Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

So has Minelab leapfrogged the competition

Posted by Jackpine 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
So has Minelab leapfrogged the competition
November 09, 2017 01:03PM
So has Minelab leapfrogged the competition with release of the Equinox?

Unless FTP have made a breakthrough discovery in mineral handling with the rumored Multi-Freq machine(s), the Equinox may well be sending engineers back to the drawing boards.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 01:05PM by Jackpine.
Re: So has Minelab leapfrogged the competition
November 09, 2017 03:13PM
Be careful when"leapfroggin" a Unicorn.
November 09, 2017 04:12PM
The Equinox appears to be a glorified CZ; so, no, Minelab has not leapfrogged the competition.
November 09, 2017 04:26PM
well they have in iron infested sites if Brandon Neice is to be believed

"The Minelab EQUINOX is truly in a league of its own. In the short time I've been operating this machine, I've recovered deep coins and artifacts from iron infested sites that other machines simply cannot detect."

– Brandon Neice
November 09, 2017 04:51PM
Bayard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Equinox appears to be a glorified CZ; so, no,
> Minelab has not leapfrogged the competition.

Haven't you been asking for a glorified CZ for years?

I like my CZ70, but this is something entirely different, yes it's simultaneous multi-frequency similar to the CZ line, but it offers a lot more, like DD coils, light weight, digital TID, adjustable reactivity speed and on and on...you know. I think this is what we've all been waiting for FTP to make for years. I like my CZ70 quite a bit, but it doesn't do that well in iron infested ghost towns and like sites which is mainly what I detect these days, so it's been relegated to salt water beach detecting with the Sunray 12.5" coil. I used to turf hunt with my CZ70 years ago, my buddy with his Explorer2 would usually do much better on deep silver, maybe it was it's ability to use DD coils in our mineralized soil?
November 09, 2017 05:00PM
doc holiday Wrote:
> Be careful when"leapfroggin" a Unicorn.

smileys with beer

That Unicorn like most is yet to be seen or described. grinning smiley

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
November 09, 2017 06:11PM
Jackpine Wrote:
> doc holiday Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Be careful when"leapfroggin" a Unicorn.
>
> smileys with beer
>
> That Unicorn like most is yet to be seen or descri
> bed. grinning smiley

Good one---and Happiness isn't getting what you want--it's wantin' what you git.

Going to be some interesting reading in a couple months.
November 09, 2017 06:15PM
The Unicorn would be the light weight GPZ 7000 successor with full range disc at full depth with all the other goodies like tone break, reactivity, etc etc.. oh and affordable.

John
November 09, 2017 06:17PM
Could of swore on Facebook FT said no multi machine coming.
EDIT-Never mind looks like a regular user posted the no multi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 06:26PM by GreenMeanie.
November 09, 2017 07:02PM
"The Equinox appears to be a glorified CZ"

Yep, sure it is - confused smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
November 09, 2017 07:34PM
Sand dog Wrote:
> The Unicorn would be the light weight GPZ 7000 suc
> cessor with full range disc at full depth with all
> the other goodies like tone break, reactivity, etc
> etc.. oh and affordable.
>
> John

So long as it doesn't have a picture of Barbie on it. eye popping smiley

November 10, 2017 02:05AM
Leapfrogged the competition??

Don't know yet.

There are multiple ways to leapfrog.

I am sure Equinox will have weaknesses just like all other detectors.

Won't be an end all detector line.

Now the manufacturer may want folks to think this.
November 10, 2017 03:12AM
But the Equinox should be raising the bar . That's good.
November 10, 2017 09:51PM
Raised the bar? Perhaps. Changed the face of detecting? Definitely! Manufacturers now realize, that to compete, they either have to come up with something that isn't out in the market, or, at the very least, make their machines water proof, multi-freq, light, and have dead-on(assuming the EQ has this) TID.

Now....some folks here and other forums, get upset when another brand is touted king, and their brand is touted as yesterday's news. In the past, I have felt that way too. But I realized how foolish feeling like that is but in the same breath, I understand why people get that way. So, WHEN I post some reports on the EQ, I know there will be resistance. It's natural.

Other machines: So there is a ton of buzz about FT, and XP, as well as a few other manufacturers making THEIR next level machine. I seen some comments like, "just wait until you see what First Texas comes out with". Well, we have been waiting...and waiting. Time will tell, but by then, will it really matter anymore? GOOD finds are depleting exponentially. Even clad in my area is drying up fast.

So in the future, you may have the best detector ever made, and nothing to find with it!