Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

News Flash Minelab Obsoletes All Single Frequency VLF Detectors in October "The Searcher " UK mag

Posted by hastings 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Getting back to the ad, I get frustrated by ones that fail to identify the product or give any helpful information about the product. What does jumping out of a plane have to do with metal detecting? Seems more like pie in the sky to me. I am so much more impressed by Makro product development interacting with real users and actually modifying production to fix issues. Yeah we wrestled for YEARS with the Impact, but we had a pretty good idea evolving. Come on Minelab, a little red meat if you please!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
Finally, really looking forward to this Minelab, especially since I've been detector-less for a while now. I really hope they don't disappoint us by putting great tech (once again) in a 10 pound container (that is perfectly balanced.)
What a miracle it would be if they actually "balance" the new tech with a truly new light housing design. They do that, they crush the market. They don't do that, they have a better unit that will be niche.
Hoping, really...
Keith,

I really like my 705. With the dual freq Mars Sniper coil it's a real workhorse.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
Its a extremely clever advertising campaign thats got everyone talking about it and speculating what the main new features 'could be' which is the object of the exercise i guess,but when the actual spec is announced and the handful of 'carefully selected' tester who then will promote it as the best detector ever,then us as the punters will start frinding out if this is actually a game changer.

Gut feeling tells me it could have some newish features but wont render every other brand obsolete over night or ever,its just a very clever advertising campaign.
I suppose constant magnetic field could lead to better ID capabilities and rusted iron will be less mistaken with non ferrous metals. As we know iron signals have greater part of magnetic part whilst non ferrous objects produce far less magnetic part than conductive part
It's an odd message to give out, when you also manufacture single-freq machines.
Rather like a vehicle manufacturer stating "Our four-wheel drive system makes two-wheel drive obsolete" whilst still producing a large selection of 2WD cars.
Weight has everything to do with it for me. Weight on the CTX has kept me away as well. E Trac is about all I can handle for about 3 hours without a harness. Needs to be about the same as the F75. I have been holding off getting a new MD waiting on the new Fisher unit I can beach hunt with. Hoping to see someone post a saltwater video with the AT Max.
new ML machines are always a let down so not expecting anything other than a heavy bloater that will build up biceps
Pasttom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Getting back to the ad, I get frustrated by ones t
> hat fail to identify the product or give any helpf
> ul information about the product. What does jumpi
> ng out of a plane have to do with metal detecting?

> Seems more like pie in the sky to me. I am so muc
> h more impressed by Makro product development inte
> racting with real users and actually modifying pro
> duction to fix issues. Yeah we wrestled for YEARS
> with the Impact, but we had a pretty good idea evo
> lving. Come on Minelab, a little red meat if you
> please!

It's so obvious can't you see? It's the Minelab "Air tester 10,000"! It can air test a US dime at 27 inches! It will render all "coins in air" machines obsolete!

But seriously, when I read that it cracked me up!
I know one of the testers of the new so called ''Equinox'' but he is staying tight lipped sad smiley
"I'll bet a dime to a dollar it's gonna be in the 'Gold Monster' platform!

Makes sense to me as to how they produced 2 completely new models in so short a time frame!
The new 'X' machine is following hot on the heels of the GM so it just makes plain sense to do that!!!
And it's what everyone's been asking for; a lightweight waterproof (resistant) with great performance!
So they've gone and done it!

Only thing that remains to be seen now is the front panel layout and button arrangement???
And, it'll probably be confined to just a single model!!!

Oh, and the name? Maybe not an Equinox (which I think is a goofy name anyway)
Maybe it'll be 'Storm', 'Legend' or something meaningful???"
Des D Wrote:
>
>
> Oh, and the name? Maybe not an Equinox (which I th
> ink is a goofy name anyway)
> Maybe it'll be 'Storm', 'Legend' or something mean
> ingful???"

As bad as Gold Monster is of a name I wouldnt be surprised it is was Relic Beast

Or super creative with two new models.

Relic Monster and Coin Monster lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2017 12:44AM by detectingMO.
I hope it's not in the Gold Monster platform. I played with a friend's GM the other day and wasn't impressed. Seemed flimsy to me.

Dean
bado1 Wrote:
> I hope it's not in the Gold Monster platform. I pl
> ayed with a friend's GM the other day and wasn't i
> mpressed. Seemed flimsy to me.
>
> Dean

Yep = 2xs that/no thanks
bado1 Wrote:
> I hope it's not in the Gold Monster platform. I pl
> ayed with a friend's GM the other day and wasn't i
> mpressed. Seemed flimsy to me.
>
> Dean

At first glance it seems wimpy. In real use over many hours it comes across as tough!
I think the stock 3 piece shaft is what might give the people the impression its flimsy.
I put my Monster on a GPX shaft and love it.
Out hunting nuggets it seems very durable.. The rubber face and tight housing hold up well in rough conditions.
I've had mine buried in mud and splashed creek water on it to clean it off at the end of the day.
It's a great nugget Hunter. The auto tracking and discrimination work great. Extremely sensitive to very small gold.

Bryan
it must irk ML that UK rallies are in the main all xp deus machines being used .xp have taken the major share of the market
Bryan..... here we go, you had to modify...... WHY? They been in this for some time now...... they know they are to heavy, they know their problems with waterproof..... so what we call it water resistant? Do they learn nothing from our complaints?
Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
>handful of 'carefully selected testers who then will promote it as the best
> detector ever,then us as the punters will start fri
> nding out if this is actually a game changer.
>
> Gut feeling tells me it could have some newish fea
> tures but wont render every other brand obsolete o
> ver night or ever,its just a very clever advertisi
> ng campaign.

I'm sure Sabisch will get to test one and he'll probably find a lot of fabulous old keepers, maybe even a gold coin, lol
canslawhero Wrote:
> Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >handful of 'carefully selected testers who then w
> ill promote it as the best
> > detector ever,then us as the punters will start
> fri
> > nding out if this is actually a game changer.
> >
> > Gut feeling tells me it could have some newish f
> ea
> > tures but wont render every other brand obsolete
> o
> > ver night or ever,its just a very clever adverti
> si
> > ng campaign.
>
> I'm sure Sabisch will get to test one and he'll pr
> obably find a lot of fabulous old keepers, maybe e
> ven a gold coin, lol

grinning smileyYeah!
> I'm sure Sabisch will get to test one and he'll
> probably find a lot of fabulous old keepers, maybe
> even a gold coin, lol

Then he can write a book! I love Andy!

Don't forget Minelab made all PIs obsolete for only $10k! I once watched an Alaska gold hunter, who was vacationing on my beach, dig a 18 inch nickel (in 20 minutes) with his fancy (mid range $4k) Minelab PI and decided then and there life is too short to dig 20 minute nickels. Alright the old guy used a hand scoop and I have a $300 carbon fiber SS rig that should have recovered it in 2 minutes, but it's still too much digging without really good discrimination. 40 years ago I could happily dig all day, but now I have to pick my battles. A nickel sand mound is not the hill I want to die on (not entirely hyperbole anymore). In my book, obsolete will need cost, weight, features - total package hands down better or I say, "Ha!"

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
I have wallet devastating feeling about this. Minelab don't kill his old machines by price... what about CTX and E-Trac? With new lower price... used and new units go down 50%... I don't think so. I will be on place in UK.
Is it reading into the name "Equinox" to much to wonder what they mean by naming the machine as such?

Its seems like the name imply's some form of balance..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2017 08:35AM by Mike C.
Not sure how accurate this is but I heard it's a four frequency machine that can be run on any of the four freqs individually or all four together. Time will tell.

John
The question is how fast and deep it will be?
Will they be issuing a "battery cart" with it??
Is there descriprion from Minelab on subject machine available?
The cox is just amazing been swinging one for almost 6 years and I can honestly say I do not leave anything behind. I own all the top flagship machines and the cox is in a class of its own. people go one about the recovery speed the ctx tends to suck the signal threw the iron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2017 09:25PM by Diggs4ever.
Diggs4ever Wrote:
> The cox is just amazing been swinging one for almo
> st 6 years and I can honestly say I do not leave a
> nything behind. I own all the top flagship machine
> s and the cox is in a class of its own. people go
> one about the recovery speed the ctx tends to suck
> the signal threw the iron

No one can ever know if they leave anything behind unless they have x-ray vision
Pasttom Wrote:
> > I'm sure Sabisch will get to test one and he'll
> > probably find a lot of fabulous old keepers, may
> be
> > even a gold coin, lol
>
> Then he can write a book! I love Andy!
>
> Don't forget Minelab made all PIs obsolete for onl
> y $10k! I once watched an Alaska gold hunter, who
> was vacationing on my beach, dig a 18 inch nickel
> (in 20 minutes) with his fancy (mid range $4k) Min
> elab PI and decided then and there life is too sho
> rt to dig 20 minute nickels. Alright the old guy
> used a hand scoop and I have a $300 carbon fiber S
> S rig that should have recovered it in 2 minutes,
> but it's still too much digging without really goo
> d discrimination. 40 years ago I could happily di
> g all day, but now I have to pick my battles. A n
> ickel sand mound is not the hill I want to die on
> (not entirely hyperbole anymore). In my book, obs
> olete will need cost, weight, features - total pac
> kage hands down better or I say, "Ha!"

Not the hill I want to die on either.
Traded my GPX model.
Ground here (moisture wise for digging deep) along with green up, deer season, doesn't allow much of a window time wise to get my money's worth out of GPX.

We'll see what Minelab has come up with.
Wont be Long now!!

The whole world will change LOL!!

I get excited about new releases...I am ready for something Different...Yet maybe something coming we haven't thought of and maybe not by Minelab either???HMMM...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla