Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD/SE in All Metals Mode...Anyone do it?

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD/SE in All Metals Mode...Anyone do it?
March 16, 2011 12:14AM
I've heard over and over that the F75 is crazy deep in the all metals mode, especially the static all metals mode and even more so with the LTD/SE in BP mode.

I've tried hunting in these modes and the noise is crazy. Does anyone routinely hunt in AM mode on the F75, if so what kind of hunting are you doing?

I can imagine with the new 15" DD coil coming next month that AM mode should be ultra deep.

HH,
Brian
Re: F75 LTD/SE in All Metals Mode...Anyone do it?
March 16, 2011 12:20AM
Brian,

In my type of hunting......I have never found application for the All Metal mode.
March 16, 2011 11:55PM
I relic hunt in NW Georgia and run my F75 LTD in all metal. Mineralization is moderate to bad in this area and can change every 10 yards at some of my spots. My settings are BP, static all metal, usually 90 sens. Compared to my Explorer SE and Safari the LTD is not very noisey at all (by the way, I think the Safari is a better relic hunter than the Explorer, just my opinion.) I've used mostly Fishers over the past 33 years but have tried a couple of Garret Deepseekers,would not handle the ground,.... Nautilus DMCII, same results,.....Whites 4900 was a pretty good machine,....Minelab Exterra 50, very good and deep,... Safari, very deep but noisey in a.m., same with the Explorer SE. A little iron mask or disc will quieten down a FBS machine but you need to learn to work through the null at times. The worse by far was the Fisher 1266x, I could never relate to that chatter box.

All that being said, I assume you are asking about ground noise and not nails, etc. If I get into a bunch of nails I deal with it and watch the display screen.
March 17, 2011 12:30AM
I cant run the LTD in boost all metal. Gets kinda crazy hunting like that here.
March 17, 2011 01:40AM
Static AM in BP mode, that's full tilt! What kind of depth are you getting with that setup compared to similar settings in disc mode on the LTD in BP mode?

Thanks!
Brian

ngrelic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I relic hunt in NW Georgia and run my F75 LTD in
> all metal. Mineralization is moderate to bad in
> this area and can change every 10 yards at some of
> my spots. My settings are BP, static all metal,
> usually 90 sens. Compared to my Explorer SE and
> Safari the LTD is not very noisey at all (by the
> way, I think the Safari is a better relic hunter
> than the Explorer, just my opinion.) I've used
> mostly Fishers over the past 33 years but have
> tried a couple of Garret Deepseekers,would not
> handle the ground,.... Nautilus DMCII, same
> results,.....Whites 4900 was a pretty good
> machine,....Minelab Exterra 50, very good and
> deep,... Safari, very deep but noisey in a.m.,
> same with the Explorer SE. A little iron mask or
> disc will quieten down a FBS machine but you need
> to learn to work through the null at times. The
> worse by far was the Fisher 1266x, I could never
> relate to that chatter box.
>
> All that being said, I assume you are asking about
> ground noise and not nails, etc. If I get into a
> bunch of nails I deal with it and watch the
> display screen.
March 17, 2011 09:47AM
Sorry, I meant MOTION all metal........ooops!!!! I've checked deeper signals in disc and get a positive response, but some may not stop me in my tracks. Been digging minie balls @ 10+ inches, but most good machines will do that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2011 10:06AM by ngrelic.