Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

EQUINOX "Down the barrel" EXTREME

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: EQUINOX "Down the barrel" EXTREME
September 26, 2017 12:12AM
It's not JUST their marketing dept. Bill, though I agree with you. It is also their engineering team. If Minelab hadn't consistently produced some of the world's finest machines, people wouldn't be waiting with bated breath for every new release they come up with. They are great marketers, but you have to have the reputation/earned credibility on your resume if your marketing is going to truly succeed...

Steve
September 26, 2017 12:15AM
Sand dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> SteveG, I forgot to say " with an msrp of $1599"
> lol
>
>
> John

John, I'm sorry, I think you made a typo. I think you meant for your "1" to be a "2..." $2599. There. Fixed it for you. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2017 12:17AM by steveg.
September 26, 2017 08:49AM
Someone having a go with a ctx3030

[youtu.be]
September 26, 2017 07:30PM
Bill long Wrote:
> Listen to you guys. You're already arguing over th
> is detector. And it want be available to actually
> use for 5 months if then. Ain't marketing a wonder
> ful thing. Minelabs marketing dept. has got us by
> the balls. Genius ain't it. They've already sold a
> ton of product without the product. Nonetheless, a
> in't it fun.hot smiley

Yep, After last year I would have thought that people would have been smart enough to at leased wait 6 months after the release before handing over their Cash, They didn't listen last time and they are not listening now,

Why not take it easy, it's safer that way.
September 26, 2017 08:37PM
steveg Wrote:
> It's not JUST their marketing dept. Bill, though I
> agree with you. It is also their engineering team
> . If Minelab hadn't consistently produced some of
> the world's finest machines, people wouldn't be wa
> iting with bated breath for every new release they
> come up with. They are great marketers, but you h
> ave to have the reputation/earned credibility on y
> our resume if your marketing is going to truly suc
> ceed...
>
> Steve

Although I agree, you also have to have a great marketing strategy in order to either build your reputation -

i.e. Makro were virtually nobodies not all that long ago and they sat their competition on their ar5es with accurate, no hype marketing which worked in with the end users on forums all over the world - Today Makro's reputation is strong - Then you have a well established big name in the industry, who not all that long ago launched a disastrous marketing campaign on a unit that can only be described as a 'lemon' - But that was not the real kicker. The kicker was when the public tried to inform this BIG company of their shortcomings, they initially did not want to know & fobbed off their loyal customers -

Given this, I would not hesitate in purchasing Makro gear blindly, as opposed to some of the other BIG names -

Marketing IMO can either make or break you - Something the Turks know all too well & those who have become too BIG, have forgotten -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
September 26, 2017 09:14PM
Thank goodness for you guys who jump in first. Cause if you didn't, we'd all still be swinging a Metro Tech. It's all good fellows. thumbs down
September 26, 2017 09:17PM
A few companies could learn a thing or two off of Nokta/Makro,