Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

looks like the F19s and G2+s have took a major price drop

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
looks like the F19s and G2+s have took a major price drop
October 03, 2017 01:54AM
Seems you can get either one for 449.00..

Best button killer on the planet..I wouldn't be without one myself..

Might round me up a back up for my other one at these prices..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: looks like the F19s and G2+s have took a major price drop
October 03, 2017 02:17AM
Very tempting!
Pre Equinox announcement I would have been jumping on one of these at this price.
Hard to get excited about single frequency detectors anymore..
The F19 is a great detector. I'm wondering if the Equinox will compete with it set at 20 kHz..
Will be interesting see if the jack of all trades can be a master of any.

Bryan
October 03, 2017 02:19AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seems you can get either one for 449.00..
>
> Best button killer on the planet..I wouldn't be wi
> thout one myself..
>
> Might round me up a back up for my other one at th
> ese prices..
>
> Keith

I order one today for myself. Contact your favorite dealer for your best deal.
October 03, 2017 02:49AM
It's going to come down to the raw cored DNA of a unit...

Multi freq at once hasn't made single freq obsolete yet and doubt it ever will..we will see if user selectable freq can compete with another machine who's Core DNA is built off that freq..

Looking at it like is, the equinox's 20Khz built to challenge a gold unit in its DNA??Or is it a Coin machine that can be ran on 20khz...things in deep programming MIGHT not be there ??

I have a feeling we will always have CERTAIN machines in single freq that cant be replicated from simply SELECTING a Freq on a unit that allows such.

Sort of like Bo Jackson, Dion Sanders,Jim Thorpe, Herschel Walker...great athletes can play multi sports PROFESSIONALLY ...but in their core DNA they are the best at one..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 03, 2017 03:06AM
Good points Keith..
Just the coil alone trying to work with all those frequencies seems like it might be a limiting factor.
Way over my head so I couldn't say.
Either way there's no doubt the F19 is a great detector..
Bryan
October 03, 2017 04:10AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> It's going to come down to the raw cored DNA of a
> unit...
>
> Multi freq at once hasn't made single freq obsole
> te yet and doubt it ever will..we will see if user
> selectable freq can compete with another machine w
> ho's Core DNA is built off that freq..
>
> Looking at it like is, the equinox's 20Khz built t
> o challenge a gold unit in its DNA??Or is it a Coi
> n machine that can be ran on 20khz...things in dee
> p programming MIGHT not be there ??
>
> I have a feeling we will always have CERTAIN machi
> nes in single freq that cant be replicated from si
> mply SELECTING a Freq on a unit that allows such.
>
> Sort of like Bo Jackson, Dion Sanders,Jim Thorpe,
> Herschel Walker...great athletes can play multi sp
> orts PROFESSIONALLY ...but in their core DNA they
> are the best at one..
>
> Keith

so maybe trying to do too much could be it's achilles heel, we'll see soon enough...I certainly won't be giving up my G2+ any time soon
and with my confidence in it's build quality I won't be buying a spare either.
October 03, 2017 04:12AM
Cabin Fever Wrote:

> Pre Equinox announcement I would have been jumping on one of these at this price.
> Hard to get excited about single frequency detectors anymore..

Remember, all VLFs are now obsolete...OK, perhaps not, but I do share the sentiment.
October 03, 2017 04:38AM
Just dont go putting a Nel Hunter coil on your F19, i found it cr4p!
[youtu.be]
October 03, 2017 05:53AM
ghound Wrote:
> Just dont go putting a Nel Hunter coil on your F19
> , i found it cr4p!
> [youtu.be]

Thanks for the video. Pretty disappointing indeed.
Does someone know more about the "iron performance" of the F19 together with the 6x3 snake coil?
October 03, 2017 06:46AM
Keith, in light of Sod-buster's posts on another thread, and my follow-up questions...

Where do you find the F19/G2+ in terms of "sparkiness" (as Sod-buster put it) when hunting in square nails? For me, with little else to compare it to, I'd say it was "too sparky." MAYBE that's just me expecting too much; maybe it's no more sparky than any of the other top-end unmaskers. But I can say that I never "got the knack" for being able to ascertain whatever nuance exists between falses off of square nails, and high-conductive targets NEXT TO square nails. I couldn't learn to sort out the difference, in the few times I was able to hunt that type of site. It's a little easier when trying to dig lower conductors in the square nails, but for targets that are high conductors, trying to separate what a "good" high tone next to a nail is from a "false" high tone DUE TO the nail, I just never did figure out. I always dreamed of a machine that WOULDN'T false on rusty nails, and square nails in my experience are the WORST -- much worse than modern round ones (unless bent/curved).

Steve
October 03, 2017 03:00PM
ghound Wrote:
> Just dont go putting a Nel Hunter coil on your F19
> , i found it cr4p!
> [youtu.be]

Nel Sharpshooter rocks!
October 03, 2017 04:42PM
Steveg, don't want to sound anal..... but....."sparkiness" is out of Keith Southerns dictionary of detector words and slang. Got to give credit where it's due.
Not that it cannot be used by all.....it's a good word to describe.
October 04, 2017 09:16AM
ozzie Wrote:
> Steveg, don't want to sound anal..... but....."spa
> rkiness" is out of Keith Southerns dictionary of d
> etector words and slang. Got to give credit where
> it's due.
> Not that it cannot be used by all.....it's a good
> word to describe.

Sorry, Ozzie -- not sure who to give credit to, regarding the term; I don't know whose term it is, it just seems to fit. Still would like to know where the F19 rates, in terms of its tendency to high-tone false in iron...

Steve
October 04, 2017 12:20PM
Somebody needs to say what many/most of us are thinking...C'mon, FTP, is that the best you can do - cutting prices on old machines?
Is that really how FTP chooses to compete against other companies' new offerings?
At least MineLab teases us. And you trot out old product with new pricing?
C'mon FTP!

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
October 04, 2017 12:38PM
I agree Wayne, a few hints at least please.

What we know (sort of)

2 new machines in the next 18 months (we can only hope)

Better mineral handling Multi freq. Got beat out by ML on that one unless FTP has a nice surprise in store winking smiley

Will use both concentric and DD coils per Dave J

AND... rumored to be working on PI with disc

That's about it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
October 04, 2017 02:32PM
Just no unit out there that can do it all.....Change the color and configuration, put new names on facets, freq. changes, meter changes etc.
Its called marketing and the high priced better than sliced bread units flies off the shelves..and last months newest becomes obsolete..
October 04, 2017 02:36PM
I have been meaning to buy a G2+ LTD ever since I sold my F19 but have been putting it off for one reason or another all year. This special fall pricing deal is just too good to pass up. Got one on the way now thanks to Craig at Show Me Treasures, who treated me better than I expected. Happy Happy.

HH
Mike
October 04, 2017 05:19PM
This is great news imo

Means we can look forward to used ones selling for next to nothing on the secondary market now!

If/since we can buy a new one now for $449 full blown retail (cheaper if you contact your fav dealer)

That means used will be 1/2 that much IF a guy really wants to make a sale on one and/but for that kinda money = it's a no brainer for the best button slayer on the planet grinning smiley
October 04, 2017 06:10PM
Hey Steve!!

Who's Sod Buster ??? Tell him to quit using my improper/slang definitions.... only one uneducated person at a time on a forum!!

The F19/G2+ can be somewhat NERVOUS acting in iron but nothing you can't cope with..Luckily the machine does not suffer from from high gain chatter even on 100 gain USUALLY unless your around EMI source which is rare on theses units..

The major thing that can cause you a headache with them is if there's Tin in the sites..they like to slam tin and the coin size pieces can sound so good..but luckily they read really high and flat..that forced hit that has no rise or fall of signal it's just all of a sudden there ..BAM!!!! 95 ID....

One thing on the F19 is that it's not overly powerful and usually nails usually don't wrap if you watch them they just creep up past your tone break setting more often than not...don't be afraid to set your tone break a couple points higher than the nail reading..heck run it at 40 if you like it will still unlock targets and become really really Precise in terms of accuracy of tone on ferrous Vs Non ferrous

The info you gave on the square nails sounding better than the round nails maybe offers info...alot of those square nails from the mid 1800s have that red look to them no rust when dug and they can read very high and at times,,,just have to be dug there very low carbon nails and usually don't rust...they are true wrought iron..if you get in a site that has square nails that have not rusted GOOD LUCK with not having high blips everywhere...If a person think's blobby rusted nails are tough to hunt in,, When you get in a site with wrought nails it can seem like at times your hunting for a target in brass tacks everywhere especially on a High freq unit..

Grab a small coil and work that iron...and when you get those high blips look at your meter...Id bet the culprit on the F19 75% of the time isn't wrap as it is the tone break is too low for that ferrous nail targets.Deep nails will be the ones that like to wrap most often...Sometimes the spits and blips of high tone can make the good targets hard to hear but you have to allow a slight acceptance to the DIN (background radiation if you will)..then the legitimate non ferrous targets will have a nuance to them ..

all in all though the F19/G2+ is one heck of a iron picker and unlocker...and loves every shape of non ferrous target imaginable..not just round but relic shapes as a plus...A formidable relic unit...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
October 04, 2017 06:37PM
Thanks, Keith. Very much.

Yes, this site has those square nails that aren't very rusty at all; red, yes, but not particularly rusty. I just could NOT get the hang of hunting there. Like I said, I rarely had the opportunity and so very little time to gain experience; it's a site I could only hunt with a friend (the one who had the permission), and I only rarely got an invite, on a weekend I wasn't working. If I had MONTHS to hunt in there, and do it all the time, I'm sure I'd have gotten a little better.

I was a little better at sneaking out lower tone stuff from amongst the iron -- buttons, and such. But there are ALOT of coins in there, and I was always bogged down digging high-tones hoping for a Seated Dime or Quarter that wass hiding in the nails. But with all the background falsing off those square nails, and no ability to know that "nuance," of which you speak, it was frustrating.

One thing I wondered...was I wrong in trying to listen for high tones amongst the nails, if I was hoping to dig silver? Was that just wasting my time? In other words, would the nails have "averaged down" the ID and tones of a any coin-next-to-nail type of target anyway, such that the coin would not have BEEN a high tone? I am so used to hunting with the Explorer, where a coin next to a nail often will still manage a high-tone chirp, that I wondered if I was expecting the same thing with the F19, but shouldn't have been. When hunting that non FBS single freq. unit, should I have expected "averaged down" tones and ID, for any co-located coin/nail -- and as such should have just totally stopped listening for high-tone chirps altogether?

Steve
October 06, 2017 01:30PM
Man that was fast. I already have the G2+ in my hand. Arrived last night. For some reason I thought the G2+LTD would be in green camo like the F19, but is not, its in a fall forest camo pattern. Cool. I like it.

Thanks Craig for the good deal and the fast shipping. Now to go find a piece of gold with it.

HH
Mike
October 06, 2017 11:22PM
G2+ 11 inch coil, is the Best coin and Jewelry machine out there, Rock solid VDI Numbers

A lot people don't like them, because they don't have tone ID.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2017 11:44PM by Rob in (ca).
October 07, 2017 10:36AM
Keith..... if the new ML lives up to the hype i think USED CTXs are going to have to come down in price as well. Nows a good time to start looking at used items.....machines and equipment. I thing there will be a lot going on the chopping block for this new machine.
October 08, 2017 12:20PM
I've noticed a huge increase in top of the line detectors going up for sale. Never thought some of these hunters would part with their machines over a few well produced videos, but they have.
I refuse to jump on the bandwagon just yet......
October 08, 2017 02:45PM
Yeah here is my CTX [www.detectorprospector.com]

G2 auction here... [www.ebay.com]?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 06:52PM by Steve Herschbach.
October 08, 2017 03:04PM
ML breaks new ground with the agressive pricing of its two latest machhines - the GM1000 and now the Equinox. Competitors will have to take account of this. Maybe they already have, after all, Nokta/Macro already pushed the price of top machines down in a big way - using their low cost of production due to the weakness of the Turkish currency.

What if FirstTexas’ new pricing of their existing models represents not just a clearance sale but a new reality - maybe the days of general purpose detectors costing more than $1000 are over.

Coin shooting barely makes battery money in clad change these days (and don’t even think about zinc penny pollution) - Virgin relic sites are disappearing, the beaches swarm with detector swingers and the new “drops” are mostly not gold.

Maybe the multi-thousand dollar detectors were easier to sell when the “pickins” were better?

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 03:07PM by lytle78.
October 09, 2017 05:03PM
I don't know about any of the rest of the conversation, I just know the current Fall Special makes for a screaming deal that I'm glad I got in on.

HH
Mike
October 09, 2017 05:47PM
“maybe the days of general purpose detectors costing more than $1000 are over.“

Personally I think that is now the case. It is for me anyway. When I look at what the Equinox offers at $899 there is nothing out there that would entice me to pay more. The real irony is that it is the last company anyone ever thought would do it that is throwing down the gauntlet in that regard.

The U.S. detector market is quite well saturated with product at this point, all chasing a rapidly depleting resource. Does anyone really think recent drop clad coins and tungsten rings will sustain things? All that is left now is for the price war to commence and eventual market consolidation to occur. 2018 is going to be very kind to the pocketbooks of new buyers and very hard on people looking to unload used detectors.
October 09, 2017 07:55PM
hey steve,

"The U.S. detector market is quite well saturated with product at this point, all chasing a rapidly depleting resource. Does anyone really think recent drop clad coins and tungsten rings will sustain things? All that is left now is for the price war to commence and eventual market consolidation to occur. 2018 is going to be very kind to the pocketbooks of new buyers and very hard on people looking to unload used detectors."

I have to focus on those recent drops with the benefit of being in Canada with $1 and $2 coins, lol which is why my G2+ is my goto machine.
recently found a men's gold band, 6.4g stamped 750 to add to the Nox800 fund, maybe $180 usd or so melt...I've paid for my Nox already this year.

sub $1000 looks to be the new battleground and nice to see though I'm sure you'll be 1st in line for Minelab's next mega $ gold wonder or maybe the 7000 is the last
of that breed also? I hope so, cheers
October 09, 2017 08:32PM
Gold prospecting is a different matter as I have indeed paid for my GPZ 7000 at full retail and then some. Even there however I think Minelab set a high water mark at $9999 when the GPZ was introduced. Lowered to $7999 now. About all they can do there is add ferrous disc but even then they would do well to just hold the price where it is. Sadly the only real competition Minelab has faced for years on the high end gold detectors is just Minelab themselves. I do t think that market can sustain the high prices either although it may take longer for them to come down. The real bang for the buck now is the GPX 4500 at $2699.

Amazing actually how fast clad adds up. If we could just get our gov to stop making zinc pennies and paper dollars it would help. Dollar coins are still a rare find here. Regardless I don’t think the metal detector industry will do too well if all we see on forums and Facebook is everybodies clad coins.