Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here's a Deus Video I find very interesting...Recovery speed

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Here's a Deus Video I find very interesting...Recovery speed
March 13, 2012 10:30PM
The machine he test it against is irrelevant to me because I have never used one...But can imagine from other videos of the golden mask 3 it act's like most other analog High freq machine's....

What is relevant is the response time while still using 2 tone....Reall Really fast processing going on...And remember the nails are long way's also...

when you can get 2 tone's to do this...well you have a fast "Very" fast response machine...

[youtu.be]

You be the judge...

Keith
Re: Here's a Deus Video I find very interesting...Recovery speed
March 13, 2012 11:43PM
keith, what is your overall opinion of the deus.. I am pretty sure that I am going to get one to play with. still like my E-trac, just a little heavy
March 14, 2012 12:33AM
The XP website says most detectors are a '1' in recovery speed. Only a select few are a '2'. The Deus can be adjusted up to '5'. Very impressive.
March 14, 2012 01:24AM
The recovery speed is very impressive. I have been hearing about the recovery speed from our friends in the UK for some time now.
Not to hijack the thread, but I'm still not sure I want to be choosing frequencies while I'm hunting. It just seems like too many adjustments. That was a major factor on me shying away from the XLT years ago. I was always adjusting and tweaking. When I had a bad day detecting I always was thinking that I had the wrong settings. Then I would go back to the same site with the detector darn near unstable and find hardly anything else worth mentioning. I want a detector that I know I am getting the most out of at that particular moment. I currently have the E Trac. Thanks to a few on this forum I purchased the Swingy Thingy. I can go pretty long now. The E Trac does have a variety of settings. But I feel pretty confident that I am getting the most out of it. Or at least darn close. Maybe I'm just anal about certain things. But I don't want my detecting to be complicated. I want to turn it on and detect. Maybe choose between conductive or TTF. That's about it for me. I never tried this new detector. I never have seen one in person. But remotes and wireless coils and batteries here and there. Not for me I'm afraid.
March 14, 2012 01:55AM
Here is another video, in English

Tom in SC

[www.youtube.com]
March 14, 2012 02:09AM
> when you can get 2 tone's to do this...well you
> have a fast "Very" fast response machine...

It was actually 3 tones, i used in the video.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 02:44AM by Etsija82.
March 14, 2012 02:51AM
I have never had one Sonny....But just watching, reading, and studying trying to stay away from the initial hype wave that all new detectors generate I beleive it is a very good machine...

I know it has been produced for awhile in Europe and we are just now getting them in our hand's so there will be a lot of the silly bickering going on about my machine is better than your machine because.??? Well ???

But get past all that and read between the line's and while it is quite expensive I believe it to be a true step forward in technology...And not just by the wireless aspect but the true overall performance that seems to be coming from such a small unit compared to any unit in the total control of alot of detector parameter's you are getting in terms of cost ..I believe manufacturer's better start looking towards tommorow now....

Just being able to swich freqs on the fly ....Ground tracking that I hear is perfect...ability to speed up response time.....Etc Etc...all in alight weight package...

I want to see what happens after the initial frenzy subsides and see what a few of the die hards have to say...There's always going to be some complaint's but look for real complaint's...Not jealous complaint's....

I myself would love one but at that price....I would have to give up to many goodies to get it.......but maybe in a few month's the goodies might have to be give up for it LOL!!!

We're watching this all unfold together...

Sort of remind's me of a futuristic V3i......Maybe 15 year's from now ( seriously and that's sad)...That seems to be the detector company's way....Well it look's like this company is serious about being current and why should we not be able to get current technology for detector's like any other consumer get's now-a-day's.We're always the last.. maybe thing's are starting to change!!!..I hope the competition gets heated...

One day we will probably have a phone app that can communicate with a coil ...You never know?

Keith
March 14, 2012 11:21AM
I would like to know what the range of the discrimination is? The Goldmaxx Power that is the previous model only discriminates up to all iron level. All targets above iron are accepted.

Tom in SC
March 14, 2012 11:46AM
Im not positive but I think you can pretty much replicate that scenario with a f75 and another thing those nails are not rusty either.
March 14, 2012 12:26PM
Multiple scenarios presented......... with each subsequent test... being more convincing. Stunning performance....... if this is real.

I would like to see a 90-Deg turn (different approach direction).................... and I would have liked to see coil at different heights.

Overall............... stunning video.
March 14, 2012 01:44PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Multiple scenarios presented......... with each
> subsequent test... being more convincing. Stunning
> performance....... if this is real.

The video is as real as they come, because i made it and i dont like to trick people, doing bogus test benefits no one. The recovery speed was at 3/5, so the detector can be set to recover even faster.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 01:47PM by Etsija82.
March 14, 2012 03:07PM
Just curious...are you a dealer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 03:09PM by Aaron.
March 14, 2012 03:11PM
Aaron Wrote:
> Just curious...are you a dealer?

Ha, i am not a dealer..i am just a normal metal detectorist, who loves his Xp Deus.

It seems, that every user is either a dealer or a liar, when they are talking positive things about this detector...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 03:23PM by Etsija82.
March 14, 2012 03:52PM
Understand that most of us on this forum have been detecting for many years before the turn of the century. Before the Internet we only had the magazines and a few freinds and trustworthy dealer to get get our information and even then it may or may not have been accurate. Now with the Internet anybody can put anything out there with videos and instantly the stories are flying and facts are twisted. Most of us have never used the Deus let alone seen one. We have a right to be cautious.
Thanks for the videos

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 03:58PM by Aaron.
March 14, 2012 04:09PM
Aaron Wrote:
> Understand that most of us on this forum have been
> detecting for many years before the turn of the
> century. Before the Internet we only had the
> magazines and a few freinds and trustworthy dealer
> to get get our information and even then it may or
> may not have been accurate. Now with the Internet
> anybody can put anything out there with videos and
> instantly the stories are flying and facts are
> twisted. Most of us have never used the Deus let
> alone seen one. We have a right to be cautious.
> Thanks for the videos

I understand your point, but here is another recovery speed test i just made: [www.youtube.com]

You can believe the video or not, it is for you to decide.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 04:13PM by Etsija82.
March 14, 2012 04:41PM
Well... That's seems pretty legit....

What do think now Tom?

Is it calibrated to U.S. coins?
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 04:44PM by Aaron.
March 14, 2012 04:47PM
Aaron Wrote:
> Well... That's seems pretty legit.
> Now what do think Tom?
>
> Is it calibrated to U.S. coins?
> Thanks

Yes, the Deus can be calibrated to find any coin you want, there are numerous discrimination, frequency and sound options to tweak. I have a wheat cent and a clad quarter, hits them very nicely as it really likes round things.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 04:50PM by Etsija82.
March 14, 2012 05:09PM
That's a nice test.

I would really be impressed if the test were done with old rusty nails with some of them bent.

I don't know about others, but I've never found such nice nails in the ground.
March 14, 2012 05:16PM
Hi, Proceed with caution and be aware I just tested a U.S. made machine for under $400.00 and it displays these same characteristics and the same quick recovery times ......JJ
March 14, 2012 05:17PM
I wonder how it does with old rusty round/flat head screws and bent nails in damp dirt?
Those things continue to fool me and my Etrac and CZ.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 05:23PM by Aaron.
March 14, 2012 05:37PM
Detectorist Wrote:
> That's a nice test.
>
> I would really be impressed if the test were done
> with old rusty nails with some of them bent.
>
> I don't know about others, but I've never found
> such nice nails in the ground.

I found some bend rusted nails and tested those nails with the coins, didnt seem to make much difference. It got so dark, that i cannot make any videos today, so i have to try again tomorrow.
March 14, 2012 06:23PM
Now were all curious, JimmyJ, what was this 400 dollar machine? I'll have first guess with Fisher F4.
March 14, 2012 08:22PM
There now is a Deus XP forum on finds...I can't believe all the people who already have that thing, and were loyal Etrac users for years. This reminds me of that old Twilight Zone episode when all the humans are in a hurry to board the aliens ships to leave earth.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 08:52PM by Aaron.
March 14, 2012 09:01PM
Aaron Wrote:
> There now is a Deus XP forum on finds...I can't
> believe all the people who already have that
> thing, and were loyal Etrac users for years. This
> reminds me of that old Twilight Zone episode when
> all the humans are in a hurry to board the aliens
> ships to leave earth.....

ehee, LOL.

Aaron, I mentioned it quite a few times before but the Deus caused MANY E-Trac users to migrate from their E-Tracs to the Deus here in Europe. (And to a point I expect a lot of people to do the same in America). A lot of those users just didn't like the weight of the Deus and depth in Europe is not the top priority, but rather working in iron is. The one thing that stopped me from getting a Deus was the lack of ID on deeper coins. It is just fun for me to find deep coins. But, my back is not adjusting to the E-Trac and neither is my elbow. I have the swingy thingy but don't enjoy having to use a bungee assembly to go detecting. But, I really just love the E-Tracs 2D screen and two sets of numbers AND performance in iron mineralized ground. So, I'll use the Swingy Thingy and hopefully something lighter comes out later this year.
March 14, 2012 09:13PM
I know it's already been said but I bet MineLab has something in the works to fully compete with it. For Pete's sake Andy Sabisch has got one now and he wrote the book on the explorer/Etrac!
That's gotta tell you something besides moss a good time to get a good used Etrac if you've wanted one!
March 14, 2012 09:31PM
Etsija82 Wrote:
> I understand your point, but here is another
> recovery speed test i just made:
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> You can believe the video or not, it is for you to
> decide.

Ah ha, there is something in the ice that makes the Deus work so well and your just a closet dealer trying to make a sale. smiling smiley Just kidding! smiling smiley

That's an impressive video. Thanks for sharing. Some people will not believe what their eyes are showing them.
March 14, 2012 09:51PM
schultze, you would be doing the forum a big service if you sent it to Tom ( as some of us already have) and let him put it through the "gauntlet".
If it is as good as you claim....I will be right behind Tom in line,,,, for my own!

For the time being, I'm going to stick with what works.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 09:53PM by Aaron.
March 14, 2012 10:18PM
Phenomenal/stunning. I would not place too much concern on whether the nails are rusty..... or new. The bottom line is....... they are iron. This appears to be 'revolutionizing' performance.

What would happen if you kept the target test set-up the exact same......... but added more 'like-item' identical nails on the ground..... about 1" separation forward/above (or below) the existing ones?

I know I'm 'pushing' it now......... but how does the detector respond if a nail is suspended above the coin by about 1 inch? This is to say........ the coin is 1 inch 'deeper' than the nail.
March 14, 2012 10:27PM
Yes I was thinking wonder what it would do with the nails left alone and the spot where the coins are at dig some 1 inch deep hole's in the ground and drop coins in and leave uncovered or get some short block's of wood and lay the nails on top and put nails in between the gaps...then show us what it will do...

I sort of have a feeling it might give us jaw drop....as easy as it is hitting them now the test might be successful ..

Thanks for taking the time to give video's...

Keith
March 14, 2012 10:37PM
When I had my Troy X5, I found many coins with nails in the same hole. I was once searching in Orlando, Florida, and got a pretty good dime signal...both ways. dug about 3" and found my first finishing nail. After pulling out 4 nails I found the dime.

I was hunting a CW camp in Virginia with a friend of mine, who also had a Troy. The other fellow had a DFX and knew how to use it. The ground was rock hard. I got a great zinc penny signal, both ways and asked for help digging it because of the ground. The other guy couldn't figure out what we were doing since he kept getting an iron signal from my target. 4" down we pulled a 4" rusty nail from the hole. Another 2" and we found the Minnie ball.

NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Phenomenal/stunning. I would not place too much
> concern on whether the nails are rusty..... or
> new. The bottom line is....... they are iron. This
> appears to be 'revolutionizing' performance.
>
> What would happen if you kept the target test
> set-up the exact same......... but added more
> 'like-item' identical nails on the ground.....
> about 1" separation forward/above (or below) the
> existing ones?
>
> I know I'm 'pushing' it now......... but how does
> the detector respond if a nail is suspended above
> the coin by about 1 inch? This is to say........
> the coin is 1 inch 'deeper' than the nail.