Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dankowski Certified

Posted by FloridaBob 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Dankowski Certified
June 25, 2011 12:41AM
We have all read posts where Tom has been asked to certify user machines. I can personally attest to the fact that having a machine in hand that you know performs to factory specifications leaves little room for questioning its performance. I'm sure you've heard the old saying..."It's the Indian...not the arrow!" Also remember the advice of an old sage when buying a new car..."never buy one made on a Monday...or a Friday!" We all expect and want our factory boxed machines to be validated at the factory by competent Quality Control personnel but the Human Factor often plays into the equation. Time and age and wear and tear and bouncing around in the backseat on you way to a next hunt site all play a part as well. Dankowski Certified is just that......"knowing" what you have in hand. I personally own a Dankowski Certified detector and I go into the field knowing the machine is capable of performing its best........However, It's my ability that I have to question!

To help "me" be the best I can be, I have read his published articles and I have watched his DVDs on numerous occasions.........and I still find it amazing the little subtle "finds" that I learn each time I re-watch the DVD or reread the article. As I become more accomplished, more seems to make sense and I have one of those "AHH HAA" moments.

I am fortunate to live in Florida and have had the opportunity to travel some distance to hear Tom's presentations that he makes to a few of the Florida Detecting Clubs.....once again...well worth the hours of driving and gas mileage! Highly recommended if you are down visiting this way and fortunate to have the free time to attend a lecture.

Now, saving the best for last..........Tom is one for the most humble and giving individuals any of you will ever meet. For those who have not had the opportunity to meet him personally, you can sense it everyday by the personal dedication and attention he has to his website and in answering your questions directly. If you ever have the opportunity and can "swing it" (no pun intended!) I further recommend the personal training he is offering to "certify" the user. As you may have guessed by now I employed Tom's services to give me that one on one, dual headphone training on my machine. Its much like the Master Card commercial.....certified Dankowski machine = Check, Dankowski DVDs = Check, Dankowski lecture = Check, Dankowski one on one dual headphone training = PRICELESS! I can only say that even with years on my machine.....Tom was able to "wow" me in real world hunt scenarios (beach and inland). He heard things I never heard...he found things I never would have......he just frankly made me a much better detectorist........a real certified Indian now! I should mention to be prepared for jumping into the deep end of the pool.......the day is long (you will call it a day long before Tom ever considers it!) and the information is as technically detailed as you wish...or personally geared to your comprehension level.

I know I have rambled on a bit here about Tom...that's nothing he would ever do about himself. Tom certainly deserves more than a few sentences but frankly these few paragraphs seem to fall short of the praise he deserves. I'll end this with a Thank YOU Tom from those of us who are enjoying this wonderful hobby so much more for having the opportunity to have interacted with you whether it be here on your forum or in person.

FB
Re: Dankowski Certified
June 25, 2011 02:15AM
Bob,

You are most certainly welcome. I suppose..........one of these days............. I should go 'public' about one-on-one training to more folks. Best detector in the world ..... certainly does not (necessarily) constitute 'best results'.
June 25, 2011 02:49AM
Wow...what a testimony, Bob. I clearly sense some of what you said about NASA Tom just from his help and generosity on this forum. But your testimony is incredible. Next time I am headed to FL on vacation, I absolutely know what I'm doing -- that is, if there is a slot available in his busy schedule!

Thanks for everything, NASA Tom.

Steve
June 25, 2011 03:04AM
I concur.
He restored my faith in First Texas Products when I got a validated LTD from him. My first LTD was nothing but a geiger counter.
This is the only detecting forum to really LEARN.