Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Garret AT-Pro time's 2

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Garret AT-Pro time's 2
March 03, 2011 02:08AM
Yes this is how enamored I am with the At right now....going head to head with the best machine's made right now it hold's it's own and out does them with the Audio nuance and uncanny ability to see through mineralization...

Tested it today against some other machine's....We used a red clay brick really dense and heavy from the mid 1800's....the At was the only machine to see through the brick and hear a Nickle..

But the best part is it also I.D.'d it correctly....

Heck went ahead and bought another one and it run's fine also.. and a dead heat for depth so they are keeping the machine's very uniform..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Keith
Re: Garret AT-Pro time's 2
March 03, 2011 02:24AM
Hey Keith-----Send one of them to Tom for testing!------We COMPLETELY trust your tests but it would be GREAT to have two experts (you & Tom) both testing the "latest out" AT PRO's----------Del.
March 03, 2011 03:15AM
Hey Keith,
Are you also Including your Gb 2.9 in the head to head with the AT?
Thanks
Jim
Keith Re: Garret AT-Pro time's 2
March 03, 2011 07:11AM
Could you give a more detailed description of the 'audio nuances' that need to be 'interpreted' as in relation to nuances of the F75/T2.
Also, does the machine suffer from EMI effects like the F75/T2, especially in regards to the very deep 'good' signals?

Not a Garrett fan, but from what your describing so far, the AT Pro sounds pretty darn interesting.

Thank yousmiling smiley
March 03, 2011 12:16PM
Stereo AT Pro's .....Very cool !!......One for each hand !!...... That Keith is a true madman !!.......LOL !!.....Jim
Whoa
March 03, 2011 11:20PM
It even beats your X-5 ?
March 04, 2011 06:06PM
I can tell you that I have power lines in my back yard and a direct tv dish there to and I've had no EMI problems with mine so far.
Hey Del if Tom cant come up with one
March 04, 2011 07:09PM
I can send him one down....

And please don't lump me into the expert group.....I learn something new every trip out....I am always learning like everyone else...I just speak up from time to time to voice some sort of constructive idea's or finding's....

But I will be the first to admit I am no expert....Thank's for the compliment though.....

and again if Tom does not get hold of a local one either of mine are always welcome to him for evaluation...

Keith
Hey Possum on the X-5
March 04, 2011 07:22PM
It is a great machine for sure....but In disc mode in severe ground it will suffer like all Vlf's....the 19khz will airtest crazy deep and also punch neutral soil very well... But get it into bad dirt and it will suffer...

The At has some fantastic mineral see through...

Keith
March 04, 2011 10:16PM
I'm going back to some of my trashy NYC parks and checking out some of ths sites that I have combed extremely well where there has been some DEEP Silver pulled .... ....It would be very interesting to see what I can come up with in these parks .....They have been POUNDED to death !!.... but the way this AT Pro finds it's way thru trash, I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised !!... I'll be there the next warm day ...Jim
Re: Hey Keith....
March 05, 2011 01:59AM
I read where you got the small coil.
I realize it is early but what are you first impressions of that small coil?
Also read where it isn't a depth monster, which is fine with me,
I only need 5 to 7" with a small coil.
Re: Hey Steve
March 05, 2011 02:25AM
Yes I have the sniper coil.....

My impression of it is...Well it is about a 5-6 inch coil .....It will airtest a little deeper than that....It was made for one purpose cherry picking recent drop's in trash.....Cherry picking meaning it is small enough to isolate target's and give clean I.D.,,,,It is not a relic sniper in wooded environ's it will not see though ground cover then punch dirt at any depth..

I am sure this is a remnant from the 80's small coil's....

I have become spoiled to small coils' on other machine's...Garrett has not come up to par on there small coil design as of yet...I hope they realize this and create a small coil with there new DD building abilities..maybe a 4x6 or something..?

I believe the stock coil for iron infestation hunting though ground cover like straw or leaves will out do it ...

the Design of the coil is strange in a way ....It is pretty much dead on the top and side's....I believe it would be great for working obstacle's like swing poles and bleacher's that are metallic..

sort of reminds me of the small White's coil that Jimmy Sierra made called the eliminator..

good recent drops trash environ coil..

I can send mine down if you want to test it out..will make you a good deal on it if you decide to keep it..

Keith
Re: Garret AT-Pro small coil
March 05, 2011 05:09AM
Thanks Keith,
I'm still on the fence as I don't have an AT-Pro yet.
Sounds right, taking an old design &
modding it for the Pro.
Hopefully Garrett will decide at some point to make a
small DD.
Dead on top, hmm that sounds detrimental.
Hey Steve I can honestly say the At-Pro is the best bang for the buck
March 05, 2011 07:12AM
I have came across in a detector...Waterproof/////light weight/////Excellent Stock Coil//////UN-BELIEVABLE AUDIO/////fantastic mineral see through ability///Great cross board sens///

If you are on the fence climb on over.......... at the price point Vs performance it's a no-brainer for sure...It will hold it's own with any multi purpose machine when comparing in ground depth's...

it really talk's to you if you are listening//// deep target's in iron is tricky till you train your ear then 10-11 inch cuff button's will surface that you would swear they were not there...

The machine is raspy with the pro mode audio but it's reporting everything with a audio that almost shapes the target for you....you can tell a piece of wrinkled metal from flat metal by the way it audibly paint's a picture of the target...

True audiophile machine....

Pure Joy to use....Remember it's more user than the machine and this machine really makes you hone your skill's....I like the challenge ....

Keith
March 05, 2011 02:58PM
It's really a shame that Garrett did not do a better job with the smaller coil for the AT Pro .......Now that this macine is straigtened out , and slowly coming into it's own , a deep and sensitive 5 inch coil in a combo package would REALLY put it over the top, rather than hold it back ...... I have heard nothing positive at all about this little coil that everyone has been waiting for .....Really a shame .....?????? .......What were they thinking ? ........Jim