Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone with VX3 that can tell me how good they work

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone with VX3 that can tell me how good they work
October 14, 2017 03:42PM
I know you guys and gals have used a lot of detectors so if anyone can tell me about the VX3 would be nice. I would like a detector that works in three frequencies at once. I know some say it don,t go as deep as other detectors, but if it will get 10" that is ok.
Re: Anyone with VX3 that can tell me how good they work
October 14, 2017 04:21PM
I use a V3i very successfully.
It's a high powered machine so don't run your rx gain up high or you'll get falling and instability.Dont use factory DD coil its heavy and its detection band is very wide for a DD coil.
Don't be afraid of using a 4x6 shooter coil in iron combined with proper G balance offset and 22.5 frequency it's a beast that will rival other machines known for separation.
Use ground balance locked or if hunting in open areas auto with inhibit enabled will produce great results.
Ultimate 13 coil will air test a dime with proper id at more than 13 inches.

If machine was lighter it would be my favorite!
October 14, 2017 05:09PM
Can the VX3 be hip mounted? Maybe a swingie thing
October 14, 2017 06:35PM
My best tool from my metal detecting arsenal. Works perfectly for me... I have other new top brands but this one is my favourite tool.
October 15, 2017 02:30PM
Flint....if you get a good deal on a VX3 hook it up with the Ultimate 13 inch coil. Great combo.

I have that coil along with the SEF 8x6 and Whites 5.3 concentric for my V3i and those 3 coils to me work the best. Haven't used the Whites 9.5 or 10 inch DD since I got the Detech and SEF coils.

Whites V series are very good units in my opinion. Lots of options but as you probably know you start slow when adjusting. The screen and it's information gathering is one of the best out there.

Whites service, even for out of warranty units, is top notch too.
October 15, 2017 04:16PM
Been running a Whites Vx3 with stock 950 coil for my Jewelry hunting in the Parks / Sports field / Tot Lots, Now for that type of hunting, nothing beats the Vx3. (I've tried them all)

very Accurate pinpointing (must have for public sites) very accurate depth readings (must have for neat target recovery) very good target ID and very sensitive to low conductors.

I can swing the Vx3 for 4 hours with no problem, but it's at the max weight limit, Now if I was to add 8 oz more weight to the Vx3, it wold be to heavy.

good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2017 06:14PM by Rob in (ca).
October 15, 2017 07:17PM
I have the MXT and know how good Whites is to take care of all there customers. I am working on trying to get the VX3, I think the V3i would be to much tweeking. I think the VX3 comes with the 6x10 coil, I have one anyway for the MXT it is v rated.
October 15, 2017 07:48PM
I have a V3i which just came back from Sweethome all ready to go. I would let go for $700.00 bother rechargeable and standard battery packs and charger.
October 15, 2017 08:08PM
The only advantage the V3I has over The Vx3, for my type of hunting (jewelry hunting the Parks) is the (Customize Tone adjustments) where the Vx3 don't have.

the V3I can be set to a 2 tone V Break, accept all VDI Numbers and customize the tones to where, all The Iron VDI Numbers have a (grunt tone) all the conductive numbers have a (High Tone) works great.

The sizing & polar plot I never use. The Stock DD coil on The V3I I don't care for, way to hard to pinpoint, The 950 Coil work way Better and hates steel bottle caps.

can't go wrong with either one........... Sure wish Whites would come out with a wireless back phones, a more light weight design wireless headphones.
October 16, 2017 03:20PM
As said above its a great jewelry unit. I found a ton with mine. Whites VDI is perfect for that type of hunting- after a while I began to notice a trend of seeing items in the "no mans land" between certain common VDI's, (say 17 or so) but would have stable ID. On shallow targets these were often gold. Jumpier IDs on shallower targets were often predictably trash.

I will say the swing speed is goofy compared to your MXT. If your concern is deep fringe targets you can hit them, but you need to really creep with a good ear. Also if you like to roll through an area and pick quarters or whatnot, again not the best at that.
October 16, 2017 10:04PM
Thanks all for the info, Dose the wires headphones have to be Whites? As for speed, I don't get in a hurry, I have a broken back, and 66 years old, so going slow is for me. That is one thing I like about the MXT, you can go slow or a little fast and it still hunts good. I have been taking out my old Eagle 11 sl and find it is still one of Whites best, just about kills me after about an hour. I got me a swingie thing, but get all tangled up. If I can get a good deal on the VX3 I think I will like it to. Has anyone used a Eagle 11 sl ? It is one of Whites best. Wish they would make a lighter one.
October 16, 2017 11:17PM
Flintstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks all for the info, Dose the wires headphones
> have to be Whites? As for speed, I don't get in a
> hurry, I have a broken back, and 66 years old, so
> going slow is for me. That is one thing I like abo
> ut the MXT, you can go slow or a little fast and i
> t still hunts good. I have been taking out my old
> Eagle 11 sl and find it is still one of Whites be
> st, just about kills me after about an hour. I got
> me a swingie thing, but get all tangled up. If I c
> an get a good deal on the VX3 I think I will like
> it to. Has anyone used a Eagle 11 sl ? It is one
> of Whites best. Wish they would make a lighter one
> .
I've been using the Deteknix W6 pro wireless headphones. They work great on my T2 and the Mxsport (when I had that one). I also had the Eagle ll SL years ago....great detector, and has found MANY relics and coins. Oldest coin is (my favorite) a 1776 2 reale. I wish they still made it in a lighter package too!
October 17, 2017 06:37AM
Remeber about Detknix - they are mono, and don't work with V3 stereo mixed mode.