'm a hand on type of person and like talking face to face, but now a days , you need to order parts or services, when I talk on the phone , I write everything down, both of what we say, the person name I talk too, the date, everything, so if there is a misunderstanding , I have notes to go back too, I know it's extra work, but it save time and money in the long run
March 02, 2011 02:17AM
sonny........i hope you realize i was not calling you dishonest!!!!!!!!! i was referring to whoever sent you the e-mail! ive just seen some ridiculous reports. if true fisher needs to fire some people.
flintstone..........your situation is unbelievable to me!!!!!! not false, i just cant believe they would handle your situation that way! unless they were going to replace your coil with a new one at no cost to you? that i would believe!!!
March 02, 2011 04:38AM
Well, if he said it exactly like Flintstone said, it sounds to me like he's not American... and that could be the problem that FT is dealing with. I don't mean to dis anybody or anything but someone answering the phone is dropping the ball and at the very least should be called on the carpet. It is costing FT in more ways than one. Some of these stories sounds ridiculous to me! Just sayin'.
March 03, 2011 04:01AM
Well guys, I don,t like to say but i don,t think he was from the U.S. he didn,t say send it in or any thing but IT CAN,T BE FIXED. I said all it needs is glued and checked out. He said the same thing again IT CAN,T BE FIXED. I told him i would just glue it myself, he said ok and hung up. I would not fib about something like this, i know it can hurt a company. If you look at some of the other forums, you will see that i did not put Fisher down for this, i think they make some of the best detectors out there. It was just that i got the wrong person on the phone. I do hope they get some things straighten out before it dose hurt them. Flintstone
March 03, 2011 04:13PM
Just do what MIke Scott said to do and if you don't get the answer you want then if the item is still in warrenty you are the owner then let Mike know. Don't hash out all of the problemes I see on Find Mall on this forum Mike is here to see what is going on I don't want to lose his eyes on this forum.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 03, 2011 05:21PM
Hello Guys.

I'm the one that emailed Sonny(IN). I called Fisher a few weeks ago, I had just traded for a older CZ 5 and wanted to get a check up to see if it was up to par. I was told by Felix that they no longer worked on them and it was short and sweet. I have owned 2 CZ 20s and a CZ 5 in the past and wish I had not gotten rid of them, I am a huge Fisher fan. I asked the question to sunny because I have seen him post on various forums over the years. At the time of the email we were working on a deal on another detector (CZ) so I wasn't trying to low ball him in any way. If anyone has ever talked to sonny on the phone you know that hes vary knowledgeable about detectors and I was no trying to pull a fast one when I asked the question. I can only state what happed on the phone when I called fisher.

~Larry Pratt
March 03, 2011 09:26PM
On an earlier post people at FT thought it was a DUMB question! What say...Larry I believe you..
March 05, 2011 05:18PM
Flintstone-If the coil was new it would be replaced under warranty-if it was used and you didn’t have a warranty we wouldn’t work on a damaged or opened coil. If you asked about us working on a coil that was opened or damaged without a warranty you would be told we can’t fix it. Sorry but that is our policy on coils that are not under warranty and have been opened.

Larry-I still haven’t received a PM with your info to have Felix contact you about your CZ5-please call me 915-667-2225 or 1800-685-5050.

Sonny-PM email or call me if you need any knobs for your CZ and we will send to you. ms@frsttx.com

Mike
March 05, 2011 09:01PM
Thanks but I bought some from a dealer.