Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Interesting Test: Tek Omega with "NEL" Coil

Posted by go-rebels 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Interesting Test: Tek Omega with "NEL" Coil
February 09, 2011 03:57AM
[www.youtube.com]

Anyone know of this coil manufacturer?
Re: Interesting Test: Tek Omega with "NEL" Coil
February 09, 2011 04:12AM
Here's the link to the Russian manufacturer. I believe I read something about this coil hear but can't find the link using the search function. But maybe I'm mistaken...

On the Fisher "F" platform: [nel-coils.com]

... and the Google Russian translation:

1.Povyshennaya stability and sensitivity to highly mineralized soils.
2. Ultra-Light Weight 490 grams. Size 12.5 "x8, 5" inches.
3. Uvelichina capture the scanned area of the soil.
4. Depth compared with standard coils - increased to 30 percent.
5. Improved discrimination of metals.
6. Improved rate of separation closely spaced metal and color selection signal.
7. The coil is completely waterproof. Reduced the number of false srabotok on the wet grass, in comparison with the standard coil.
8. 2-year guarantee

I shot the site an email. We'll see what happens.
February 09, 2011 05:06AM
We were talking about this topic late last fall. jbow and I both contacted them, the price basically for a small 4x7 coil was only $150. shipped, not a bad price, if it works. I had some trouble comunicating with the guy, everything seemed okay. I was gonna buy one for my Explorer but just decided against it because I have enough coils for it as it is that are killing the siver anyway. And as I recall though, the actual company is in the Ukraine, they have distributors in Russia and Europe.
February 09, 2011 11:54AM
If a bigger coil is ~$150, I'll pick one up. Now let's see if I get a response to my email.
February 09, 2011 02:59PM
I have a feeling they are offering the coils at such a good price because they are trying to get a buzz goin over here since they don't have distributors established yet. I can't really see how their coils could be any better than my SunRay or Accelerator ones though.
February 09, 2011 03:07PM
The SEF did not seem to do much on the F75 but many like the on MLs .
If proformance increased on the F75 i would be on it.
And one for my GB also.
February 09, 2011 04:52PM
Yes I have the 10x12 and it is a really good coil even in trash however I have had most success w the 5" SunRay coil in heavy trash and iron. I'm easily getting pennies down to 8" with it (SEpro). The separation is amazing.
I cannot wait for spring and the ground to thaw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 04:54PM by Aaron.
February 10, 2011 04:53PM
The NEL coil looks very similar to the excellent Minelab Explorer/ET "Pro Coil". If it works as claimed in the videos, I'll take one smiling smiley
February 11, 2011 03:04AM
Not to be a pessimist.....but to have a aftermarket coil add 30% more depth......would put most detectors beyond any current 'world class' status. And......I would think..........If Dave Johnson could build a coil that could be......even just a couple of percent better.......it would have already been done.

BUT.........There's still hope. IF IF IF......it does turn out to acquire a dime at nearly 16" deep........(vs.......just over 12")........this would be a tremendous/revolutionary improvement.
February 12, 2011 01:56PM
I never received a response to my email inquiry. Oh well...

I wonder if First Texas ever tested any of these coils on some of their machines???