Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone in Florida along the treasure coast getting ready to tackle it??

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone in Florida along the treasure coast getting ready to tackle it??
September 07, 2017 02:52AM
[treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Anyone in Florida along the treasure coast getting ready to tackle it??
September 07, 2017 03:48AM
There's about a million roofers chomping at the bit,lol. Good luck yall
September 07, 2017 05:48AM
Problem is....... police barricades are going up everywhere. And.......... during the storm.......... it's life-threatening. However; catching the right opportunity........ can be rags-to-riches........ and is usually a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

There are those of whom: , 'hide'..... until the opportunity presents.
September 07, 2017 11:39AM
At this point...... going to be a lot of concerns about property ect after than hunting for most of us.
September 07, 2017 03:58PM
Good luck and God bless all you folks in the cone---just received my whole house generator today---43 days without elec. after Katrina.Should have acted sooner,but why today when you have tomorrow??
September 07, 2017 10:13PM
Yeah I'm praying for all the Coastal guys....

I hope your safe Tom, Wally, Dew and anyone else down there...

If hunters do get on the shore could very well like Tom says be Life changing on finds!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 08, 2017 12:40AM
Hoping you'all stay safe/do what's in the best interest for you/your families until this thing passes and/but if at some point any of you guys down there do get the chance to do some hunting after it's gone = I hope you make some once in a lifetime finds to show us here thumbs down
September 08, 2017 01:04AM
Thanks Keith,

I'm more on the West Coast / Tampa area and so far it doesn't look like it will be too bad. Good Luck Tom, so far as the tracking goes, you look like your closer to the bulls-eye. Be careful, I hope it stays out to sea like Floyd did years ago.
September 08, 2017 01:11AM
To all those folks who are in the path.

Be safe.
Wish all the best.

I wonder, is there a chance this site goes down due to storm??
For extended period??
September 08, 2017 02:54AM
This storm looks like a monster, I hope it downgrades soon. Hope everyone stays safe.

John
September 08, 2017 11:39AM
To be able to get on the Treasure Coast after this storm would be a once in a lifetime opportunity. But like Tom said you'd have to literally be hiding out somewhere to till it's over, I can't imagine where too, over there. There's 2 bridges to cross to get to Cocoa Beach, who knows how long they'll be closed. I've known of some guys who lived right off the beach and stayed and were able to go right on after the storm. Most of us would never be able to try that as we have families/loved ones to put first especially after the storm.
Your circumstances would have to be just right.
I can't help but think what's under some of that reeeally DEEP sand waiting to be unearthed.
I hope the best for all down there.
Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2017 12:06PM by Aaron.
September 08, 2017 06:04PM
All of my beaches (on East Coast) ....... are now under mandatory evacuation.
September 09, 2017 01:50AM
Tom,

Luck shifted your way and bad luck puts me right in the path, although it looks like it will be about a Cat. 2 hurricane by the time it reaches me. We'll see.

Wally
September 09, 2017 02:25AM
Think positive! Turn lemons into lemonade! GRAB A DETECTOR! (Kathrine will understand........... maybe.)

((( If you need any help........ just holler!!! )))
September 10, 2017 10:15AM
Im optimistic....... but realistic. Just above Ft Meyers so i expect ..... well the unexpected. Use what you have at this point to rethink your weak areas. I suspect ill get storm surge in the house.....or at the least be surrounded. Cat 4 for me. Water was gone well over a week ago from all the stores....... and ply wood was down to people using anything from fencing to a ton of 2X4s. Hoarding....... with comments like, ill bring it back after the storm.
September 10, 2017 12:55PM
I have been glued to the tv the last few days watching the news channels covering the hurricane. I wish everyone in Florida the best, be safe.
September 10, 2017 01:16PM
Sod-buster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I wonder, is there a chance this site goes down du
> e to storm??
> For extended period??

No
September 10, 2017 04:34PM
Hardcore. Other words good luck we are with you here in Europe. I hope everything will be ok.
September 12, 2017 09:14PM
Wind blew.... and we only lost elect for a couple of days. Just minor stuff to clean up....... and honestly we barely heard our shutters rattle. We were very lucky here on the gulf with the storm down grading and moving just slightly toward the middle of the state. Picking up the detector tomorrow and will see if we got any sand at the shore to move. Dont know that we really got the high storm surge at all here in Venice area.

Dew
September 12, 2017 10:48PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Wind blew.... and we only lost elect for a couple
> of days. Just minor stuff to clean up....... and
> honestly we barely heard our shutters rattle. We
> were very lucky here on the gulf with the storm do
> wn grading and moving just slightly toward the mid
> dle of the state. Picking up the detector tomorr
> ow and will see if we got any sand at the shore to
> move. Dont know that we really got the high stor
> m surge at all here in Venice area.
>
> Dew

Heard Sanibel Island was going to be washed away, under water. used to go to Venice and look for prehistoric sharks teeth, and Sanibel for shells.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
September 13, 2017 03:27AM
Sounds like you made it DEW!!

Excellent News..

Hope Tom and Wally are fine too!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
September 13, 2017 09:49AM
I got just on the edge of the eye. 100 MPH winds, no flooding in my neighborhood. No damage to the house, never lost electricity (and it's not because I work for the power company, just got lucky). Thanks to everyone for your prayers and concern.

Wally
September 13, 2017 02:09PM
Be careful...lots of disgruntled residents ....might get your detector shoved where the sun don't shine....
September 13, 2017 04:13PM
Great news Wally, glad your ok!

Aaron
September 13, 2017 04:45PM
I got News that my old area, Longboat Key survived and my brother's place in Punta Gorda is safe too so that was good to hear!
I've been thru a few and they're no joke! Even got washed out by Hurricane Bob many moons ago 1991 while living on the Cape in Mass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2017 08:29PM by Des D.
September 13, 2017 11:46PM
Cocoa Beach status report:

No erosion. Arrived at low tide this morning......... and the water was still at the high tide mark. Need a couple more days for the water to 'lay down'. Waves still around 6'-7' feet. The towel line (blanket line) was pulled down on to the wet slope. Endless steel tent pegs found. Very soft wet sand. Feels like mush......... melted marshmallows. Too soft to support anything that has density/mass/weight. A few 'greenies' were found high up on the slope....... dragged down from the dry sand......... having been in the dry sand for a year (or greater).
Other beaches around Florida may have 'cliff' erosion. ((( Other detectorists may be reluctant to report. )))
September 14, 2017 12:41AM
Thanks for the update Tom!!

Hope it opens up for you on finds in a few days!!

Good to here from you and also Wally!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
September 14, 2017 02:18AM
Seen a guy on the weather channel detecting the beach while hurricane was still approaching. They showed a caption of him for a minute. Was wondering if it was someone that's a member here but doesn't seem to be the case!
September 14, 2017 02:48AM
The guy is a member over on the "Friendly" forum...goes by FelixtheCat!

Steve
September 14, 2017 11:32PM
steveg Wrote:
> The guy is a member over on the "Friendly" forum..
> .goes by FelixtheCat!
>
> Steve

Cool - figured it had to be someone that belonged to a forum. Looked too hardcore/involved not to! lol

I know someone somewhere down there has got to be finding some good stuff. Like Tom said though = guys are probably keeping it hush hush so as not to draw attention and create a rush!