Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Beach mesh find bag suggestions

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Beach mesh find bag suggestions
May 23, 2017 09:55PM
For you water and beach hunters. What kind of pouch or finds bag do you use to secure your finds in the water and to let sand/water drain out? I bought one of the black and yellow ones from Kellyco and the main zipper broke off it in just a week of minimum use. It was very poor quality anyway. On land I typically use a different setup but I don't have to contend with waves or that sand that seems to find its way into everything.
Re: Beach mesh find bag suggestions
May 23, 2017 10:49PM
I've had the same one for years, never had a problem with it.
The nylon mesh bag is permanently attached to nice nylon web belt that has a divers flip lock. The bag has interior pocket for the good stuff.
Pretty sure I got it from either Ralp at SunRay or ebay. Going water hunting this weekend, don't expect to find much as we've had a cooler spring and waters still not that warm for the swimmers.

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2017 10:59PM by Aaron.
May 23, 2017 11:11PM
I have a black one, I'll dig it out and take a picture of it.
May 24, 2017 12:31PM
Theres a guy out of Brandenton, Fl detecting club that sells on Ebay. Double zipper and great size. Ive had mine for years and have as many hours any the water than most. Ive used others...... even dive pouches and the zipper is the first to go. But...... ive never had an issue with his.
May 25, 2017 03:43AM
Found it.....

May 25, 2017 09:59AM
Yes, that's the same bag I've got Sandman.
Very durable, had it for at least 5yrs, no problems.

Aaron
May 25, 2017 11:45AM
Yes thats the best....... i believe John from Bradenton makes those. Best zippers ever. I looked on Ebay..... but didnt see any. Hopes he not stopped making them because there just isnt a better one for water hunting.

dew
May 25, 2017 01:20PM
Aaron
Yes, that's the same bag I've got Sandman.
Very durable, had it for at least 5yrs, no problems.

Aaron

Good to know, thanks.
Back when I was looking for one it was the best looking one.
I think I found three. Took some searching.
Using the words "Diving", "Scuba", "Underwater", "Pouch", "Bag"....... like that.

I think there was an expensive one, a cheap looking one, and this one.

I don't think I found it on ebay, it was a website.
May 25, 2017 02:16PM
Thanks guys. I will keep an eye out for one of those. Hopefully they won't be too hard to find.
May 25, 2017 06:25PM
Daniel

stop at any dive shop and you'll find a good selection of quality finds pouches.
May 25, 2017 06:32PM
I've been using a Kellyco Sidekick mesh bottom pouch for 13 years. I don't know how they'd fair in the water. Does ok on land. Just now through my first one away and started using my second one. I like it. One big pocket for everything.

HH
Mike
May 26, 2017 11:17AM
Oddly ...... those dive pouch zippers fail after a couple years exposed to salt water. Many arent large enough ..... or are way to large for our purpose or the mesh is to large.

Dew
May 27, 2017 03:11AM
SandMan -- I just found and bought one of those pouches on eBay...thanks for the suggestions guys. Looks like most of you were using that same bag.
May 27, 2017 05:30AM
Daniel Tn
SandMan -- I just found and bought one of those pouches on eBay...thanks for the suggestions guys. Looks like most of you were using that same bag.

That's great, should last for years.
Don't forget, always rinse it out with fresh water before you head home.

I make those wide web belts for pouches.

Do you need one?
May 30, 2017 10:59PM
Can you post a link to the eBay sale? Just curious what they are going for? Thanks.
May 30, 2017 11:28PM
By memory I had to give decent money,... $44.00 + s/h ?

Just a bit of a guess what I paid.
The pouch is nice, well made.

And made here in the states by a small manufacturer.
That's the product for me.