Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

On my way in the morning…..

Posted by Mike Scott 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
On my way in the morning…..
March 07, 2011 03:37AM
I will be flying to Germany for the IWA show to meet with many of my European customers. Many sales meetings and training sessions are scheduled. Our catered lunch and dinner includes lots of beer........only in Germany…..I hope my afternoon training sessions goes well after the German beer delivery at noon!

From Germany I go to UK for a week and meet with Joan Allen (Fisher) and Regton (Tek)-then to Ireland for a few brews……..

I will find some time to detect and dig some goodies…..

Mike
Re: On my way in the morning…..
March 07, 2011 03:42AM
Have a good trip and hope you get to find some goodies too!
March 07, 2011 03:50AM
Thats sounds cool... except the Krauts like to drink their beer warm...I'm half German and COLD is the only way I'm drinkin it!

Have a safe trip.
March 07, 2011 04:02AM
Mike.........don't be suprised if the Brit's don't out do the German's on beer consumption. They are some serious drinkers. Although Guinness tastes like moose pi** to me.
Me being 1/3 German & 1/3 English and 1/3 Irish, I find myself at war internally all the time.smiling smiley
I like warm beer............when I used to drink it.
I forgot to add..........have a great time!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2011 04:40AM by TerraDigger.
March 07, 2011 04:41AM
I'm in Munich every other month. They drink it cold there.

Ask for a WEIHENSTEPHAN helles. They've been brewing it in the same location since 1040.
March 07, 2011 07:40AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thats sounds cool... except the Krauts like to
> drink their beer warm...I'm half German and COLD
> is the only way I'm drinkin it!
>
> Have a safe trip.

Sure, if you're drinking lagers. Ales should be consumed at a slightly warmer temperature, since its flavor characteristics will be masked at low temperatures.
March 07, 2011 07:46AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thats sounds cool... except the Krauts like to
> drink their beer warm...I'm half German and COLD
> is the only way I'm drinkin it!
>
> Have a safe trip.

same in the uk!..it always amazed me how they can drink beer at "room temperature"
if ya drink it cold,at least you have a fighting chance NOT to get "blitzed" as quickly,however,
maybe the "brits".look at that from a different perspective?..(lol!)

(h.h.!)
j.t.
kewl beans Mike
March 07, 2011 01:47PM
have a nice time and dig some fine tickets

i hope i read between the lines kinda on our last email.......4000 inbound....smiling smiley

<")))))<>(
March 07, 2011 04:23PM
Forget the beer well OK maybe not but Fisher and TEK lots to talk about detectors and then some hunting wow Mike my life seems so boring now!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 07, 2011 05:11PM
Belated wishes for a safe trip and I'll be checking my email for that tracking number re: the hot fraulein that needs field tested. grinning smiley
March 07, 2011 05:24PM
I've drunk plenty of beer while in Germany, it was all served cold and in BIG glasses smiling smiley

Personally I think Czech beer (and food) is better, but that's another story all together.

Mike enjoy your trip, maybe you can sneak in some detecting time there to test out that new 15" DD coil eh?

HH,
Brian
March 07, 2011 09:48PM
I spent 6 years in Germany the fests were about the only place i drank hot beer. Of course nothing elce is cold so if you have a choice of a small HOT cola or liter of COLD beer for the same price i went for the beer. The real trick was 1 liter of German beer is nothing like a Bud.... you start slurring you words and walking funny haha. Enjoy the Beer.... but dont miss out on some of that FANTASTIC FOOD.

Dew
March 08, 2011 12:22AM
Mike ,
Enjoy your trip !!.....Jim
March 08, 2011 01:22AM
get on here right after your "feelin good" so we can ask you a few questions!!!!!
chuck(seeker41)
March 08, 2011 02:39AM
Please post here when you are in Deutschland. WiFi is everywhere over there.
March 08, 2011 04:21AM
I say the least we could do is all load up and go to his house and drink all his beer and eat all his chips while he is gone. Course we could then leave all the empties on his coffee table for him to clean up once he gets back!

What are friends for???

ha ha ha ha
March 09, 2011 12:04AM
With that kind of thinking, I'm actually starting to like you.
March 09, 2011 01:09AM
Bart.... Trust me....Just drain his stock of Lakefront Pumpkin and Holiday Spice. grinning smiley
March 09, 2011 03:47AM
Hey I am up for ideas!! Long as there is tater chips and cold beer involved I will at least watch and root you on! lol